ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll - UCF #10 before the bowls, with highest vote #4

I think they will probably fall out of the top 25, but still get votes. USF should move up 1-2 spots.

There is some very slight hope for a few #1 votes...but not much.

I emailed about a dozen voters who had UCF ranked #8 or better to see if they would entertain putting UCF #1. I only got three responses...all said they would likely put UCF into the Top 4...but not #1.

FYI...The Orlando Santinel's voter never even bothered to respond.

Our best hope for one #1 vote might be the Omaha World Herald voter who had us at #4.

Reactions: GoldenFunk
Thanks Square Knight. All we need is a couple. Maybe we can get a few in the coaches poll. Coaches probably appreciate an undefeated run more than anyone.

I will be shocked if voters place the team at #1 (or even # 2). However, I do think some voters will give UCF first place votes.

The final ranking will probably end up somewhere between 3 and 7. Not what most everyone wanted........but considering I expected the team to win 7-8 games, such a lofty ranking would still be amazing (keeping in mind where the team was just 2 years ago).

Having said this, I can see the following scenario(s) coming to life:

- USF dropped/not included in final top 25 for a bad win against a Texas Tech with a final losing record;

- Memphis dropped from the rankings altogether for a BAD loss against an average and disinterested Iowa State;

- UCF's win against Auburn being dismissed because it came against a team with 4 losses that had no interest in the game;

This of course means that, in the minds of voters, UCF was overrated and undeserving of a high ranking. Thus, the team drops to 20 or so in the final ranking.

Never know. AP is all about press, and with the season over may get a few #1's just because they want publicity. Probably dreaming but its a good thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT