ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know what our Nike deal is worth?

I don't think our Nike deal is public, but it's rumored to be craptastic. Think USF's contract is much better. However, Coach Frost has Nike connections and its supposed (rumored) to be improving.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I don't think our Nike deal is public, but it's rumored to be craptastic. Think USF's contract is much better. However, Coach Frost has Nike connections and its supposed (rumored) to be improving.

Shouldn't be any less public than the other universities listed (Although recently the perception is they're very reluctant to release info as it relates to financial terms of deals, etc.). Not sure what the shroud of secrecy is for, unless they don't want to admit we've made some really dumb moves financially.

I sure hope that his tenure with Nike's flagship program has garnered some favor. Whether this results in better financial terms remains to be seen, but they're probably not going to flop out the checkbook for us if we're prone to monetary blunders.

I would guess it's not very good considering Nike had us by the balls thanks to Marcus Jordan. I'd love to see UCF go back to adidas, but it seems likes Frost is cozy with Phil Knight so hopefully we'll get a better deal with Nike this time around.

I would guess it's not very good considering Nike had us by the balls thanks to Marcus Jordan. I'd love to see UCF go back to adidas, but it seems likes Frost is cozy with Phil Knight so hopefully we'll get a better deal with Nike this time around.

Ah...wrong....as it was Todd Stansbury, in one of his last acts as AD, decided to NOT take UCF rights to the open market and basically agreed to just continue their current deal with NIKE...even though UCF had achieved program highs AFTER signing with Nike years ago (i.e. 2 ranked Top 20 football seasons, 3 straight bowl wins, Top 5 win in basketball...another Top 15 win in basketball...first ever Top 25 basketball rating, etc..).

Stansbury wanted to keep Nike happy...especially since he knew he was going to be a favorite to go back to Oregon State for their top spot (a HUGE Nike school too).

Adidas breaking their agreement with UCF after allowing Marcus to wear his custom-made Air Jordans was a good thing for UCF...as at that time...Nike offered a lot more equipment/gear/attire than what Adidas offered in the past.

However, Dr Hitt allowed then AD Stansbury to make the sole decision to just renew the Nike contract, even though UCF was clearly a much better and more VALUABLE athletic program vs what they were like when Adidas cancelled their agreement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT