ADVERTISEMENT

Are americans this dumb?

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
The media keeps pointing to covid as the the reason that Trump is going to lose. Are Americans dumb enough to blame the president for a virus that was foreign born, spread like all viruses do, and the only reason they didn't wear masks is because the president didn't force them to do so?

The election is still two weeks away, Crazyhole!

FMPMZ3ZIGFCE9KQ.SQUARE2.jpg

Two different doctors in my neighborhood with the exact same comments. None of them are for the quarantine for the healthy and see little point in the lockdown. One said you can't hide out a virus and also said the vaccines are not properly vetted which typically takes serial years with 4 stages of animal testing. The rNA vaccines is another iffy option if you want risk genetic co
Governors that have the authority to force lockdowns and mask wearing blame Trump for not doing the things they actually did, which didn't really do much in the grand scheme of things. Whitmer took the approach that she says Trump should have, but because he didn't, he's to blame for the deaths in Michigan? Last I checked he didn't stop her, so what exactly is his fault?

Two different doctors in my neighborhood with the exact same comments. None of them are for the quarantine for the healthy and see little point in the lockdown. One said you can't hide out a virus and also said the vaccines are not properly vetted which typically takes serial years with 4 stages of animal testing. The rNA vaccines is another iffy option if you want risk genetic co
Are healthy people quarantining somewhere?

This is a deliberately ignorant question. Every state has curtailed people’s activities to some extent or another. No one is able to do everything they would normally do. Some states are very restrictive and it’s damaging. You imply that people are free to do whatever they want or need to do when you ask this question.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
This is a deliberately ignorant question. Every state has curtailed people’s activities to some extent or another. No one is able to do everything they would normally do. Some states are very restrictive and it’s damaging. You imply that people are free to do whatever they want or need to do when you ask this question.
You guys act like we are the only people in the world going through this. We have WAY more freedoms than 95% of the developed world. Yet, still ye bitch.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Fine, if that's your play, then yes. Anyone who enters New Jersey from any one of 38 states and jurisdictions is subject to mandatory quarantine. Or enters any one of 18 other states.

Fine, if that's your play, then yes. Anyone who enters New Jersey from any one of 38 states and jurisdictions is subject to mandatory quarantine. Or enters any one of 18 other states.
You mean the voluntary self quarantine if you visit New Jersey from a state where Covid cases are rising? Is that what is being referenced? I thought you were talking about healthy people quarantined in their houses. You are talking about taking a voluntary action when traveling to a place from a place with poor case numbers because you may have the virus. But you are a smart person and already knew this of course.

Yes...when most states you can't go sporting events, concerts, gyms, etc that is a quarantine. No reason for it.
WTF?

First off, a quarantine is a place of isolation (you know, like one's home.) It is not a sporting event, a concert, or a gym.

Secondly, no reason for it? Heeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllloooooooo. We're in a f*king pandemic for crying out loud!!!!! The responses here from our resident Red Hats are getting crazier -- and stupider -- the closer we get to Trump's ouster order.

Last edited:
Here comes the beta response. "We are in a pandemic" that literally you need to have major underlying conditions. Unhealthy people need to quarantine.
Nobody is saying healthy people need to quarantine unless they've come into contact with someone with Covid.

With you people it's always the extremes. God forbid, you follow sensible safety guidelines and live your life as normally as possible under the conditions that exist.

So what if you're a carrier?
Listen carefully: If you are a carrier, You Stay The F*K Home.

If you don't, and attend a public gathering (you know, like the Barrett SCOTUS announcement at the WH), you could spread the bug to others. (In that particular case, it appears to have spread to 38 other people, including the President.)

are Americans this dumb?
I ask myself this very question every single time I see Trump on the campaign trail speaking to thousands of maskless idiots. One person was responsible for 38 people getting Covid -- with many of them hospitalized -- yet these morons seem oblivious to the notion that one single person (out of the thousands) that they come into contact over the course of the event could give them Covid.

It's the height of arrogance and stupidity.

And the president shook off the sniffles in his mid 70's and overweight in 2 days. Whippiedo

With world class healthcare and treatment not available to the general public, you are leaving that part out. And it wasnt 2 days.

Science doesn't back up that there should be any guidelines for the healthy. The numbers back that up. Nobody is dying (general statement) from just covid. If you're unhealthy with underlying conditions you shouldn't depend a cloth mask to protect you. You need to quarantine. Everyone else will build immunity like any other virus or wait for a vaccine that frankly is rushed.

You dont seem to understand that there are a lot of unhealthy people in this country in different regards. Most people can live a pretty normal life with things like asthma, diabetes, obesity, etc, but they are also much more prone to serious illness or death with certain illnesses, covid being one of them.

1). Literally the data coming out of the cdc. 94% have other conditions
2) death rates which would even be more microscopic if we actually quarantined the right people instead of giving them false hope that a cloth mask will keep them from getting it
3) 2 neighborhood doctors and another one involved in the athletic program.

One of them said the guidelines are fear driven vs Science driven.

Dude, this is like saying no one dies from a car crash, they die from the head trauma. Except it is leaving out that the car crash caused the head trauma.

Dude, this is like saying no one dies from a car crash, they die from the head trauma. Except it is leaving out that the car crash caused the head trauma.
More like if someone crashes into a tree, the CDC lists a tree as a comorbidity.

More like if someone crashes into a tree, the CDC lists a tree as a comorbidity.

Not remotely true. This way of thinking assumes that everyone who died from covid was about to die anyway, which is in no way true.

So... you're kind on the same page in a way. Asthma and diabetes are two of those conditions that people shouldn't leave their house. Those are underlying conditions that are at risk.

But that is a lot of people. Secondly, most things are open now in some forms, I dont really know what you are complaining about. Florida is pretty much fully open yes?

Not remotely true. This way of thinking assumes that everyone who died from covid was about to die anyway, which is in no way true.
There are a lot of examples where that is exactly the case. Motorcycle accident, stroke, alcohol poisoning, stage 4 cancer, alzheimers, suicide. None of those deaths had anything to do with covid but it was listed on the death certificate.

You mean the voluntary self quarantine if you visit New Jersey from a state where Covid cases are rising? Is that what is being referenced? I thought you were talking about healthy people quarantined in their houses. You are talking about taking a voluntary action when traveling to a place from a place with poor case numbers because you may have the virus. But you are a smart person and already knew this of course.
I just wanted you to admit that it wasn’t as simple as the question that you asked after you decided to ask it again, which is basically what your answer did. Although, I seem to remember some kid being arrested in Hawaii for going surfing during his quarantine, so I’m not sure how voluntary all of the quarantines are.

There are a lot of people with those conditions and should quarantine. We are giving them false hope that going out with a cloth mask is safe. Those without those conditions and not in direct contact with them should be game on. Zero restrictions, zero masks, zero bar rules, nothing.
I think there should be a way to compromise on this. Anybody who is at an elevated risk (people over 60) should be 100% quarantined until the pandemic is over. That means no visits and no leaving their homes. We can set up a system to deliver groceries to them and emergency medical care if necessary, but these are the people we need to protect for their own good. Yeah, it'll suck not being able to see family or friends for the next couple of years but WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC!

most things are open now in some forms, I dont really know what you are complaining about. Florida is pretty much fully open yes?
They are just complaining for the sake of complaining. No rational thought is being used in any of their responses. Zero. Nadda. Zilch.

They're just pissed off that Trump is going to lose and someone in the WH is actually going to start taking this Covid thing seriously.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
I just wanted you to admit that it wasn’t as simple as the question that you asked after you decided to ask it again, which is basically what your answer did. Although, I seem to remember some kid being arrested in Hawaii for going surfing during his quarantine, so I’m not sure how voluntary all of the quarantines are.
You are conflating quarantine as a stipulation of travel with general “quarantine” and lockdown measures that were introduced in March and now have been essentially universally lifted. You are smarter than that.

I think there should be a way to compromise on this. Anybody who is at an elevated risk (people over 60) should be 100% quarantined until the pandemic is over. That means no visits and no leaving their homes. We can set up a system to deliver groceries to them and emergency medical care if necessary, but these are the people we need to protect for their own good. Yeah, it'll suck not being able to see family or friends for the next couple of years but WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC!
Imagine thinking this is the best option. Rather than resume activities with basic common sense precautions like masks, a large groups of people should be forced to never leave their house so that younger and healthier people aren’t burdened with having to wear a mask or sit in a restaurant with reduced capacity. No wonder Trump is losing the older demographics.

You are conflating quarantine as a stipulation of travel with general “quarantine” and lockdown measures that were introduced in March and now have been essentially universally lifted. You are smarter than that.
I’m not really arguing anything on the point itself. I’m just saying that your oversimplified question didn’t help the conversation. Now you’re arguing against my own simplification so apparently I’ve got you right where I want you.

A point is to be made that there are still damaging aspects to lockdowns that are short of full quarantines, but I’m really not that invested in something that we won’t have real data on for years.

• Dislike
I’m not really arguing anything on the point itself. I’m just saying that your oversimplified question didn’t help the conversation. Now you’re arguing against my own simplification so apparently I’ve got you right where I want you.

A point is to be made that there are still damaging aspects to lockdowns that are short of full quarantines, but I’m really not that invested in something that we won’t have real data on for years.
So any examples where healthy people are forced to quarantine yet? Aside from the apparent forced vacation to Hawaii example.

So any examples where healthy people are forced to quarantine yet? Aside from the apparent forced vacation to Hawaii example.
I answered your question; don’t move the goalposts because you didn’t get an answer you wanted. Ask a better question.

• Dislike
Imagine thinking this is the best option. Rather than resume activities with basic common sense precautions like masks, a large groups of people should be forced to never leave their house so that younger and healthier people aren’t burdened with having to wear a mask or sit in a restaurant with reduced capacity. No wonder Trump is losing the older demographics.
That sounds great and all, but since masks aren't 100% effective we need to protect the most vulnerable in every way possible. That means completely isolating them from people that could potentially be infected. I dont want your grandma to die, I just think keeping her alone for 2 years is a small price to pay for her future.

I answered your question; don’t move the goalposts because you didn’t get an answer you wanted. Ask a better question.
You just had contempt for the question. I don’t think forced quarantine or lockdowns as I interpreted them should be implemented. But apparently this is a topic of discussion. So I was interested to hear where people are being forced to lockdown or quarantine. You cited a voluntary quarantine as a stipulation of travel to NJ. Fine. I think that is a fine thing to have in place. So I guess my opinion has changed from against to for some quarantines. When it comes to forced lockdowns I envisioned stuff like Wuhan did, you know, like what a lockdown is understood to be in the traditional sense of a prison lockdown or school lockdown for active shooter where people literally cannot leave. Living in Florida where literally everything is open, I have little frame of reference. I looked up Michigan which I have heard horror stories about and even plots to kidnap the governor based on draconian lockdowns. Turns out it is more like safety measures. Masks at indoor businesses, restaurants and bars having 6 feet distance between parties, limiting large gatherings, etc. More common sense safety guidelines than what I understand a lockdown to be. I get it. Lockdown sounds a lot worse than safety guidelines or something else. It plays better on a headline. But come on, we all know there are no ongoing lockdowns or forced quarantines in the country. If you have an example feel free to share it. But I think you understand the point. Don’t scream “muh lockdowns” over a mask or social distancing requirement if you don’t want to be called out for acting like a fool.

You just had contempt for the question. I don’t think forced quarantine or lockdowns as I interpreted them should be implemented. But apparently this is a topic of discussion. So I was interested to hear where people are being forced to lockdown or quarantine. You cited a voluntary quarantine as a stipulation of travel to NJ. Fine. I think that is a fine thing to have in place. So I guess my opinion has changed from against to for some quarantines. When it comes to forced lockdowns I envisioned stuff like Wuhan did, you know, like what a lockdown is understood to be in the traditional sense of a prison lockdown or school lockdown for active shooter where people literally cannot leave. Living in Florida where literally everything is open, I have little frame of reference. I looked up Michigan which I have heard horror stories about and even plots to kidnap the governor based on draconian lockdowns. Turns out it is more like safety measures. Masks at indoor businesses, restaurants and bars having 6 feet distance between parties, limiting large gatherings, etc. More common sense safety guidelines than what I understand a lockdown to be. I get it. Lockdown sounds a lot worse than safety guidelines or something else. It plays better on a headline. But come on, we all know there are no ongoing lockdowns or forced quarantines in the country. If you have an example feel free to share it. But I think you understand the point. Don’t scream “muh lockdowns” over a mask or social distancing requirement if you don’t want to be called out for acting like a fool.
It’s not just a mask and a 6-foot rules. It’s closing down entire industries that amount to 20% of the jobs in this country. It’s studies that we have from the last recession that showed a death toll from a significant economic slowdown that exceeds that of COVID and yet we went ahead and shut down the economy anyways. Rather than opening, they are doubling down in California. It’s that the Democrat candidate for President has vowed to shut it all down to combat COVID. It’s Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan putting those citizens into a virtual quarantine and then blaming Trump for any criticism she gets on either side of the issue. It’s people on message boards calling you granny-killer if you express any skepticism to the lockdown orders after the first few weeks.

You can’t just come out now and act like people weren’t vilified along the way because now we have some states that are doing what a lot of us have said was all that was needed from the beginning.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
I'm curious. Do people deep down honestly believe these Governors are all acting purely in the best interest of the people and in no way are acting to impact the election? This goes for both sides. I think reasonable people can agree that there is gamesmanship going on. I'm in no way capable of assigning weights to it but it's pretty logical to see there's political opportunity depending on where you stand.

Reactions: sk8knight
Either these governors are playing politics with severe restrictions to get Trump or they are that incompetent to follow science.
I dont think its fair to attribute any decisions that governors have made to "getting Trump" or "protecting Trump".

ADVERTISEMENT