ADVERTISEMENT

Are duh*bulls blocking FIU and/or FAU from joining the AAC?

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
History repeating itself? No mention in this article of FIU or FAU.

Though Aresco declined to reveal potential new members, the top options are likely to start with UAB, a rising power in the G5 located in the heart of the Deep South. Football success is an important piece to any new additions, as well as fan support and school resources. Several others may fit that mold, including Air Force, Army, Colorado State, Boise State, North Texas, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina and Arkansas State.

Yeah, FAU should be in the mix....but since they have recent football success, a coach usf would take back in a minute, and an OCS you could see the heifers blocking this.

I don’t think USF holds any clout for a block on anyone. Besides, AAC is so desperate right now, they can’t get picky
Not sure they are desperate....I'm sure they can pick up whoever they want from CUSA and Sunbelt. Those people advocating Western teams are pretty stupid though.

The new AAC will be building around SMU, Tulane, and Memphis. The rest of the conference is crap these days.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Though Aresco declined to reveal potential new members, the top options are likely to start with UAB, a rising power in the G5 located in the heart of the Deep South. Football success is an important piece to any new additions, as well as fan support and school resources. Several others may fit that mold, including Air Force, Army, Colorado State, Boise State, North Texas, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina and Arkansas State.

I'd say YES, USF continues the GENSHAFTING by blocking schools that may pass them up!

Not sure they are desperate....I'm sure they can pick up whoever they want from CUSA and Sunbelt. Those people advocating Western teams are pretty stupid though.

The new AAC will be building around SMU, Tulane, and Memphis. The rest of the conference is crap these days.
They D.E.S.P.E.R.A.T.E.!

Once that TV deal gets blown up, is it really that attractive to switch conferences for anyone in the Sunbelt or C-USA? Let’s be honest, the teams leaving are taking all the football value from the AAC with them, minus Memphis. All they really even have that’s worth a shit is Memphis…MWC sure as hell isn’t thinking about switching anymore.

They D.E.S.P.E.R.A.T.E.!

Once that TV deal gets blown up, is it really that attractive to switch conferences for anyone in the Sunbelt or C-USA? Let’s be honest, the teams leaving are taking all the football value from the AAC with them, minus Memphis. All they really even have that’s worth a shit is Memphis…MWC sure as hell isn’t thinking about switching anymore.
I think Tulane is going to surprise you. Plus, they'll add good teams.

Now reality. No one will watch them. Tulane's audience are LSU fans, unless they become great and LSU become usf, I think you know who they'll watch. So, they'll play good, if not better than many P5, football, and very few will pay attention. TV $$$ drops in half. It may be smarter for the better teams to join with better other G5 in a super G5 and hope to get some viewership. As much as the country pretends to be football mad, the fact is they aren't. As a whole, the majority is only P5 football mad, and wouldn't spend 5 seconds watching the local team be it ULL or Kennesaw St.

Wow! can they survive a double dose of KARMA?

They D.E.S.P.E.R.A.T.E.!

SMU says “hello.”

WHoooops keep forgetting SMU, and now that it's 'completely ok' to pay players SMU should, once their grads realize it, should make them an AAC powerhouse. Come on guys, you did it before, time to do it again.

It would not surprise me. Old habits die hard.

I didn’t forget SMU, they haven’t done anything. It’s Memphis and only Memphis who got left behind.
History has not been good for SMU the death penalty they received was way over the top and they have never recovered. Totally different from USF.

USF should just block anybody trying to come into the AAC. Within a year or two any new school will pass them by. Especially FAU, Coastal Caroline or App St.
Within a year or two?!!! USF hasn’t won an FBS game in like 2 years. I think all those teams mentioned and any that weren’t are only in USF’s rear view b/c they bout to lap them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT