ADVERTISEMENT

As college football's elite is engulfed in a power struggle, G5 left just trying to survive: 'We are a farm system'

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001

As college football's elite is engulfed in a power struggle, G5 left just trying to survive: 'We are a farm system'​

Story by Ross Dellenger • 1h

God Bless America!

“Hope is one of the most incredible things this country has to offer,” he continues. “Toppling Goliath is what makes college football and college basketball special. That to me is what this country is all about.”

God Bless America! “Hope is one of the most incredible things this country has to offer,” he continues. “Toppling Goliath is what makes college football and college basketball special. That to me is what this country is all about.”
Yeah, but unless something changes soon, any given teams' best 'difference-making' players who emerge are going to see bigger paydays by transferring to a program that has big NIL pockets. Note Howard, the QB who transferred from K-State to Ohio State.

From the article:
"Within three years, projections show SEC and Big Ten schools earning nearly twice as much in TV revenue distribution ($80-90 million) as their Power Four brethren, the Big 12 and ACC ($40-50 million). And the Big 12 and ACC will earn at least three times the distribution as the richest G5 league (historically, the American)."

And the gap between the haves and the have-nots widens when you start talking NIL $$$.

'difference-making' players AND coaches. Any great player or coach will get plucked away.

Thus, the byline in the title is a great one!

'We are a farm system'​

Glad we elevated when we did to the Big 12!

Would suck to still be in the American.

Reactions: Psycho Jim
I was thinking this 5-7 format was pretty good for G5 with 2 champions going to the playoffs, then I remembered the ACC still exists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT