ADVERTISEMENT

AOC was caught in a complete lie when describing how detainees were drinking water out of toilets

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
After Being Sworn In, AOC Repeated Accusation About Women Drinking Out of Toilets at Border Hearing

As we reported yesterday, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez demanded to be sworn in before giving testimony about what she saw when she visited border detention facilities. It was such an "unusual" request that even Democratic Chairman Elijah Cummings thought it slightly over the top. What's more, a congresswoman (or anyone else for that matter) testifying before a House Committee doesn't have to be sworn in; it's already illegal to lie in those circumstances.

There's only one reason why AOC wanted to take the oath: for dramatic effect. This wasn't meant to help anyone else; it was merely to raise her own profile. Sad. Pathetic. Ridiculous.

To make matters even worse, the radical New York congresswoman then proceeded to repeat her accusation:

"When these women tell me that they were put into a cell," she said, "and that their sink was not working, and we tested the sink ourselves and the sink was not working, and they were told to drink out of a toilet bowl -- I believed them."

There is one minor problem with that accusation: Border Patrol said in a statement that it is not true. The toilets in those centers are purposefully designed not to contain water. They only fill when they're flushed. AOC has to know this too, but she repeats this malicious accusation nonetheless and even pretends to believe the women who (supposedly, let's be honest about that too) told it to her.

There's no way around it: AOC is truly the single most despicable member of Congress. This woman will, literally, sell her own mother if doing so helps raises her profile. She truly is ruthless.

She is literally creating propaganda and lies to slander CBP and the Admin. Staging photos, creating false stories.

She is a total shitbag
Propaganda is a good word for what she is doing. The scary part is that a lot of millennials relate to her so they believe her crap.

And FWIW, I don't think she is smart enough to do this on her own. I wonder who her handler is that is making the calls on how to approach this stuff.

Reactions: UCFWayne
She is a product of what the political environment is today. Facts don’t matter. All politicians have lied, but what goes on today is at a completely different level.

And I say this as someone who disagrees with the majority of her stuff. She’s way out in left-field. But to fabricate stories, mislead, and bend an agenda from lies is something Trump has been doing since before he was elected. It works. So I can’t fault or say I’m surprised when younger tech savvy Dems do it too.

She is a product of what the political environment is today. Facts don’t matter. All politicians have lied, but what goes on today is at a completely different level.

And I say this as someone who disagrees with the majority of her stuff. She’s way out in left-field. But to fabricate stories, mislead, and bend an agenda from lies is something Trump has been doing since before he was elected. It works. So I can’t fault or say I’m surprised when younger tech savvy Dems do it too.

Can you share with me an instance of equivalence from Trump, on par with visiting a Federal Law enforcement building, claiming that CBP Agents are making women drink from toilets, claiming that they are all but torturing them, staging photos with scenes of crying to make it seem like she's looking at kids "in cages!", invoking the Third Reich to call these CBP Agents the equivalent of the SS running "concentration camps", and then doubling down on all of this when called out by most everyone for outright lying about everything she made up?

I get Trump lies and bullshits about stuff. I just can't recall him ever going to THIS length to literally fabricate propaganda.

Mind you, AOC's propaganda was directly referenced in the manifesto left behind by the left wing terrorist who just attempted to bomb an ICE center.

Can you share with me an instance of equivalence from Trump, on par with visiting a Federal Law enforcement building, claiming that CBP Agents are making women drink from toilets, claiming that they are all but torturing them, staging photos with scenes of crying to make it seem like she's looking at kids "in cages!", invoking the Third Reich to call these CBP Agents the equivalent of the SS running "concentration camps", and then doubling down on all of this when called out by most everyone for outright lying about everything she made up?

I get Trump lies and bullshits about stuff. I just can't recall him ever going to THIS length to literally fabricate propaganda.

Mind you, AOC's propaganda was directly referenced in the manifesto left behind by the left wing terrorist who just attempted to bomb an ICE center.
On your last point, you’re just proving the Trump-AOC sameness. That terrorist referenced AOC and the guys who roughed up Jussie Smollett referenced Trump. Way to prove his point.

This thread is lacking Progressive apologists. ;)

In all honestly, this thread is a perfect example of why I've found myself defending Conservatives the most. Conservatives find they can be critical of Trump. Progressives find they cannot be critical of AOC and Omar, and worse yet, anyone who is ... is labeled a 'racist.'

I'm getting it like made right now, and even some of my more moderate and classic Liberal friends have been telling me to just unfriend them, as even some of them are doing themselves.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
This thread is lacking Progressive apologists. ;)

In all honestly, this thread is a perfect example of why I've found myself defending Conservatives the most. Conservatives find they can be critical of Trump. Progressives find they cannot be critical of AOC and Omar, and worse yet, anyone who is ... is labeled a 'racist.'

I'm getting it like made right now, and even some of my more moderate and classic Liberal friends have been telling me to just unfriend them, as even some of them are doing themselves.
There's a recent article in the WaPo that asserts that Liberals are far more likely to unfriend people they disagree with on social media and in real life. There's more there but I've exceeded my free views at that rag so I can't post it.

There's a recent article in the WaPo that asserts that Liberals are far more likely to unfriend people they disagree with on social media and in real life. There's more there but I've exceeded my free views at that rag so I can't post it.
I finally started unfriending people today who wouldn't stop calling me racist, or repeatedly used the 'white privilege' comment without details, let alone refused to address my counters to their comments. It's amazing what passes as 'Trump's fault' these days.

Here was my post on Facebook announcing to my friends what to expect going forward ...

Expect an 'unfriend' if you
call me a 'racist' more than once.
Say 'insensitive' or 'white privilege'
if you must, but detail.

followed by (in comments)

If you are among the afoementioned, and really think I'm 'insensitive,' then detail it. I'll listen. But if you're just going to press the 'nuke button' more than once, forget it.

I'm finding a lot of my left-sided colleagues that are calling me racist are not only unable to detail anything, but when they start going off on things, and I counter with facts, they literally just fall back to the same labeling and stereotyping. I honestly feel I'm dealing with 3rd grader US News Media or, even worse, those doing little else than typing Social Media memes and related assumptions.

Don't shoot the Libertarian messenger. Progressives alienating people they disagree with is only making this worse. Stop, listen and recognize you are *not* talking to a Trump supporter, and I have not voted Republican since Dole '96 (might do the same for Biden '20 -- respect for a career politician, rare for me).

But understand the 2018+ Neo-Progressive movement is not the answer for Trump. In fact, it's raising more Republicans as a result. Let Trump hang himself in 2020, don't be hypocrites supporting Omar, AOC and anyone who 'hates' Trump.

Let's stop the hatred. And no, I'm sorry, females and 'people of color' can be criticized for their stances and comments, as long as it's 100% focused on the stances and comments, and not anything else.

That's not racism. That's just civics.

ADVERTISEMENT