ADVERTISEMENT

Any Milton Updates?

You'd have to think if he'd gotten good news we'd know about it, but maybe that critical January Dr.'s Appointment hasn't happened yet.

Still had a knee brace on at the bowl game. It was sad to see him a year later at the same field where he got injured on.

I actually think he can return. gonna take a little longer but it doable.
Bridgewater came back from something similar

Reactions: Ucfmikes
be a miracle if he came back this season. when it happened i was thinking if he ever played again it would be as a 6th year senior in 2021.

Last year was medical grey shirt?
So this year can technically be a redshirt year.

That still leaves 2 years eligibility. But also makes his rsJR year the same as DGs Junior Year.

Last year was medical grey shirt?
So this year can technically be a redshirt year.

That still leaves 2 years eligibility. But also makes his rsJR year the same as DGs Junior Year.
yeah last year was his medical redshirt year and when you have a medical redshirt year you can get a 6th year depending on the circumstances. a case like his would almost certainly qualify for a 6th year if he needed one.

and he got hurt at the end of his junior year, he only has 1 playing year left.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I actually think he can return. gonna take a little longer but it doable.
Bridgewater came back from something similar
I don't think Bridgewater's injury was as serious as KZ's. KZ's is about as bad as you can get outside of a spinal.

I don't think Bridgewater's injury was as serious as KZ's. KZ's is about as bad as you can get outside of a spinal.
Definitely not as bad. Can’t remember specifics but when I was researching, the Bridgewater injury lacked some tearing or blocking of arteries like KZ had.

I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures of him jogging coming up very soon :)

This thread sounds like a bunch of old hens cackling :) When he's getting ready to withstand contact is when the truth will be known, expect a lot of progress between then and now.

I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures of him jogging coming up very soon :)

This thread sounds like a bunch of old hens cackling :) When he's getting ready to withstand contact is when the truth will be known, expect a lot of progress between then and now.

You being serious RN? Is this why the fans here dont think we need a QB in this class?

Maybe he’s getting healthy enough to possibly play and he’s secretly agreed to transfer to Ole Miss and he’s dropping that hint on us. He knows Gabriel has the spot locked down here.

Maybe he’s getting healthy enough to possibly play and he’s secretly agreed to transfer to Ole Miss and he’s dropping that hint on us. He knows Gabriel has the spot locked down here.
I would think Milton would be more direct and make a kind of nice announcement if he was leaving.

You being serious RN? Is this why the fans here dont think we need a QB in this class?
The kid from UM who had his leg bent straight backwards at the knee and played pro ball for Buffalo (worst injury I ever saw). The QB on Saints who was hurt at Minnesota and played for UL had KZ type injury and he looks pretty good for me (except he's still not an accurate passer). I rest my case Doc :)

The kid from UM who had his leg bent straight backwards at the knee and played pro ball for Buffalo (worst injury I ever saw). The QB on Saints who was hurt at Minnesota and played for UL had KZ type injury and he looks pretty good for me (except he's still not an accurate passer). I rest my case Doc :)

For every couple cases where a person rebounds, there is countless more where the person is never the same physically. Every case is completely unique. Not saying its impossible, but I wouldn't use the anomalies as proof that he will play again.

For every couple cases where a person rebounds, there is countless more where the person is never the same physically. Every case is completely unique. Not saying its impossible, but I wouldn't use the anomalies as proof that he will play again.
Again. the knee will be strong but the decision to take hits will be the last threshold. Remember how bad Joe Namath's knees were at the end of his career. The QB position for a passing QB doesn't require 100% healing. KZ NOT being 100% is where you're probably right just like Tua NOT being 100% after his recovery is probably correct.

You are comparing KZ to others that are naturally bigger than him and could put on more weight

I love the guy but was posting durability concerns on the board before this catastrophic injury. He never completed a 12 game season in a League not known for physicality

You are comparing KZ to others that are naturally bigger than him and could put on more weight

I love the guy but was posting durability concerns on the board before this catastrophic injury. He never completed a 12 game season in a League not known for physicality
I mean, before he sat out that game against ECU in 2018 he had started 28 straight games for us, and it's debatable how injured he was for that game. That's over 2 seasons worth of games. That's pretty durable if you ask me.

I mean, before he sat out that game against ECU in 2018 he had started 28 straight games for us, and it's debatable how injured he was for that game. That's over 2 seasons worth of games. That's pretty durable if you ask me.
Started, yes - but he was nicked up a lot. Still love the kid and his heart, though. I’d take him over most even if he’s only 50%.

No FBS quarterback goes through a season without getting dinged up. He said he never made it through a full season when he undeniably did.

Reactions: Endeavor.
No FBS quarterback goes through a season without getting dinged up. He said he never made it through a full season when he undeniably did.
KZ is the best QB in Program history but I don't how you can call him durable. Maybe I misremembered about 2017 but if he didn't miss a game it was bc the Hurricane screwed up the schedule & gave him more time. I remember the constant worry of him starting the next game bc of the bad ankle and other issues that he dealed with every season for 3 years. For a QB that operates better away from the traditional pocket with mobility it is a big deal. Compare that with Bortles for example whose durability looking back to his UCF days and into the NFL was his biggest strength, he took massive hits in Jacksonville and kept getting up & never missed time.

it's a touchy subject that I know gets people really defensive but that was his 1 weakness.

KZ is the best QB in Program history but I don't how you can call him durable. Maybe I misremembered about 2017 but if he didn't miss a game it was bc the Hurricane screwed up the schedule & gave him more time. I remember the constant worry of him starting the next game bc of the bad ankle and other issues that he dealed with every season for 3 years. For a QB that operates better away from the traditional pocket with mobility it is a big deal. Compare that with Bortles for example whose durability looking back to his UCF days and into the NFL was his biggest strength, he took massive hits in Jacksonville and kept getting up & never missed time.

it's a touchy subject that I know gets people really defensive but that was his 1 weakness.
Brees had durability issues and he's lasted pretty long I would say. Baker is pretty small. I get what your saying but I wouldn't have written off Milton as too small for the league without him even getting a chance first. If so, every QB in college under 6'4 might as well give up hope since measurable were the only thing that meant anything. Big QB's like Cam Newton get injured and smaller thinner QB's have long careers, its just the luck of the draw but they all should at least get a chance first.

Big QB's like Cam Newton get injured and smaller thinner QB's have long careers, its just the luck of the draw but they all should at least get a chance first.

Cam Newton is the most hit QB in the league. He had 50% more hits than the 2nd place QB, Russell Wilson. Smaller QB would be out of the league with his playing style.

Milton's accuracy is not at Drew Brees level, Gabriel has shown to have better deep ball accuracy as a freshman. He needs his mobility to create plays, and he would need it in the NFL to see passing lanes. Even if Milton became healthy he's now a backup and maybe could play in Canada after college. That's the honest look at the situation.

Reactions: KnightofCamelot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT