ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

Yes, that is well understood. Every study and real statistics show that this is extremely rare.
Where do the statistics come from?

Until cellphone videos started popping up to show cringe-worthy examples of blatant racism (by the general public as well as police), we were told that this really doesn't happen -- or if it does it's "extremely rare." Says who?

If a police officer in Georgia can call on a mother to inform her that her son, Ahmaud Arbery, was killed -- and then lie to her by saying it happened inside a house during the commission of a burglary -- are you surprised that the Black Community in this country and their supporters are fed up with this kind of institutionalized, blatantly racist, bullshit?

Where do the statistics come from?

Until cellphone videos started popping up to show cringe-worthy examples of blatant racism (by the general public as well as police), we were told that this really doesn't happen -- or if it does it's "extremely rare." Says who?

If a police officer in Georgia can call on a mother to inform her that her son, Ahmaud Arbery, was killed -- and then lie to her by saying it happened inside a house during the commission of a burglary -- are you surprised that the Black Community in this country and their supporters are fed up with this kind of institutionalized, blatantly racist, bullshit?
And yet a multitude of cellphone videos of incidents are not even close to representative of what actually happens. We had a cellphone video on Michael Brown and yet people still lied about Hands Up Don’t Shoot and ignored the fact that he violently attacked an officer who’s only offense was to ask him to get out of the middle of the street for his own safety.

I hadn’t seen the report that someone lied to Arbery. Can you link a report?

And yet a multitude of cellphone videos of incidents are not even close to representative of what actually happens. We had a cellphone video on Michael Brown and yet people still lied about Hands Up Don’t Shoot and ignored the fact that he violently attacked an officer who’s only offense was to ask him to get out of the middle of the street for his own safety.

THere is no video of the Michael Brown shooting (that I am aware), there is a video from right after when he is already shot.

I couldn't locate the news report I originally read but I found this one from Fox News so you can trust it to be fair and balanced. :)

From the article:
"Cooper-Jones said a detective initially contacted her, saying that Arbery had been involved in a burglary and that the homeowner confronted him and shot him after a tussle. She told Fox News she believed the story at the time because she didn't think the investigators had a reason to lie."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-arbery-mother-georgia-officials-would-have-covered-up-murder

I couldn't locate the news report I originally read but I found this one from Fox News so you can trust it to be fair and balanced. :)

From the article:
"Cooper-Jones said a detective initially contacted her, saying that Arbery had been involved in a burglary and that the homeowner confronted him and shot him after a tussle. She told Fox News she believed the story at the time because she didn't think the investigators had a reason to lie."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-arbery-mother-georgia-officials-would-have-covered-up-murder
If we want to give them the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that the officer that contacted her didn't have the right information or that maybe he conveyed that someone thought he was a burglar and Mom interpreted it. But I'm not sure that particular department has earned the benefit of the doubt.

THere is no video of the Michael Brown shooting (that I am aware), there is a video from right after when he is already shot.
There is no direct video of the shooting but the video that got everyone up in arms was the video of the onlooker's reactions where you can hear the gunshots.

You had a 16-yr old girl killed in a drive-by in Central Florida recently. She was shot with 7.62 rounds that blew out her back and threw her into a ditch. She was a completely innocent victim of senseless violence. The community knows exactly who shot her but they aren’t talking to police. No one has been arrested for this heinous crime. No one probably will be arrested for this crime unless someone in the community does the right thing.

Where are the news stories about this poor innocent girl’s death? Where are the marches to get people to do the right thing and provide evidence to put the killers in jail? Where is BLM on this? Where are you people on the board that want to pass off all your problems on a faceless system or white privilege?

I know where the police where when this happened. They were the ones trying to find this girl when she was missing. They were the ones that had to see the horrendous violence perpetuated upon an innocent black girl. They were the ones that had to counsel a distraught mother and, later, her father who was trying to move her and her brother to a different neighborhood. They were the ones that were basically helpless because this was yet another action in a string of violence against black people in the area by people that couldn’t give a shit about black lives.

And to throw sand in the wound, the same people who wouldn’t help the police get justice for this innocent 16 year old that they knew or were actually related to marched over the weekend for a man they didn’t know and knew almost nothing about. So tell me again about how much black lives matter.

So you mad at the
There were a total of 9 unarmed black people killed by police in all of 2019. Nine. There were 18 people killed in Chicago on Sunday alone - one single day - in which 100% of the victims were black. You are trying to paint a picture of equal offense that does not exist.
Im not comparing either. You are so stuck on your "narrative" that you missed my point. People want a police force that "serves and protects" us from bad guys. If we allow the "bad apples" to go unchecked then our police department will become corrupt all together. These protest are simply trying to ensure that the standards are kept high for the guys who protect us from thugs and solve the "black on black" murders you are so concerned about. I've made my point. If you want to keep spitting your talking points given to you by Faux news then go ahead buddy.W funny is that cops kill more white people than black people. So you BENEFIT from the goal of these protests as well.

Last edited:
So you mad at the

Im not comparing either. You are so stuck on your "narrative" that you missed my point. People want a police force that "serves and protects" us from bad guys. If we allow the "bad apples" to go unchecked then our police department will become corrupt all together. These protest are simply trying to ensure that the standards are kept high for the guys who protect us from thugs and solved the "black on black" murders you are so concerned about. Ive made my point. If you want to keep spiting your talking points given to you by Faux news then go ahead buddy Whats funny is that cops kill more white people than black people. So you BENEFIT from the goal of these protests as well.

This is honestly incoherent rambling.

Reactions: UCFWayne
They overwhelmingly do, every single day. Do you dispute this?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the millions of people who have been protesting in cities all across our country since George Floyd's videotaped murder are disputing this.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the millions of people who have been protesting in cities all across our country since George Floyd's videotaped murder are disputing this.
I think that there's been enough video showing right now that a good percentage of those people couldn't tell you within 2 orders of magnitude the number of unarmed black men are killed by cops. Nor can they give you any of the statistics of how many police interactions there are, how many interactions are contentiousness, anything other than the mantras they are fed by the traditional media, community activists, and trending social media.

a good percentage of those people couldn't tell you within 2 orders of magnitude the number of unarmed black men are killed by cops. Nor can they give you any of the statistics of how many police interactions there are....
But they can see cellphone videotape of Eric Garner dying during a police arrest -- with no police officer ever begin charged and George Floyd dying while a police officer kneels on his neck -- and then days of rioting go by -- before it was deemed 'arrest worthy.' (Remind us all again how these things take time.)

When people see this, and countless other documents examples of injustice, all the stats in the world you throw at them isn't going to change their opinion of what they've seen.

But they can see cellphone videotape of Eric Garner dying during a police arrest -- with no police officer ever begin charged and George Floyd dying while a police officer kneels on his neck -- and then days of rioting go by -- before it was deemed 'arrest worthy.' (Remind us all again how these things take time.)

When people see this, and countless other documents examples of injustice, all the stats in the world you throw at them isn't going to change their opinion of what they've seen.
Let me explain this in another way. People all over the country who do nothing when innocent people in their communities are murdered every day, people they know, people they go to school with, people they coach, or teach, or play with, and they say nothing to police to help catch their killers and they don’t protest that far more frequent violence. But then those same people go out and protest for a convicted violent felon who battled with police while having multiple illegal drugs in his system and died from a cardiac episode suffered while he was being restrained. Or Eric Garner who also died from a cardiac event while police were enforcing stupid laws passed by idiot Democratic legislations. These very rare incidents with people who largely are doing the wrong thing are the rationale for a national campaign of violent protest but their own innocent children don’t even move the needle.

Reactions: humanjerk
These very rare incidents with people who largely are doing the wrong thing are the rationale for a national campaign of violent protest ....
The 'violent' part of the protest occurred when days went by without anyone being charged in Floyd's death.

If you honestly believe this is all because of a few "very rare incidents with people who are largely doing wrong things," you must be flabbergasted at how effectively the MSM was able to fool folks and get everyone so damn riled up, huh?*

The 'violent' part of the protest occurred when days went by without anyone being charged in Floyd's death.

If you honestly believe this is all because of a few "very rare incidents with people who are largely doing wrong things," you must be flabbergasted at how effectively the MSM was able to fool folks and get everyone so damn riled up, huh?*

"Days went by". SMH at how disingenuous you are about this.

Reactions: UCFWayne
"Days went by". SMH at how disingenuous you are about this.
Days DID go by before an arrest. Your point?
But then those same people go out and protest for a convicted violent felon who battled with police while having multiple illegal drugs in his system and died from a cardiac episode suffered while he was being restrained.
You want people to take you seriously when you post self-serving drivel like this??!?!

Since he was a former felon with drugs in his system, he deserved to die for a counterfeit 20 dollar bill??!?

He "battled" with police???! The only struggle I observed on that 9 minute video was Floyd struggling to breathe and crying out for help (and being ignored) and calling for his dead mother (before he lost consciousness).

Died of cardiac arrest? Thank goodness an officer's knee pressing down on his neck didn't have anything to do with it, right?*

Last edited:
Days DID go by before an arrest. Your point?
You want people to take you seriously when you post self-serving drivel like this??!?!

Since he was a former felon with drugs in his system, he deserved to die for a counterfeit 20 dollar bill??!?

He "battled" with police???! The only struggle I observed on that 9 minute video was Floyd struggling to breathe and crying out for help (and being ignored) and calling for his dead mother (before he lost consciousness).

Died of cardiac arrest? Thank goodness an officer's knee pressing down on his neck didn't have anything to do with it, right?*
You are the most indignant willfully ignorant person on this board. I didn’t say that he died of a cardiac event, that was the ME. You can clearly see him resisting arrest in all of the other videos that were released that you choose to ignore because they might burst your bubble. He didn’t die for a $20 bill. He died because he chose to go on a drug binge, commit a crime, battle with the police, and then some questionable things happened with the restraint. Might have been manslaughter. Might have died of the meth and fentanyl and morphine in his system. Probably combination of both. But you absolutely ignore that if he doesn’t go on a drug binge, doesn’t commit a crime, just gets in the police car when they rightfully try to arrest then there would’ve been no restraint on the side of the road. You act like he had nothing to do with the incident and none of it matters. Yet another instance of your soft racism.

Then you defend people that use his death to try to tear apart the fabric of America based upon lies. And you gaslight everyone that disagrees with you.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I think @UCFKnight85 has been right about you all along. Good day sir.

You are the most indignant willfully ignorant person on this board.
... You can clearly see him resisting arrest in all of the other videos that were released that you choose to ignore because they might burst your bubble.
Clearly seeing him resisting arrest? I saw some kind of struggle inside the police car but the windows were tinted and no footage from the cops' videos have been released to the public.

Outside of the vehicle I saw no struggle. And the funny thing is: He was alive and talking outside on the ground with three cops on top of his handcuffed body face-down in the street with a cop's knee pressed down on his neck for nine minutes. Please tell us again who is the one here whose being willfully ignorant in this discussion?
You act like he had nothing to do with the incident and none of it matters. Yet another instance of your soft racism.
LOL--You basically tell us that this Black man was responsible for his own death and shrug off what those white officers did on videotape as irrelevant -- and I'M somehow the racist one??!?
you defend people that use his death to try to tear apart the fabric of America based upon lies.
Lies???!? From whom pray tell?
  • We didn't really see a cop press his knee down on Floyd's neck until two minutes after he passed out?
  • Eric Garner didn't die while a gang of cops were tackling him for 'resisting arrest' for selling smokes illegally? And remind me, were any of those cops charged with anything?
  • Oh, and let's not forget the Black jogger, Ahmaud Arbery. His mother wasn't told by the police that he died during a struggle while committing a burglary? THAT wasn't a lie?
If you're so worried about the very fabric of America being torn apart, maybe you should take a little harder look at the people you're defending. Last week a group of Buffalo special force police in riot gear pushed a 75 year old man who fell to the ground and suffered serious injuries.

Did the officers help him? No, they stepped over him. And when the two thugs were charged with assault, the entire team of cops CHEERED them leaving the courthouse and they all resigned from their special forces team (but remained cops of course.) Explain to us why they are supporting two officers who assaulted an old man.

The entire Buffalo special forces team is there to protect us? Seems like they have a strange way of showing it, don't you think?

Last edited:
Let me explain this in another way. People all over the country who do nothing when innocent people in their communities are murdered every day, people they know, people they go to school with, people they coach, or teach, or play with, and they say nothing to police to help catch their killers and they don’t protest that far more frequent violence. But then those same people go out and protest for a convicted violent felon who battled with police while having multiple illegal drugs in his system and died from a cardiac episode suffered while he was being restrained. Or Eric Garner who also died from a cardiac event while police were enforcing stupid laws passed by idiot Democratic legislations. These very rare incidents with people who largely are doing the wrong thing are the rationale for a national campaign of violent protest but their own innocent children don’t even move the needle.

Fact - Floyd was already HANDCUFFED when he was in the back of the car. So he "fought" 3 cops with his hands cuffed behind his back and they pulled him out of the car..rather than simply closing the door to the CAGE and kneeled on him for 8min and 46 secs.

Fact - Floyd was already HANDCUFFED when he was in the back of the car. So he "fought" 3 cops with his hands cuffed behind his back and they pulled him out of the car..rather than simply closing the door to the CAGE and kneeled on him for 8min and 46 secs.
Yes. That is a fact. Do you know what he was doing in the car? Was he banging his head on the cage? He had contusions and abrasions on his face. They can’t just let him bang his head until he kills himself. If that’s the case, they have to pull him back out.

The 8:46 is questionable as hell as is them engaging with the crowd rather than closely monitoring Floyd’s condition needs to be answered for. As does the question of when they called FD and what the policy on that is. The trial will bring all of the evidence out and then we’ll see what the whole story is and see the expert and direct testimony. I said it before and I’ll say it one last time. I think this was manslaughter for the two senior officers because of their lack of responsiveness to his medical condition. I think the two rookies are in a very hard place and it’s hard to say that someone on day 4 is as culpable in this situation.

Yes. That is a fact. Do you know what he was doing in the car? Was he banging his head on the cage? He had contusions and abrasions on his face. They can’t just let him bang his head until he kills himself.
Excellent point, sk8!

They pulled Floyd out of the car and choked him to death for his own safety.

Ironic looking back, the same people whining about "muh patriotism" in a just a couple short years flipped to actively supporting terrorists who attempted to overthrow Americas democratically held election.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Ironic looking back, the same people whining about "muh patriotism" in a just a couple short years flipped to actively supporting terrorists who attempted to overthrow Americas democratically held election.
I think "overthrow" is a bit of an exaggeration... I wasn't there, but from what I saw on TV, it looked like a bunch of idiots trying to make a statement of protest, selecting a very poor method / location.

I think "overthrow" is a bit of an exaggeration... I wasn't there, but from what I saw on TV, it looked like a bunch of idiots trying to make a statement of protest, selecting a very poor method / location.
Heeeeellloooooo. Have you been paying ANY attention to the Select Committee hearings?

The hearings have made it crystal clear: It. was. a. planned. coup.

Was it stupid? You bet! Was it poorly conceived? Absolutely, it was an attempt by the President and his lackies to find some legality to justify a coup.

Did it have the potential of throwing our country into a constitutional crisis if Trump had been able to strong-arm his Veep? YES. That's why these hearings are important. Our democracy cannot ever become this vulnerable again.

Heeeeellloooooo. Have you been paying ANY attention to the Select Committee hearings?

No - I have real things to focus on.

images

Remember, the media wants your attention for ratings to generate ad $.

No - I have real things to focus on. Remember, the media wants your attention for ratings to generate ad $.
Yeah, this ISN'T a REAL thing. This is all about the evil, left-wing "media" trying to get ratings by pushing a partisan witch hunt in our faces, right UCFloridaTech?

The funny thing about this "media" business is that the hearings they've been covering have focused EXCLUSIVELY on sworn testimony from Trump's own inside people.

If you don't give a sh*t about our democracy, that's fine. But then spare us your sanctimonious bullsh*t.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Yeah, this ISN'T a REAL thing. This is all about the evil, left-wing "media" trying to get ratings by pushing a partisan witch hunt in our faces, right UCFloridaTech?

The funny thing about this "media" business is that the hearings they've been covering have focused EXCLUSIVELY on sworn testimony from Trump's own inside people.

If you don't give a sh*t about our democracy, that's fine. But then spare us your sanctimonious bullsh*t.
Don't know what that cult member posted, but I'm guessing he hasn't gotten any smarter.

... But good news, Lebron James is lecturing Drew Brees on twitter for not kneeling.
^^^ This is pretty much the entire problem.

remember folks, the left is intolerant.
Indeed. It's not about what you intended ... but about what others say you intended. It will net you, at a minimum, a good destruction of much of your livelihood, and at worst, jail time for bigotry.

Take the most religious conservatives sub-sect at their worst in history ... and you now have the left, as standard issue. Liberals are dead.

I don't think you comprehended the graphic - important, maybe, can I control it, nope (at least not at this time)... So I'm allocating my limited time elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
Don't know what that cult member posted, but I'm guessing he hasn't gotten any smarter.
I guess this individual doesn't enjoy engaging in debate with actual content?

I hope everyone can leave their emotions out of a conversation - regardless if what you read aligns with your philosophies/beliefs or not - and instead provide thoughtful content for or against.

• Love
I don't think you comprehended the graphic - important, maybe, can I control it, nope (at least not at this time)... So I'm allocating my limited time elsewhere.
Unless I'm blind, I could've sworn your response to my post was a diagram with a circle that said "things that matter" implying that damning evidence regarding the former President's attempted coup wasn't one of them.

I find it noteworthy that we can't get even one of our board's resident Trumpsters to admit their boy tried all kinds of crackpot schemes to thwart our democracy and stay in office. You'd THINK at this point that most Americans, even diehard Republicans, would look at the evidence and say, "Yeah, Trump deliberately tried to thwart the will of the people to stay in power." All the people involved knew that having Pence invalidate the EC vote was wrong -- and stated on record that they sure as hell wouldn't have wanted Al Gore to have pulled such a crazy stunt when he lost to GWB -- but since it was 2020, it was okay if it kept Trump in power.

But have we seen any of that here? NOOOO, for some bizarre reason, our Trumpster crowd have continued the charade with remarks like "old news," "another partisan witch hunt" or, my favorite, "These hearings are taking valuable time that SHOULD be devoting to stopping inflation" -- as if Congress (which hasn't done diddily-squat for years) can come together to tackle that bear.

Unless I'm blind, I could've sworn your response to my post was a diagram with a circle that said "things that matter" implying that damning evidence regarding the former President's attempted coup wasn't one of them.

Take another look... It's a concentric circle diagram... Where the 2 overlap is where your focus should be applied... Very powerful philosophy, we all should consider.

• Love
Take another look... It's a concentric circle diagram... Where the 2 overlap is where your focus should be applied... Very powerful philosophy, we all should consider.
Cut the crap: You didn't post it in isolation as a 'powerful philosophy we should all consider.' It was a direct response to my post. Hell, you quoted me for crying out loud.

As you requested, I 'took another look.' In response to my question about whether people were paying attention to the select committee's findings, you said: -------> No - I have real things to focus on.

So an attempt to throw our country into a Constitutional crisis wasn't a real thing? If that's what you believe, then own it.

Cut the crap: You didn't post it in isolation as a 'powerful philosophy we should all consider.' It was a direct response to my post. Hell, you quoted me for crying out loud.

As you requested, I 'took another look.' In response to my question about whether people were paying attention to the select committee's findings, you said: -------> No - I have real things to focus on.

So an attempt to throw our country into a Constitutional crisis wasn't a real thing? If that's what you believe, then own it.
lol good luck using facts and logic on legitimate cult members. This dude would be chugging flavor-aid in jonestown if he was any dumber.

• Haha
Reactions: UCFloridaTech

I'll try one more time.... Put the emotions on ice and read this with a calm/open mind:

The word "focus" is the key term...

A. Things that Matter
B. Things you can Control

If a subject does not meet both criteria, I move on to another / higher priority... I put "focus" there.

Apply that logic to your initial question, when you reach the conclusion that you can't control the outcome of what you watch on TV, you may understand why some people choose to allocate their time elsewhere.

#ChargeOn - Enjoy the weekend everyone! ...I'll check in later on.

I'll try one more time.... Put the emotions on ice and read this with a calm/open mind: The word "focus" is the key term...

A. Things that Matter
B. Things you can Control

If a subject does not meet both criteria, I move on to another / higher priority... I put "focus" there.
My 'focus' was on your words: No, I have real things to focus on. That's fine. To each his own.

For what it's worth, I've yet to come across any diehard Trumpsters who've had the balls to step up and confess they'd been duped. It's far easier to enter a calm, Zen-like state of meditation and begin slowly chanting over and over 'it's not a real thing, it's not a real thing, it's not a real thing,' ....

and then ignore it.

• Haha
Reactions: UCFloridaTech
For what it's worth, I've yet to come across any diehard Trumpsters who've had the balls to step up and confess they'd been duped.
I can see some Trumpster posters here reading my post above and thinking to themselves, Yeah, of course Shuck would say that -- I'd love to see that smug A-hole show HE HAD THE BALLS to admit he was duped if the roles had been reversed.

Truth is, it did happen to me. Back in the day, I twice voted for George W Bush for President and was a staunch supporter of him and his Administration until I learned we had invaded another country -- and literally kicked over the beehive that was the Middle East -- based on a lie. Unlike what we were told, Saddam DIDN'T have 'tons of WMDs' targeted on us. Those weapons of war that spurred us to act didn't actually exist. Not only did I feel duped for having supported our war effort, I felt betrayed.

Trust me, it won't be nearly as hard to admit you were duped as you might think. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT