ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone concerned about our low number of recruits compared to others in AAC?

We are in a more competitive recruiting ground and we are going up against P5 schools for each player. The recruits are going to weigh all of there options. Should be another wave of recruits coming in the next couple weeks. I'll make another "horrible recruiting" thread.

Cincy, Houston and Temple all are just taking anyone at this point.

Cincy is going to have a LOT of decommits/flips, they have some real good kids who they probably pressured into committing that bigger schools (Like Ohio State, Oklahoma etc) are going to come after hard soon.
Not a huge fan of rivals rankings. 247 has more realistic ones that update more. Think we are 4th for 247

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=AAC

Looks like we slipped down a few since i last checked. But if you look at size of classes, we have about 1/2 of most of these schools in numbers, but our composite score is only a tiny bit behind. A good 3 stars will add about 10 to 15 points to composite, 2 star adds maybe 5. So figure if you double our numbers to roughly 18 commits, we are way better in quality than any other teams besides cincy.

We are in a more competitive recruiting ground and we are going up against P5 schools for each player. The recruits are going to weigh all of there options. Should be another wave of recruits coming in the next couple weeks. I'll make another "horrible recruiting" thread.

Houston always seems to rack up numbers early.

Maybe Texas kids provide less drama in the recruiting process compared to the Florida guys?

Temple is not bringing in quality

Did Frost say how many he plans on bringing in this year?
I remember after last year, he said he plans to bring in 22-23 each period, then reserve 2-3 spots for transfers/juco or late commits after NSD.
Keep in mind Bacote and Trysten Hill were late additions to 2016 etc.

Just got our 10th recruit. Right on schedule with last season :) 10 by July, 15 by Dec and 22 by Feb. With the way our program is rolling, its better to have more spots at the end to get those 3 and 4 star players who would rather have a big impact in our program than be small potatoes in a larger program.

Did we not just lose a few recruits that went to P5 programs?

Did we not just lose a few recruits that went to P5 programs?
Nope, DB from Ocala is not committed anywhere, he jumped the gun apparently and got excited and committed. The LB we lost was because we dont want kids taking visits (official visits) and he didnt like it.

[
Nope, DB from Ocala is not committed anywhere, he jumped the gun apparently and got excited and committed. The LB we lost was because we dont want kids taking visits (official visits) and he didnt like it.

We did have at least one decommit because he was getting interest from big programs. If that is what you mean by jumping the gun it amounts to the same thing in my mind.

Just got our 10th recruit. Right on schedule with last season :) 10 by July, 15 by Dec and 22 by Feb. With the way our program is rolling, its better to have more spots at the end to get those 3 and 4 star players who would rather have a big impact in our program than be small potatoes in a larger program.
Signing day is earlier this year. Have to have people locked up by December.

Scott told me that we don't really compete with AAC teams for recruits. We are at a higher level.

So, I'm not worried at all. 5-10 commits seems on par at this point in the season.

Reactions: Miltonian
Scott told me that we don't really compete with AAC teams for recruits. We are at a higher level.

So, I'm not worried at all. 5-10 commits seems on par at this point in the season.
And we always seem to have extras in the wings in case things dont work out.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Signing day is earlier this year. Have to have people locked up by December.

It will be interesting to see how this works out this december. The upper P5s usually overcommit. They accept commits from kids they only intend to sign if some they lose some of their prized commits. What happens in December when one of these "backups" wants to sign, but the 5* kids don't? This is why Saban and the like hate the early signing period. Now when they ask a kid on signing day to take a yellow/brown/grey/whatever shirt (or risk ending up at marshall), they have 2+ months to reopen their search, instead of being forced to just take it.

ADVERTISEMENT