ADVERTISEMENT

Are we playing for a National Championship?

If we beat LSU, are we National Champions?

• Yes

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 55 62.5%

• Total voters
Colley Matrix is officially recognized by the NCAA. You and I are aren't.

If you take a trip to NCAA office in Indy you'll find NCAA national champion trophies for every level of every sport including basketball and FCS football but there are no trophies there for FBS football. The NCAA does not select a National Champion or give out a trophy for the FBS national champion. Instead, the NCAA officially recognizes other entities as selectors. And theres several of them. Most years the selectors agree with each other. Some years they do not.

You can read all about this on wikipedia or whatever else.

But think about it. Just step back and look at the whole wonderful mess. Because someone at the ncaa, who probably couldn't set the time on his microwave, approved the Colley Matrix, that one is official. NASA says UCF is the champ, nope.

Reactions: Knight Strength
But think about it. Just step back and look at the whole wonderful mess. Because someone at the ncaa, who probably couldn't set the time on his microwave, approved the Colley Matrix, that one is official. NASA says UCF is the champ, nope.
I feel you. I like S&P+. I don't think it was designed to be a NC selector but I wonder if the NCAA still reviews these things to see who should be official or not.

ADVERTISEMENT