ADVERTISEMENT

Around The Kingdom - How big is the UCF and UF game?

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Join Eric Lopez and Trace Trylko as they debate some of the current topics surrounding UCF Athletics.

In this episode, the guys talk about the upcoming football schedule, including some interesting comments made by the Gators AD.

All of which begs the question, is that game the most important on the schedule?

Plus: UCF and FSU played in the baseball regional, but are there future matchups in other sports on the horizon?

Also: Corporate sponsors on uniforms, should the baseball calendar change, the future of NIL, and an update on the Arquette family.

Click here to watch and thanks!

Not as important as it would have been 4 years ago when they might have been our only P5 game…..and the bowl game further reduces the importance

Reactions: ucf1
Thanks for clicking here for the Audio Version of this week's Around the Kingdom.

We got Panthers in the Stanley Cup Finals currently, then Paris Olympics July 26th. That might help the summer drought of sports until football season somewhat...or maybe not. :p
saw a few of our track ladies arrive at the D1 Nationals in Oregon, NBA Finals Thursday, and a lot of international soccer ⚽️ with The Euros and Copa America in a week or so. not a bad summer of sports, usually we are entering only baseball time

Last edited:
Maybe an unpopular opinion (or maybe not) but the UF game is by far the biggest game on the schedule for so many reasons. It far supersedes any 1 conference game, it’s not even close. Most likely all Big12 contenders are going to have 1-2+ losses anyways, but we aren’t expected to win the conference anyway.

A win at UF will totally crush the Gator fanbase into a full blown meltdown. It will most likely get their coach fired. The SEC cult will also be triggered by UCF winning, still annoyed from 2017. UF is down, we are seemingly up. Now is the time.

Maybe an unpopular opinion (or maybe not) but the UF game is by far the biggest game on the schedule for so many reasons. It far supersedes any 1 conference game, it’s not even close. Most likely all Big12 contenders are going to have 1-2+ losses anyways, but we aren’t expected to win the conference anyway.

A win at UF will totally crush the Gator fanbase into a full blown meltdown. It will most likely get their coach fired. The SEC cult will also be triggered by UCF winning, still annoyed from 2017. UF is down, we are seemingly up. Now is the time.
Seems your take is in line with popular opinion ... I'm on the other side. Give me BIG 12 wins over Florida. I can't imagine the UCF fan base if the Knights stumble on the road at TCU or lose at home to Colorado. TT

Reactions: Nautiknight
I am somewhere in the middle on how big it is. We are now P4 and those games in the past were money games. I never thought UCF was good enough to beat the Gators in days gone by. Now though, we can beat them and I will hold judgement until after the Colorado game. If we lose, we lose but if we win , it's likely a sign of how good the team can be. In so many ways now, I just don't feel the need to justify or prove a thing to the Gators. So, making this game our super bowl per se is a mistake I think. It's important but I really don't know how much so.

I am somewhere in the middle on how big it is. We are now P4 and those games in the past were money games. I never thought UCF was good enough to beat the Gators in days gone by. Now though, we can beat them and I will hold judgement until after the Colorado game. If we lose, we lose but if we win , it's likely a sign of how good the team can be. In so many ways now, I just don't feel the need to justify or prove a thing to the Gators. So, making this game our super bowl per se is a mistake I think. It's important but I really don't know how much so.
I like this take, especially the Super Bowl part. May "borrow" this theme for a topic on the next Around the Kingdom. Thanks! TT

I can't imagine the UCF fan base if the Knights stumble on the road at TCU
Hate to break it to Trace, but you won't have to imagine it.

I give TCU a 75%-80% chance of winning in Fort Worth.

Here are the reasons:

UCF's first road game.
Hostile Big 12 opener LATE at night for the Knights.
Horned Frogs have some of the best top-end talent in the league.
TCU will have had a legitimate litmus test at Stanford to open the season.
Horned Frogs probably not as good as their 2022 National Championship runner-up finish, but definitely not as bad as their 5-7 debacle in 2023, either.
Year 2 under Kendal Briles.
TCU hung a season-high 45 points on Ted Roof's Oklahoma defense in 2023.

But the main reasons I am picking the Frogs is Gus Malzahn is a poor motivator, TCU has the revenge factor with former Boise State head coach Andy Avalos (who is well versed on Gus's offense) heading up the Horned Frog defense, and if anyone knows and can help exploit KJ's weaknesses, it is baby Briles.

Expect an L in Fort Worth.

Espn Tcu GIF by College GameDay

Last edited:
Hate to break it to Trace, but you won't have to imagine it.

I give TCU a 75%-80% chance of winning in Fort Worth.

Here are the reasons:

UCF's first road game.
Hostile Big 12 opener LATE at night for the Knights.
Horned Frogs have some of the best top-end talent in the league.
TCU will have had a legitimate litmus test at Stanford to open the season.
Horned Frogs probably not as good as their 2022 National Championship runner-up finish, but definitely not as bad as their 5-7 debacle in 2023, either.
Year 2 under Kendal Briles.
TCU hung a season-high 45 points on Ted Roof's Oklahoma defense in 2023.

But the main reasons I am picking the Frogs is Gus Malzahn is a poor motivator, TCU has the revenge factor with former Boise State head coach Andy Avalos (who is well versed on Gus's offense) heading up the Horned Frog defense, and if anyone knows and can help exploit KJ's weaknesses, it is baby Briles.

Expect an L in Fort Worth.

Espn Tcu GIF by College GameDay
When you put it like that! TT

I don't think its quite in the bag for TCU. I believe we upgraded our OL, DL, and Offense. We have a legitimate QB that even Saban said was one of the toughest QBs Alabama played against. I think the game will be more of a 50/50 or possibly 60/40 in their favor because they have the homefield advantage. Unless we have a number of players injured or out when we have our Big12 Opener, I won't favor TCU by that much. I will say that UCF plays much better when they are told they are the under dog though.

Reactions: All Knight

11. TCU

Just behind Colorado football will be TCU, who was the first team to suffer defeat in Sanders’s debut as head coach last year. That was also coming off a national championship appearance the year before. The Horned Frogs failed to even make a bowl game last year, however, going 5-7, losing four out of their last five games.

It didn’t help that the Horned Frogs lost a lot of production from their 2022 team. But head coach Sonny Dykes looks to have potentially restocked the roster this season. Though now the question mark is will quarterback Josh Hoover be ready by the season opener after suffering an injury during the spring.
from link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...big-12-post-spring-power-rankings/ar-BB1nLtAP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT