ADVERTISEMENT

Aubrey Dawkins officially declares for NBA Draft

I wish him the best. Even if he doesn't make NBA he will have plenty of offers to play Pro ball. You can make a real good living in Europe.
Congrats Aubrey! I hope you achieve your dream and have long career whether its in the NBA, Overseas or G-League.

Heck, you can make $100,000 as a rookie in the G-League now. That’s good money still with a bachelors degree and no real job experience.

But I would have to say being a collegiate athlete is like a job these days. And studies have shown that college athletes are some of the most hard working and dedicated employees when they finally enter into the job market.

Reactions: UCFhonors
The center transferring from TCU was highly ranked as well as the kid from CC......could fill that gap if they live up to expectations. we will need guys like Bertz and Smith to step up in a big way. Time for CJD to earn his pay and make his mark....

Reactions: Knight Strength
The center transferring from TCU was highly ranked as well as the kid from CC......could fill that gap if they live up to expectations. we will need guys like Bertz and Smith to step up in a big way. ...

TCU Transfer Alok will not be eligible till mid Dec (has to sit out last Spring and this Fall semester) so he will miss out on most of the non-conf part of the schedule...so he has to hit the ground running come conf play.

While he sits in Nov/Dec...it will give a chance for others to make an impact (or not).

http://ucfknights.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&ATCLID=211786848

If he doesn't get drafted, can't he come back? I thought they changed that rule.
You’re allowed to declare, feel the waters out, and retract if you don’t like what you hear. However, Hiring an agent forfeits your remaining eligibility - and I believe Aubrey did exactly that.

You’re allowed to declare, feel the waters out, and retract if you don’t like what you hear. However, Hiring an agent forfeits your remaining eligibility - and I believe Aubrey did exactly that.

The rules have changed.

But, I'm sure Aubrey got solid advice before making the decision. In no way to I expect him to return.

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/N...me-back-to-school-if-undrafted-490390521.html

NCAA: Basketball players can hire agents, come back to school if undrafted

INDIANAPOLIS (WIBW) - In the wake of the FBI's investigation into college basketball, the NCAA announced some sweeping changes on Wednesday to try and respond to recommendations from its Commission on College Basketball.

Hiring Agents

One of the biggest changes includes allowing high school basketball prospects deemed as elite to hire agents. The NCAA's Board of Governors and Division I Board of Directors say the player can hire the agent by July 1 before their senior year in high school. According to the NCAA, USA Basketball will be judging if the players are elite or not.

College players may also hire an agent after any season if they've requested an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee. This committee provides information to possible early-entry players, like if they would be drafted and where they would be picked. All agents will need to be certified by the NCAA no later than Aug. 1, 2020 to represent either high school or college players. According to the NCAA, agents certified by the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) will be eligible.

Hiring an agent has been commonly thought of as a final step to declaring for the NBA Draft. While college players have had a deadline to withdraw their pro declaration, these new changes would allow those who went undrafted to return to school.

The NCAA states if a player has requested an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participated in the NBA Combine and gone undrafted, they can notify their athletic director of their desire to return to school by 5 p.m. on the Monday after the draft. This is pending an expected change from the NBA and NBPA, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season.

The rules have changed.

But, I'm sure Aubrey got solid advice before making the decision. In no way to I expect him to return.

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/N...me-back-to-school-if-undrafted-490390521.html

NCAA: Basketball players can hire agents, come back to school if undrafted

INDIANAPOLIS (WIBW) - In the wake of the FBI's investigation into college basketball, the NCAA announced some sweeping changes on Wednesday to try and respond to recommendations from its Commission on College Basketball.

Hiring Agents

One of the biggest changes includes allowing high school basketball prospects deemed as elite to hire agents. The NCAA's Board of Governors and Division I Board of Directors say the player can hire the agent by July 1 before their senior year in high school. According to the NCAA, USA Basketball will be judging if the players are elite or not.

College players may also hire an agent after any season if they've requested an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee. This committee provides information to possible early-entry players, like if they would be drafted and where they would be picked. All agents will need to be certified by the NCAA no later than Aug. 1, 2020 to represent either high school or college players. According to the NCAA, agents certified by the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) will be eligible.

Hiring an agent has been commonly thought of as a final step to declaring for the NBA Draft. While college players have had a deadline to withdraw their pro declaration, these new changes would allow those who went undrafted to return to school.

The NCAA states if a player has requested an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participated in the NBA Combine and gone undrafted, they can notify their athletic director of their desire to return to school by 5 p.m. on the Monday after the draft. This is pending an expected change from the NBA and NBPA, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season.
Interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

I really don't get all of the rebuild talk. We have a lot of talent coming back and new talent coming in. With what just went down at Cincy we should be playing for the conference title this year.

I really don't get all of the rebuild talk. We have a lot of talent coming back and new talent coming in. With what just went down at Cincy we should be playing for the conference title this year.

Bro can't leave a Cliffhanger like that.

UCLA hires Cincy Coach
https://247sports.com/college/cinci...s-Mick-Cronin-Away-From-Cincinnati-131044067/

To your point, Cincy and Houston were supposed to be on rebuilding years last year. And look at what they did. Compare that to Wichita who definitely was a rebuilding year. That is a big reason why UCF were preseason UCFavorites.

I'm super excited about next year. Terrell is excellent. Ceasar can be very good. I believe in Frank and love his hustle. At the 4 & 5 we should be deep and excellent. The only ? is the 3 spot.

We have room for another scholarship which I expect it will be transfer winger.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

UCLA hires Cincy Coach
https://247sports.com/college/cinci...s-Mick-Cronin-Away-From-Cincinnati-131044067/

To your point, Cincy and Houston were supposed to be on rebuilding years last year. And look at what they did. Compare that to Wichita who definitely was a rebuilding year. That is a big reason why UCF were preseason UCFavorites.

I'm super excited about next year. Terrell is excellent. Ceasar can be very good. I believe in Frank and love his hustle. At the 4 & 5 we should be deep and excellent. The only ? is the 3 spot.

Does the Cincy coach have to sit out for a year before he can coach?* NCAAssholes need to be consistent and realize these are men and women, not children, they are overseeing. If a player transfers, it is usually not too tough for a team. If a coach transfers the whole program gets turned upside down, but there is no punishment for that.

Does the Cincy coach have to sit out for a year before he can coach?* NCAAssholes need to be consistent and realize these are men and women, not children, they are overseeing. If a player transfers, it is usually not too tough for a team. If a coach transfers the whole program gets turned upside down, but there is no punishment for that.

What is the answer though. You can only hire unemployed coaches? Or you allow players to transfer at will, where the big schools can form super teams on a yearly basis.

As for Cronin, he coached Cincy for 13 years, 9 straight seasons in the NCAA tournament. Basically getting paid double to go to UCLA which is probably a wash based on cost of living, but I have to imagine UCLA is far more attractive living than Cincy. He deserved a shot at something new and potentially big.

Reactions: Ucfmikes and ahabmw

100! Completely agree.

UCLA hires Cincy Coach

The only news I break, is statue news....

What is the answer though. You can only hire unemployed coaches? Or you allow players to transfer at will, where the big schools can form super teams on a yearly basis.

As for Cronin, he coached Cincy for 13 years, 9 straight seasons in the NCAA tournament. Basically getting paid double to go to UCLA which is probably a wash based on cost of living, but I have to imagine UCLA is far more attractive living than Cincy. He deserved a shot at something new and potentially big.
I'm not saying coaches shouldn't be able to move. Players just need the same ability to move and play right away. The coach, who makes millions, can jump right in, but the free labor has to wait a year?

I'm not saying coaches shouldn't be able to move. Players just need the same ability to move and play right away. The coach, who makes millions, can jump right in, but the free labor has to wait a year?
Wishful thinking, but I would hope that lost year nudges kids to pick places they like and not just coaches they like. Bouncing around from school to school isn’t be beneficial for most of them study- and stability-wise.

Hidden gems like Ja Morant would end up playing at Duke, Kentucky, ect after 1 year. There would be a lot of tampering. Basically small and mid major schools would become minor leagues for the blue bloods.

Think UCF after 2017, you know how much poaching would have occurred as P5 schools put out offers to a team that just lost their head coach.

There is no good solution and opening up free agency in college would end up destroying the less established schools.

Hidden gems like Ja Morant would end up playing at Duke, Kentucky, ect after 1 year. There would be a lot of tampering. Basically small and mid major schools would become minor leagues for the blue bloods.

Think UCF after 2017, you know how much poaching would have occurred as P5 schools put out offers to a team that just lost their head coach.

There is no good solution and opening up free agency in college would end up destroying the less established schools.

The opposite happens now. Players transfer to lower schools not the other way around. This is because Blue Bloods get a constant influx of Blue Chips.

Didn’t we just get a big time transfer in both Football And basketball.

Transfer rules are to keep the Blue Blood happy and unaccountable for their irresponsible recruiting and talent hoarding.

The opposite happens now. Players transfer to lower schools not the other way around. This is because Blue Bloods get a constant influx of Blue Chips.

Didn’t we just get a big time transfer in both Football And basketball.

Transfer rules are to keep the Blue Blood happy and unaccountable for their irresponsible recruiting and talent hoarding.

We could have just the janitor of Addition Arena on the roster and Honors would still have us as the Top 4 in the AAC

"Not rebuilding"? Yea ok

:p

Losing Douglas, McSpadden and Allen will not change our season. We either will be good or suck anyway. Have 4 open schollys. We can get late qualifiers now or a few decent grad transfers. I’m optimistic until the season starts and we suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT