ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas fires Chad Morris

2018 has turned out to be a bad year for hiring a new coach. Mullen and Edwards are the only ones who have shown marked improvement and 2 have already been fired.

Reactions: Endeavor.
When West Kentucky curb stomps you and you lose to San Jose State it’s probably best you fire your coach before LSU

From what I just read, he’ll walk away with just over 10 million. Man, his best record as a coach at the D1 level was 7-5. He’s 18-40 as a head coach. Him and Willie T should start a consulting firm on how to bilk money out of football jobs. I understand he probably spent years and years getting paid an average wage. Bravo! Well played!

Starting every season all but guaranteed with at least 4 Division losses and zero shot at a conference title is rough (Bama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M)
is it better to be in the AAC as a top team or a P5 as Arkansas

Lots of jobs opened up the year he was hired. They thought they had hired Chad Morris - the Clemson assistant coach, not Chad Morris the mediocre head coach who got hired by Arkansas before his team went on a losing run to close out the year.
For every Gene Chizik (Iowa State coach with losing record hired by Auburn who eventually found his demise), there's a Willie Taggart and Chad Morris.

Arkansas is in a tough spot as a job. Them and Miss State may be the 2 worst jobs in that Conference
Mississippi State and Vanderbilt are widely considered to be more difficult jobs than Arkansas; I'd put South Carolina below Arkansas, too. Arkansas had very good teams recently with Petrino and great teams historically with Broyles.

Ole Piss ain't easy, either. Arkansas should be much better than they were with Chad Morris.

Last edited:
Mississippi State and Vanderbilt are widely considered to be more difficult jobs than Arkansas; I'd put South Carolina below Arkansas, too. Arkansas had very good teams recently with Petrino and great teams historically with Broyles.

Ole Piss ain't easy, either. Arkansas should be much better than they were with Chad Morris.

Agreed. Arkansas isn't a terrible job, but in my experience the fans think it's on par with Bama when in reality it's more like Wisconsin. They're almost as bad as Iowa fan .

Egad, Kentucky is such a difficult job in the SEC, I forgot about them.

Arkansas is a middle of the pack job in the SEC

South Carolina is a decent school. They have good athletes. Not far from Georgia. Can recruit Florida when needed. Only downfall is Clemson right now is getting a lot of the better players.

South Carolina is a decent school. They have good athletes. Not far from Georgia. Can recruit Florida when needed. Only downfall is Clemson right now is getting a lot of the better players.
One would think they "should" be better, but 110 years of mediocre-to-bad football (and only about ten years of good football) say otherwise.

morris was too nice the only reason he got the job was gus rec him after he turned us down

novell wife is from fort smith i think its him or kiffin kiffin dad was on arkansas staff in the 70's

u put arkansas in the east they would win 2 of 3 conf games a year

if novell saids no i wouild hire lsu OC

arkansas has 4 automtaic conf losses now but

they always play atm close once gus leaves auburn we can beat them 50% of the time gus treats beating arkansas like he shouild bama
once lsu loses their OC and DC arkansas can beat them
bama gonna have to wait utill saban leavs

arkansas gets 41 mil a year just for being in the sec

arkansas was great from 1960-1989 and beief periods from 1998-2002 and 2009-11

he wasn't good at SMU idk how he got the Arkansas job, Mike Norvelle should be up next he's actually legit
Screw norville, Rotten SOB! Dirty plays may have set set up KZs injury. Burn in Memphis THAT SOB! Ahhh not a big fan on that.

as far as sec jobs
1 bama
2 uga
3 uf
4 lsu
5 tam
6 tenn
7 aub
8 ark
9 s car
10 mizz
11 miss
12 miss st
13 uk
14 vandy
I'd rank UGA as my #1 if I was a Coach or Recruit despite the Title lead of Bama. Athens is the best College Town in that Conference and they should have more to show for it with the level recruiting they have done the last decade plus. UGA is also a quality Academic Institution.

morris was too nice the only reason he got the job was gus rec him after he turned us down

novell wife is from fort smith i think its him or kiffin kiffin dad was on arkansas staff in the 70's

u put arkansas in the east they would win 2 of 3 conf games a year

if novell saids no i wouild hire lsu OC

arkansas has 4 automtaic conf losses now but

they always play atm close once gus leaves auburn we can beat them 50% of the time gus treats beating arkansas like he shouild bama
once lsu loses their OC and DC arkansas can beat them
bama gonna have to wait utill saban leavs

arkansas gets 41 mil a year just for being in the sec

arkansas was great from 1960-1989 and beief periods from 1998-2002 and 2009-11
How likely do you think those guys are to get offers?

I don't see how Norvell stays at Memphis with Arky and FSU open.

Some (trolls?) suggest Norvell has some "skeletons the closet" and an affinity for gambling. It is amazing how low his buyout is for how good he is.

ADVERTISEMENT