ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you guys do much fishing?

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Some guys up here caught a 78 pound blue catfish and a couple of 46 pound flathead catfish in a sandpit a few days ago. Cant say that I've ever had luck quite like that in a single trip.

Reactions: btbones
What do you guys catch down there? I've never gone in Florida.

I stick to the flats so we catch mostly snook, trout, redfish, with other assorted species sprinkled in. Those are the main inshore game fish unless you’re going out in tarpon season.

Offshore you can catch pretty much anything. Hardly ever go offshore

I stick to the flats so we catch mostly snook, trout, redfish, with other assorted species sprinkled in. Those are the main inshore game fish unless you’re going out in tarpon season.

Offshore you can catch pretty much anything. Hardly ever go offshore

I've only ever been offshore fishing once. Didn't find it all that fun other than I caught a 40" barracuda. That was pretty cool.

Of the fish you named, the only ones we have here are trout and that's pretty few and far between. Probably only 1 or 2 lakes or rivers you can find them.

I’m a flats guy too . Our trout are sea trout . A little different than yours out there but delicious fresh . Redfish is my favorite to target for sure . Info offshore a few times a year normally if everything lines up

I’m a flats guy too . Our trout are sea trout . A little different than yours out there but delicious fresh . Redfish is my favorite to target for sure . Info offshore a few times a year normally if everything lines up

We have rainbows, brown, and a few lake trout but I've never caught any. We normally go for cats, walleye (in lakes), and sunfish. Catch a lot of carp unfortunately but they're still fun to reel in. There are a few places that we get into pike and perch but the water here is generally too warm.

Used to do offshore with my dad but now I'm inshore. I try to get out a few times a month. I use cheap stuff though so I don't know what I'm doing, right Fab?

Reactions: fabknight
Some guys up here caught a 78 pound blue catfish and a couple of 46 pound flathead catfish in a sandpit a few days ago. Cant say that I've ever had luck quite like that in a single trip.

With a pole or their hands?

Sitting around waiting all day for the opportunity to torture a defenseless animal is so much fun.

I don’t have the patience for fishing. Just sitting and waiting. I’ve been on chartered deep-sea trips and also a few times in the flats on the east coast of FL. Just not my cup of tea.

My dad, on the other hand, is a huge fisherman. He can catch, cook and eat just about anything and is one of “those” fishermen where he refuses to stop fishing until he catches something, if only to throw it back.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I don’t have the patience for fishing. Just sitting and waiting. I’ve been on chartered deep-sea trips and also a few times in the flats on the east coast of FL. Just not my cup of tea.

My dad, on the other hand, is a huge fisherman. He can catch, cook and eat just about anything and is one of “those” fishermen where he refuses to stop fishing until he catches something, if only to throw it back.

That’s how I love inshore fishing. If it’s slow you still get to take in the great scenery and other life out there on the barrier islands.

Or, drink beer

So all the shit you eat is alive until you bite into it amirite ?
gn5I2vZ.gif

Reactions: NinjaKnight
i used to go with my dad back in high school but dont really fish anymore. my dad likes to go gigging now and loves it. my uncle just moved back and bought an off shore boat. Im sure I'll get to go with him soon enough. last time i went off shore with my dad and uncle i caught a 13lb dolphin so it was good. cant wait to go again.

i used to go with my dad back in high school but dont really fish anymore. my dad likes to go gigging now and loves it. my uncle just moved back and bought an off shore boat. Im sure I'll get to go with him soon enough. last time i went off shore with my dad and uncle i caught a 13lb dolphin so it was good. cant wait to go again.

I was watching a fishing show this weekend and it was the first time I'd ever heard of Dolphin fishing, and I kept thinking I was not hearing them correctly. Never knew that there was a fish called a dolphin. Let's just say I was relieved to see them not reeling in Flipper.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT