ADVERTISEMENT

Around the Kingdom - What is the biggest moment in UCF sports history?

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Join Eric Lopez and Trace Trylko as they debate some of the current topics surrounding UCF Athletics. In this episode, the guys discuss the release of the basketball non-conference schedule, which features several in state games. Next, they review a recent list from the Orlando Sentinel on the biggest moments in UCF sports history - should the UCF/Duke basketball game be included? Later, they discuss a variety of topics, including Gus Malzahn's Big 12 media day comments, the Space Game, Knights in the Hall of Fame, and Eric's level of UCF knowledge.

Click here to watch.

Reactions: 90Knight
Join Eric Lopez and Trace Trylko as they debate some of the current topics surrounding UCF Athletics. In this episode, the guys discuss the release of the basketball non-conference schedule, which features several in state games. Next, they review a recent list from the Orlando Sentinel on the biggest moments in UCF sports history - should the UCF/Duke basketball game be included? Later, they discuss a variety of topics, including Gus Malzahn's Big 12 media day comments, the Space Game, Knights in the Hall of Fame, and Eric's level of UCF knowledge.

Click here to watch.
Can't watch right now... But I say 1st Fiesta Bowl win. From 0-11 to that, massive accomplishment that set us on the path to the XII

i'll watch the vid later tonight, but my take in no particular order:

Duante Culpepper playing his final year
Hiring George O'leary
Firing George O'leary
Hanging on the goal post after beating Marshall for first time and breaking losing streak
On campus stadium announcement, then the Texas game. Almost beat #6 team in nation.
ESPN Game Day
Beating Georgia in bowl
Beating Bama
Beating Florida
Beating Auburn Peach Bowl
Cinci game after ESPN Game Day
Leaving usf behind
usf-ucf game that gave us reservation for 6 in the cabanas. Epic game epic crowd epic finish.
Memphis-UCF triple OT game
Beating Penn State in Happy Valley 34-31
Beating Louisville perfect season and heisman hopeful
beating Baylor
Joining the Big12.

Prob more just top of my head. Go Knights.

Hiring George O'leary
Firing George O'leary
Hanging on the goal post after beating Marshall for first time and breaking losing streak
On campus stadium announcement, then the Texas game. Almost beat #6 team in nation.
ESPN Game Day
Beating Georgia in bowl
Beating Bama
Beating Florida
Leaving usf behind
usf-ucf game that gave us reservation for 6 in the cabanas. Epic game epic crowd epic finish.
beating Baylor
Joining the Big12.

Great list!

Feel like beating Auburn is Top 5, between Penn St and Louisville.

Hiring George O'leary
Firing George O'leary
ESPN Game Day
Beating Georgia in bowl
Beating Bama
Beating Florida
Leaving usf behind
beating Baylor
Joining the Big12.

Lot of memories here! TT

Beating Auburn to go undefeated bc of how that season played out in the SEC.

But I think the first moment where it felt like the Program was on a different path to get to where we are is winning at Louisville at night when they had Bridgewater at QB and a top 10 ranking.

The most overrated moment was the UCF-Duke moral victory in basketball. Close games happen during March Madness weekend 1 w the quick turnaround.

If it means anything, I really started paying attention to UCF after yinz almost beat Texas to open up your on-campus stadium. I then remember the Knights defeating Georgia in the Liberty Bowl around 2009 or 2010; that’s when I was all-in on the Big East expanding to Orlando.

Unfortunately, USF put their pride ahead of all else, vetoed UCF in favor of Villanova moving up, and ended up tanking the conference.

I remember this game when we ended the 17 game losing streak when O'Leary first got there and afterwards we all got on the field and tore down the goal posts :) This was big because this is the start where GOL got this program going towards where it is today.

Hiring George O'leary
Firing George O'leary
ESPN Game Day
Beating Georgia in bowl
Beating Bama
Beating Florida
Leaving usf behind
beating Baylor
Joining the Big12.

Great list but gotta add in the rain game win vs Marshall… Bruuuuccceee

Hiring George O'leary
Firing George O'leary
ESPN Game Day
Beating Georgia in bowl
Beating Bama
Beating Florida
Leaving usf behind
beating Baylor
Joining the Big12.

Awesome list . I will add a couple from our early days . Playing that very first game in a cow pasture against St. Leo and winning! The Noise Penalty Game against Troy showed the potential, if UCF could grow it .That win at Youngstown State in the I-AA playoffs. These were important steps to get where we are today with each one building and cementing bricks in the program.

Reactions: ucf1
If it means anything, I really started paying attention to UCF after yinz almost beat Texas to open up your on-campus stadium. I then remember the Knights defeating Georgia in the Liberty Bowl around 2009 or 2010; that’s when I was all-in on the Big East expanding to Orlando.

Unfortunately, USF put their pride ahead of all else, vetoed UCF in favor of Villanova moving up, and ended up tanking the conference.
we were 3 yards away from getting a first down to keep play going :-(

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT