ADVERTISEMENT

At least 10 members of Mormon family brutally killed in Mexico

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ily-killed-by-mexican-drug-cartel/4162955002/

At least 10 members of a prominent Mormon family – three mothers and their young children – were killed in a shooting attack relatives suspect might have been a case of mistaken identity by drug cartel gunmen.

The victims were U.S. citizens and members of La Mora, a decades-old settlement in Sonora state founded as part of an offshoot of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's located about 70 miles south of Douglas, Arizona.

this is extremely sad news. thoughts to the friends and family lost. :(

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ily-killed-by-mexican-drug-cartel/4162955002/

At least 10 members of a prominent Mormon family – three mothers and their young children – were killed in a shooting attack relatives suspect might have been a case of mistaken identity by drug cartel gunmen.

The victims were U.S. citizens and members of La Mora, a decades-old settlement in Sonora state founded as part of an offshoot of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's located about 70 miles south of Douglas, Arizona.

this is extremely sad news. thoughts to the friends and family lost. :(
Here we go again. Brown people bad. We get it.

usually any Americans killed there are accidents, the Cartels are not stupid. If it is intentional most likely means there is more to this story

Last edited:
usually any Americans killed there are accidents, the Cartels are not stupid. If it is intentional most likely means there is more to this story

Yes, there is more to the story. The "more" is that Mexico is a failed state where huge swaths of their country are governed by armed, sadistic cartels rather than the government. And apparently these armed militias are operating just 70 miles from our border with heavy weaponry.

Yes, there is more to the story. The "more" is that Mexico is a failed state where huge swaths of their country are governed by armed, sadistic cartels rather than the government. And apparently these armed militias are operating just 70 miles from our border with heavy weaponry.
And Yet the majority of the Americans that travel there are safe and welcomed. I know someone that just flew back from there Monday. My Aunt is going there on vacation in 2 and half weeks with zero worries. Don't be an idiot and be in a cartel zone.. Norah is hinting that a few might have been involved in something shady and the NY Post dropped a story on one of the adult victims where it gets weirder.

Do you know why most Mormons have settled in the Sonora region instead of staying in America? It wasn't for the weather.

My point is that the Cartel's Mo is not to purposely target Americans, especially American tourists but people are going to paint a broad brush for a political narrative. If you look at the history of the Cartels the last 40 years the solution is very complex and as long as there is this level of demand the cycle will continue. RIP to those kids & their family.

Last edited:
And Yet the majority of the Americans that travel there are safe and welcomed. I know someone that just flew back from there Monday. My Aunt is going there on vacation in 2 and half weeks with zero worries. Don't be an idiot and be in a cartel zone.. Norah is hinting that a few might have been involved in something shady and the NY Post dropped a story on one of the adult victims where it gets weirder.

Do you know why most Mormons have settled in the Sonora region instead of staying in America? It wasn't for the weather.

My point is that the Cartel's Mo is not to purposely target Americans, especially American tourists but people are going to paint a broad brush for a political narrative. If you look at the history of the Cartels the last 40 years the solution is very complex and as long as there is this level of demand the cycle will continue. RIP to those kids & their family.
So if a citizen of another country came to the U.S. and decided to stay in Arkansas would it be acceptable for them to be murdered? I mean that is not a tourist destination, they should have stayed in Florida or New York or California.

id rather our military help stablize the central american countries and their drug cartels than the middle east.
Yeah, so easy to say while you're enjoying $2.34 gas prices. Watch it jump to $5 and you'll quickly change your tune.

Yeah, so easy to say while you're enjoying $2.34 gas prices. Watch it jump to $5 and you'll quickly change your tune.
us produces more gas than any other country in the world. we also export a ton of it. i doubt that would happen. well its almost $5 in california....

Reactions: Crazyhole
us produces more gas than any other country in the world. we also export a ton of it. i doubt that would happen. well its almost $5 in california....
North America extracts more than enough oil to be self sufficient. The problem Is that it's a global commodity and the price is set on a global level. If we were to cut ties to ME countries it would affect our oil price as well, unless we took the drastic step of nationalizing our oil market. That would be a disaster on it's own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT