ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone switching to Bing?

I use bing just for the bing rewards. I got a years worth of Xbox live for a few months of use. Not too shabby. If I'm really searching the internet for something, I'll use both bing and google anyways. Results tend to be different.

Nope.

And to EweSeaEff's point, that is not what the memo said. It wasn't that they can't find woman to hire because of biological reasons, it was that females shouldn't be in the role because of biological reasons.

It's an HR issue in any company.

Nope.

And to EweSeaEff's point, that is not what the memo said. It wasn't that they can't find woman to hire because of biological reasons, it was that females shouldn't be in the role because of biological reasons.

Here's my problem- what this guy said is somewhat dickish and probably takes liberties with "assumptions" about biology. I get that.

However, if a female Google employee had circulated an internal memo stating that females are intrinsically better suited for many jobs than men, would anyone have even blinked? The answer is no. They would have hailed her as a diversity warrior and some Woman's March organizer would have drowned her in praise.

That's the real issue that the guy who was fired DID have a point about- these NorCal tech companies all live within their own self fellating hyper PC, left wing bubble and don't tolerate views from outside that bubble. There are countless accounts of ex-tech workers who claim they were run out of their jobs for espousing even mild conservative views.

Google, Facebook, Uber....these have all become little more than extensions of the Nancy Pelosi district politics that they border.

Nope.

That's completely false. Please point out where you think he actually alluded to that.

Here's my problem- what this guy said is somewhat dickish and probably takes liberties with "assumptions" about biology. I get that.

However, if a female Google employee had circulated an internal memo stating that females are intrinsically better suited for many jobs than men, would anyone have even blinked? The answer is no. They would have hailed her as a diversity warrior and some Woman's March organizer would have drowned her in praise.

That's the real issue that the guy who was fired DID have a point about- these NorCal tech companies all live within their own self fellating hyper PC, left wing bubble and don't tolerate views from outside that bubble. There are countless accounts of ex-tech workers who claim they were run out of their jobs for espousing even mild conservative views.

Google, Facebook, Uber....these have all become little more than extensions of the Nancy Pelosi district politics that they border.
Awwwww... Poor white males. Always the victim.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170807120521.htm

In the largest functional brain imaging study to date, the Amen Clinics (Newport Beach, CA) compared 46,034 brain SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) imaging studies provided by nine clinics, quantifying differences between the brains of men and women. The study is published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.

Turns out there is a difference between mens and womens brains after all. I wonder if those differences lead to men and women choosing different career paths....

Reactions: fabknight
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170807120521.htm

In the largest functional brain imaging study to date, the Amen Clinics (Newport Beach, CA) compared 46,034 brain SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) imaging studies provided by nine clinics, quantifying differences between the brains of men and women. The study is published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.

Turns out there is a difference between mens and womens brains after all. I wonder if those differences lead to men and women choosing different career paths....

Holy shit. Just imagine the mass triggering in snowflake land when they realize these researchers used terms such as "gender-based differences", "men", and "women".

BIGOTS

Holy shit. Just imagine the mass triggering in snowflake land when they realize these researchers used terms such as "gender-based differences", "men", and "women".

BIGOTS
dy5859e3df.gif

California labor law and the courts will decide this. He has a case, and although I might have fired him as well, I have to agree that -- under California law -- he didn't even have to be right, to be protected from termination, under Google's own system that promotes these types of debates.

That said ...

You did see this, correct?
"Over half of Google employees polled say the web giant shouldn't have fired the engineer behind the controversial memo"
- http://www.businessinsider.com/many...nk-james-damore-should-have-been-fired-2017-8

One executive really f'd up, catering to a subset of women who really didn't want any such discussion at all -- which alone might be merit for his lawsuit (discrimination that his ideas cannot be heard) -- and that's not just my viewpoint. There are a lot of Google employees who -- like me -- might disagree with him, but don't believe he did anything that was against policy.

If anything, he utterly followed policy ... to the letter, and wanted to start a real debate about Google's horrendous statistics on women and minorities in general. I can actually see that, as much as I disagree with many of his theories and sources -- he made a concerted effort to make an argument ... with references no less.

So don't write off Google yet ... there will be some fallout from this, despite what the US Media proliferates. Especially since Google did nothing when it first came and, and did not feel it was in violation of their policies. It was a 'knee jerk' done by a single executive, force by threat from various, female employees ... and only after it went public.

Again ... we'll see. He has a case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT