ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone hear how practice went? Specifically, D-Mack leading the offense and Passing?

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
LSU pass rush will be relentless, he won’t have all day to throw like he did against Memphis.

He was under a lot of pressure though which is why he was only 16 for 35 passing. Fortunately, his scrambling ability is what won the game for us.
He missed easy throws he normally makes. Missed 2 wide open guys for touchdowns in the first half. Settled down in the second.

Reactions: UCFan9906
I believe the outcome of this game will depend on whether or not he can make the necessary throws. There’s not enough evidence as to either. Therefore, this game is a complete crapshoot IMO
Was talking about Milton in the Peach.

Oh. Sorry. Yeah, we could have beaten them by 7-14 more points of it wasn’t for that
Plus the 2 missed field goals (one blocked) from normally automatic Matt Wright and a phantom penalty right before one of those that negated a first and goal at the 5. Really should have blown Auburn out. In both NY6 bowls UCF was clearly the better team.

Plus the 2 missed field goals (one blocked) from normally automatic Matt Wright and a phantom penalty right before one of those that negated a first and goal at the 5. Really should have blown Auburn out. In both NY6 bowls UCF was clearly the better team.
I’m both games, the QB play was the difference. Not a shocker

He was under a lot of pressure though which is why he was only 16 for 35 passing. Fortunately, his scrambling ability is what won the game for us.
Milton is GREAT AND Knights win together! Fortunately Milton, Jasenski, Griffin, MAC ..... and many more are what we are.

CHARGE ON!!!

Last edited:
LSU averages 2.43 sacks per game
Memphis averages 2.69 sacks per game

LSU averages 6.3 tackles for loss a game
Memphis averages 7.7 tackles for loss a game

Even if Memphis' overall defense is shoddy they do have good D-line play. I expect they will try to pressure Mack but our O-line has been good all year.

LSU averages 2.43 sacks per game
Memphis averages 2.69 sacks per game

LSU averages 6.3 tackles for loss a game
Memphis averages 7.7 tackles for loss a game

Even if Memphis' overall defense is shoddy they do have good D-line play. I expect they will try to pressure Mack but our O-line has been good all year.
I think both Cincy and Memphis game gave us just as much as LSU is going to bring on D.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Milton is the king of making something when forced out of the pocket and so the rush was not as extreme. My guess is that they come hard for DJ and test his ability to react quickly

Milton is the king of making something when forced out of the pocket and so the rush was not as extreme. My guess is that they come hard for DJ and test his ability to react quickly
Which is why we will have a lot of running plays and quick passes. Don't expect many downfield passes in the first half. Expect more Mack running plays. Having said this I realize it's going to be tempting to go after the LSU secondary :)

This is a picture of Mack's new endzone celebration caught by a drone flying over the practice field...

giphy.gif

He needs to stop doing that in the endzone. Take that to the sidelines. If he gets a penalty after a score in a close game, it could cost us a game.
I also don't like rehersed or purposeful celebrations. It's just a distraction. That said, I wouldn't stop players from having their fun unless we're asking for a penalty. And I assume it won't take much to receive a penalty in our next game.

Reactions: AAC6800
I also don't like rehersed or purposeful celebrations. It's just a distraction. That said, I wouldn't stop players from having their fun unless we're asking for a penalty. And I assume it won't take much to receive a penalty in our next game.
As the home team shouldn’t we bring our refs to this game?

This is definitely the most cocky that we’ve been for a NY6 bowl game. Doubt Memphis and Cincinnati have a better defensive line than LSU.
You don't land the girl unless you act like you belong there. See nothing wrong with continuing to act like we belong there. The UCF boat has pushed off the dock of quality losses, thank God!

This is definitely the most cocky that we’ve been for a NY6 bowl game. Doubt Memphis and Cincinnati have a better defensive line than LSU.

Yeah...honestly when we were gearing up to play Auburn I etched it as a loss in my head. I thought we could only pull off a victory by having a bunch of breaks go our way etc, so I was surprised we were basically toe to toe and didn't seem outmatched.

I have more confidence this time around but it's still an SEC line, which might not mean as much as some think, but still means something.

Reactions: Mikesi

We are playing with the house's money. Win and the streak is intact for 9 more months and the internet trash talk that comes with it. Lose and we have a chip on our shoulder going into next year. More reps for Mack to be ready for the fall is all that matter right now. The last 2 NY6 bowls were the finale for those teams as the following year had a lot of uncertainty. With this team it's the beginning of the future.

If we lose, the worst anyone can say is "Yeah, that team that won 25 in a row? Total frauds." Umm, ok.

On the other hand....

If we win...

The rest of college football gets to hear the loudest, most obnoxious fan base ever for at least 9 more months. And they would TOTALLY deserve it.
Let’s keep this train rolling

If we win, we are going to be soooo obnoxious. Why shouldn’t we be with the way other team’s fans act towards us?

If we lose, it’s because we lost our starting QB who was 6th in the Heisman voting

Anyone that trolls a team that’s 25-1 is an idiot.

The only team that can even attempt to do that would be the team that wins the CFI

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior

You should be cautiously optimistic. You can definitely beat LSU. But every now and then they get there business in order and play over their heads.

Did you ever hear about them smelling like corn dogs? You should Google that one. It's been going on for years in the SEC. They HATE it when you bring that up. :)

ADVERTISEMENT