ADVERTISEMENT

Athletics lands $5 million donation

I think improved facilities is great, but the "recovery cove" is a bit over the top.

No.

Garvy's also donated another $1 Million to the Student Athlete Leadership Center that was built behind the East Side of the Stadium.

Amazing Family that has done and continues to do soooooo much for UCF.

Clearly not a tosh.0 viewer.

the lazy river is getting so much publicity, officially winning the offseason #RiseandConquer
That lazy river has got to be the best improvement! It's like over 105 degrees during tailgating!

I was wondering if it would be like a mobbed kiddie pool, so crowded it would be feel like you're swimming in piss? haha Over? :)

Reactions: Mikesi
Just curious.....why is it "over the top"? :)

Because it is a lazy river. Honestly do I have to explain why that is over the top? You obviously do not have kids college age and looking to find a way to pay for college education. I agree that there are all kinds of really great amenities that athletes need but I cannot think of one reason for a lazy river, other than it is just a cool thing to have.

Reactions: Stetson_1883
Just curious.....why is it "over the top"? :)

Because it is a lazy river. Honestly do I have to explain why that is over the top? You obviously do not have kids college age and looking to find a way to pay for college education. I agree that there are all kinds of really great amenities that athletes need but I cannot think of one reason for a lazy river, other than it is just a cool thing to have.

Believe it's basically two pools...one being a cooled down pool (very cold), that also has a lazy river.

Right now, ucf players jump in large garage trash barrels with ice/water to cool down.

Also, all the other projects have priority over this (Football HQ Building, Nutrition Center, Baseball Club/Suite Stadium Expansion so maybe no need to worry about if this project is "over the top" as its a wish list).

Reactions: Miltonian
Believe it's basically two pools...one being a cooled down pool (very cold), that also has a lazy river.

Right now, ucf players jump in large garage trash barrels with ice/water to cool down.

Also, all the other projects have priority over this (Football HQ Building, Nutrition Center, Baseball Club/Suite Stadium Expansion so maybe no need to worry about if this project is "over the top" as its a wish list).

I could understand a pool that is ice cold, indoors where you cool down (nobody really cools down in the 90+ degree central Florida sun). I don't really have an issue with it per se, it just would not be a priority.

I could understand a pool that is ice cold, indoors where you cool down (nobody really cools down in the 90+ degree central Florida sun). I don't really have an issue with it per se, it just would not be a priority.

As Danny White noted in multiple interviews, he clearly stated which projects were a priority, which I noted above and how the pool and lazy river was not.

DW was smart to include it though as it has helped generate national buzz....Which you can't buy at UCF's level.

As Danny White noted in multiple interviews, he clearly stated which projects were a priority, which I noted above and how the pool and lazy river was not.

DW was smart to include it though as it has helped generate national buzz....Which you can't buy at UCF's level.
Yep! Same reason why there are cabanas on the field, a cabana VIP area, blacktop basketball courts, etc.

You are all kinds of buzz kill today huh?
53797043.jpg

That lazy river has got to be the best improvement! It's like over 105 degrees during tailgating!

I was wondering if it would be like a mobbed kiddie pool, so crowded it would be feel like you're swimming in piss? haha Over? :)

In the pictures you can see a wall around it. I am sure its players only (recovery cove). No way this a public pool lol. Cool to see on TV I guess.

Reactions: Knight1001
to all the students whining about not finding a parking space after seeing this news, take the shuttle idiots

Reactions: Mikesi

Are you ready to move into DW's inner circle?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
to all the students whining about not finding a parking space after seeing this news, take the shuttle idiots

All those whiners only want to take classes 9 am - 1 pm on Mon-Thur.

Plenty of parking at 7 45 am for 8 am classes or after 2 pm and you can get your own floor in many garages on Friday.

Last edited:
All those whiners only want to take classes 9 am - 1 pm on Mon-Thur.
Plenty of parking at 7 45 am for 8 am classes or after 2 pm and you can get your own floor 8n many garages on Friday.
What? At residential state and private schools, students (and profs) insist on M-Th 10-2. Nobody gets up for a 9AM class. Here though, profs pay $330/yr for spaces that don't exist unless they arrive by 9, and students don't ever both coming to class (except our athletes, who are not allowed to miss or the Coach gets fired -- a la Coach K). It's weird looking in through the room of a large auditorium classroom and being able to identify so many football players.

What? At residential state and private schools, students (and profs) insist on M-Th 10-2. Nobody gets up for a 9AM class. Here though, profs pay $330/yr for spaces that don't exist unless they arrive by 9, and students don't ever both coming to class (except our athletes, who are not allowed to miss or the Coach gets fired -- a la Coach K). It's weird looking in through the room of a large auditorium classroom and being able to identify so many football players.

Nobody gets up for 9 am class is the problem. ITs funny how its always the people not willing to put in the work or make a sacrifice end up being the ones complaining about a situation they put themselves in.

Dont like traffic? take a 9am class and go. Too lazy? Live with the traffic.

Not a shot at you, more so lazy students---took me til junior year to get past the laziness.

Reactions: UCFProf
ADVERTISEMENT