ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Mayor Backtracks, “Enough is Enough”

DAiello18

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
May 2, 2010
Tampa

After 25 shot in 24 hours, Atlanta Mayor Bottoms finally found the straw the broke the camels back. When “protestors” took over the burned down Wendy’s and had a rally/block party and shot an 8 year old in the head.

Not a good look for the cause.

It's like people are just now choosing to recognize that there is, and has been, a deeply violent component to these "protests" since they began.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Federal government needs to make sure the inner cities are safe for all. The no police crowd will do more damage to those areas. If your area isn't safe, no business activity can happen.

These woke white people are destroying the black community.

At least they aren’t spreading Covid by wearing masks and staying 6ft apart*

Federal government needs to make sure the inner cities are safe for all. The no police crowd will do more damage to those areas. If your area isn't safe, no business activity can happen.

These woke white people are destroying the black community.

Just sit back and watch so the whole world can see that these people can't self govern. Support for BLM is support for the US becoming Sierra Leone.

Glad that somebody is standing up and saying something. Good for her. She gets more points in my book.

Glad that somebody is standing up and saying something. Good for her. She gets more points in my book.

Lmao, you know how she’s handled this right? This is a full backtrack from her letting people run wild a week ago

Total backtrack from when she was pro child shooting. This will hurt her VP chances.

100% they all want her gone. The police are livid

Not surprised. Why would any cop want to go into a situation like what they've dealt with recently, knowing that if they do their job they might be facing the death penalty?
As a secondary topic, female mayors, especially those that are black or lesbian, of major cities have not had a good run in the last year.

When was she out?

My buddy in APD says she has been visiting with members of the community and Taking meetings the last two weeks nonstop. He originally thought It was a political move to get Biden to pick her. That being said she’s been out and about the community the past few weeks without care.

also while she is asymptomatic (which I would argue is more lethal than having symptoms, since you don’t know you’re a carrier)

Her husband is beginning to show symptoms It would appear and all of her kids have asthma which is no bueno.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...-bottoms-coronavirus-positive-test/index.html

My buddy in APD says she has been visiting with members of the community and Taking meetings the last two weeks nonstop. He originally thought It was a political move to get Biden to pick her. That being said she’s been out and about the community the past few weeks without care.

also while she is asymptomatic (which I would argue is more lethal than having symptoms, since you don’t know you’re a carrier)

Her husband is beginning to show symptoms It would appear and all of her kids have asthma which is no bueno.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...-bottoms-coronavirus-positive-test/index.html
Oh, so she didnt get it protesting and throwing bricks at cop cars?

Thats weird because you were defending a person who said that and I was correcting them.

Oh, so she didnt get it protesting and throwing bricks at cop cars?

Thats weird because you were defending a person who said that and I was correcting them.

you said protests were 6 weeks ago. I was correcting you telling you they happened even this weekend. I would assume, like you, she didn’t throw bricks at cops. But she went to some protests and met with protestors as recently as this weekend per her APD Security detail.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Meanwhile BLM decided to go beat up black and white Christians trying to attend service on Sunday while threatening their children who were with them.

They sure are a nice bunch of people just trying to make things better.

Meanwhile BLM decided to go beat up black and white Christians trying to attend service on Sunday while threatening their children who were with them.

They sure are a nice bunch of people just trying to make things better.

The priest from Indiana was right. The only lives they care about are their own. Why would they attack a Baptist church like that? What's the goal?

The priest from Indiana was right. The only lives they care about are their own. Why would they attack a Baptist church like that? What's the goal?
Those people should not "attack" a church.
Cops should not kill innocent black people.

Do we really argue over these 2 things that should be universally accepted truths? Most BLM protests are fine. People who use violence and intimidation while protesting shouldnt be tolerated.

Its not that hard to value the BLM movement but also not accept violence. The problem is you have people who scour the internet looking for this shit and then post it as if its all thats happening.

Those people should not "attack" a church.
Cops should not kill innocent black people.

Do we really argue over these 2 things that should be universally accepted truths? Most BLM protests are fine. People who use violence and intimidation while protesting shouldnt be tolerated.

Its not that hard to value the BLM movement but also not accept violence. The problem is you have people who scour the internet looking for this shit and then post it as if its all thats happening.

Most cops are fine. The people who are using violence and intimidation while policing should not be tolerated.

See how that works on both sides. That means Its not a systemic problem in policing just a few bad cops.

Most cops are fine. The people who are using violence and intimidation while policing should not be tolerated.

See how that works on both sides. That means Its not a systemic problem in policing just a few bad cops.
I actually disagree so it doesnt work here for me. There is enough racism in our country that it has a disparate impact on minorities. Not all cops are bad but it doesnt mean we shouldn't try to improve where we can.

Most BLM protests are fine. People who use violence and intimidation while protesting shouldnt be tolerated.
One thing I've noted is how differently authorities respond to protests depending on who is doing the protesting.

When we had a bunch of yahoos protesting stay-at-home orders and wearing masks -- with their rifles on State Capital grounds -- there were no authorities in sight. At the time I remarked that if those armed protesters were Black, do you honestly believe that would have been the case? Low and behold, no violence resulted from the protests.

Contrast that with many of the peaceful Black Lives Matter protests which brought out armies of law enforcement in riot gear. You have to wonder whether the decisions to present armed confrontation (or not) play a role in the outcomes.

I actually disagree so it doesnt work here for me. There is enough racism in our country that it has a disparate impact on minorities. Not all cops are bad but it doesnt mean we shouldn't try to improve where we can.

So there’s no proof that there mass racism from police but since it exists in the country we’re going to fix something that’s unrelated. That doesn’t make sense

So there’s no proof that there mass racism from police but since it exists in the country we’re going to fix something that’s unrelated. That doesn’t make sense
There is evidince that the criminal justice system is harder on blacks than whites. That starts at the police level and goes through the parole system and post incarceration

One thing I've noted is how differently authorities respond to protests depending on who is doing the protesting.

When we had a bunch of yahoos protesting stay-at-home orders and wearing masks -- with their rifles on State Capital grounds -- there were no authorities in sight. At the time I remarked that if those armed protesters were Black, do you honestly believe that would have been the case? Low and behold, no violence resulted from the protests.

Contrast that with many of the peaceful Black Lives Matter protests which brought out armies of law enforcement in riot gear. You have to wonder whether the decisions to present armed confrontation (or not) play a role in the outcomes.
You just answered your own question but you're afraid to admit it.

Reactions: humanjerk

There is all kinds of evidence of blacks and whites being treated differently in our justice system, including police. If you honestly dont see that, then you simply arent trying to look.

I like how Shookster and Shook Chicken didn't even attempt to fake concern that BLM'ers are now invading churches to beat the shit out of people.

There is all kinds of evidence of blacks and whites being treated differently in our justice system, including police. If you honestly dont see that, then you simply arent trying to look.
There's also all kinds of evidence that black people commit crimes disproportionately compared to white people. Why do those statistics not matter but incarceration rates do? We keep going round and round on the statistics when we should take each case individually before forming an opinion, and limiting it to that individual case.

ADVERTISEMENT