ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

Going to take Coach Harsin some time to overcome the talent deficiency Gus left us with… it’ll turn around. Gus’s game management will not. No worries, he’ll still get you 8-9 wins a year to keep your base happy for a while. He may even win a game or two more every third or fourth season.

pretending that losing to a top 10 team is the same as losing to Louisville lmao

Isn’t karma just wonderful? lol

Nah it's not karma. Just a good team on the road. I was so worried about how Bo Nix would play, and as I suspected, he wasn't great. For whatever reason on the road, it's just like that. Remember, that the majority of Auburn fans that come here like 3-4-5 or whatever are mostly trolling you. It's more disdain for Gus than UCF. A lot of us like 95%+ are pulling for UCF and Gus to do well. I started this account here when he was hired and have been nothing but supportive. Please don't let the 3 bad apples dictate your opinion of us lol!

FWIW I think we could lose 4 this season, but who knows we may only lose 2-3. Just depends. Playing in the SEC is rough lol.

pretending that losing to a top 10 team is the same as losing to Louisville lmao
Rankings don’t matter until the final AP poll of the season. Then and only then do you get to see what ranked teams you actually played and your record against those teams. You may win or lose to an unranked team who later finished ranked, and vice-versa. You may beat a ranked team in week 2 but that team later tanks and finishes unranked. You have to wait and see how it all pans out.

One of my most classic examples of this is the 1984 BYU team that won a Natty. They beat #3 Pitt in week 1. Pitt went on to finish 3-7-1. They were still touted as beating a #3 ranked team, which is ridiculous.

For example, in 2013 we went 2-1 against teams that finished in the top 15.

In 2017 we went 4-0 against teams that finished ranked in the top 25.

You’ll have a laundry list of seasons of this being as good as you’ve been for such a long period of time, in a conference where teams are constantly becoming ranked or being dropped from rankings.

Reactions: OtterKnight
Nah it's not karma. Just a good team on the road. I was so worried about how Bo Nix would play, and as I suspected, he wasn't great. For whatever reason on the road, it's just like that. Remember, that the majority of Auburn fans that come here like 3-4-5 or whatever are mostly trolling you. It's more disdain for Gus than UCF. A lot of us like 95%+ are pulling for UCF and Gus to do well. I started this account here when he was hired and have been nothing but supportive. Please don't let the 3 bad apples dictate your opinion of us lol!

FWIW I think we could lose 4 this season, but who knows we may only lose 2-3. Just depends. Playing in the SEC is rough lol.
Got no beef with Auburn. It was probably time to make a switch. 8 years at a place is a long run. We got the best coach (and staff) on the cheap (thanks for paying a lot of his salary for the next 4 seasons; along with Tennessee giving us money for our AD and coach). We’ve gone through three entire staffs in the last 6 years (4 in 7 years if you count 2015). That’s massive churn and our program handled it well (2021 is still TBD).

Nobody else is Bama. Every team has ups and downs. We have had a 17 game losing streak in the early 2000’s and an 0-12 season only 7 seasons ago. Every teams success or failure is mainly hitched to the QB position and we now have a complete unknown with that right now.

I can temper my expectations appropriately because I’ve had to live through all the ups and downs. Hang out. Have some healthy banter with us. It’s only a message board.

Agreed, painting an entire fan base with too broad of a brush based upon 2 or 3 pathetic losers would place the artist in the same precarious position as the subject of his scorn.

Reactions: OtterKnight
Rankings don’t matter until the final AP poll of the season. Then and only then do you get to see what ranked teams you actually played and your record against those teams. You may win or lose to an unranked team who later finished ranked, and vice-versa. You may beat a ranked team in week 2 but that team later tanks and finishes unranked. You have to wait and see how it all pans out.

One of my most classic examples of this is the 1984 BYU team that won a Natty. They beat #3 Pitt in week 1. Pitt went on to finish 3-7-1. They were still touted as beating a #3 ranked team, which is ridiculous.

For example, in 2013 we went 2-1 against teams that finished in the top 15.

In 2017 we went 4-0 against teams that finished ranked in the top 25.

You’ll have a laundry list of seasons of this being as good as you’ve been for such a long period of time, in a conference where teams are constantly becoming ranked or being dropped from rankings.
lot of gymnastics to pretend that losing to Louisville is comparable to losing to Penn State.

I must say,I have watched UCF play at Auburn twice and the experience there was great. Wonderful fan base and we were treated very well. My brother professes at Auburn and we talked about Gus and UCF. Like many have said , he thinks Gus could actually be a great fit for us especially since we don't have the outside pressures that Auburn coaches face.

lot of gymnastics to pretend that losing to Louisville is comparable to losing to Penn State.
Too early to make any final determinations on the quality of these teams. Louisville looked bad at Ole Miss, yeah. But Ole Miss looks incredible this year. They just beat Tulane by 40. It’s always tough to win on the road as well. Is Penn State really the #6 team in the country when all is said and done? Doubt it.

Playing in the SEC is a suicide mission. The schedule wears you down and the next thing you know you have two losses. Hey but the money is good.

Playing in the SEC is a suicide mission. The schedule wears you down and the next thing you know you have two losses. Hey but the money is good.

The money is good, but we've been in since the beginning. I appreciate all of the members who have joined but the money wasn't the reason we did. We founded it. We've had great seasons (6 claimed National Titles, could claim 11 National Titles, like the rest of the top programs do, but we don't) and we have had absolutely terrible seasons.

Also, moving forward I think UCF will be in great shape. The Big 12 is going to be underrated. I am personally looking forward to what the Big 12 will be once you, Houston, BYU, and Cincy get in. Top to bottom it will be really competitive and basketball will be insane! You'll be getting a great bump in pay as well.

I have been keeping up with UCF since the C-USA days. So it's been awesome to watch your program rise. UCF has become my #2 team. One of my Commanders from years ago when I was in the Army graduated from UCF and we talked about it often in the office. Then once Gus and T-Will were hired it solidified it for me.

I must say,I have watched UCF play at Auburn twice and the experience there was great. Wonderful fan base and we were treated very well. My brother professes at Auburn and we talked about Gus and UCF. Like many have said , he thinks Gus could actually be a great fit for us especially since we don't have the outside pressures that Auburn coaches face.

That's exactly why I am happy Greene went outside of the norms to hire Harsin. The "good ole boys" stuff is getting old. We'll give Harsin more than enough time to see what he can do.

ADVERTISEMENT