ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Pee Pee Gets Added for Oct 28th

We lost a P5 game, maybe, could have won, because of a stupid decision, and get a who cares? Well at least it's just this year, a year no one really expected that much, and someone like a Nebraska or other P5 fan base won't want a coach that makes that decision. If you think UCF fans had a fit over cancelling GT for no reason except because of a stupid decision, what do you think a rabid P5 team would have done?

Anyway, stupidity was done, no one learned from it, time to move on to Maryland.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
So we lost 1 game....i can live with that.

http://ucfknights.co/17AustinPeay

Austin is 1-2, losing at Cincy by 12, Miami of OH by 21 and beating Morehead State at home.
Ugh!!! Powerhouse Austin Pee. They finally won a game because they got their famous running game going after 3 years.

At least North Carolina AT & T is ranked

We should have scheduled Morehead, at least if they have hot cheerleaders, we wouid get our money's worth.

Last edited:

DKRiccUW0AEoUdp.jpg

Reactions: Miltonian
We lost a P5 game, maybe, could have won, because of a stupid decision, and get a who cares? Well at least it's just this year, a year no one really expected that much, and someone like a Nebraska or other P5 fan base won't want a coach that makes that decision. If you think UCF fans had a fit over cancelling GT for no reason except because of a stupid decision, what do you think a rabid P5 team would have done?
No, we replaced Maine with another FCS school. We lost GaTech. However, I doubt we would have held up well so early in the season with 3 of our 4 toughest games all in a row!

Reactions: Miltonian

Anyway, stupidity was done, no one learned from it, time to move on to Maryland.
Frost doesn't make those decisions.

Austin Peay wasn't thrilled about giving up their bye week, but Danny White offered them a day old bagel and half a can of Coke and they came a runnin.

They're as good as Maine. What's the problem. The real issue is the lack of a quality AAC conference.

They're as good as Maine. What's the problem. The real issue is the lack of a quality AAC conference.
Probably not as good. Who knows. I guess FCS is FCS.

Problem is we lost GT AND Maine. Wouid have been nice to replace the one game with at least a team in the middle as far as quality. Oh well. This chapter now is finally closed

Probably not as good. Who knows. I guess FCS is FCS.

Problem is we lost GT AND Maine. Wouid have been nice to replace the one game with at least a team in the middle as far as quality. Oh well. This chapter now is finally closed
No way to get an OOC game then! Everyone is playing conference games.
So typical of this forum. The AD somehow gets Memphis back and talks a school into playing here, add an extra game on its schedule, and giving up its bye week (these are non-scholarship players). And what thanks does he get?

No way to get an OOC game then! Everyone is playing conference games.
So typical of this forum. The AD somehow gets Memphis back and talks a school into playing here, add an extra game on its schedule, and giving up its bye week (these are non-scholarship players). And what thanks does he get?
Are you a season ticket holder Prof? Season ticket holders needed to get the games back to some degree or get compensation. Some (not me) may even make a case that they still do.

Now I need to thank the AD for DOING HIS JOB that pays $500,000-$600,000 a year? He and the athletic department are the ones who benefit the most from getting back the massive revenue lost by losing 2 home games.

Am I happy that we have an 11th game and a 6th home game? Yes

Am I thrilled with the opponent? Who would be?

FCS players don't get scholarships?

Last edited:
I saw an article that Florida State had a chance to drop Delaware State and play UCF due to Hurricane Irma effects. I emailed Danny White to ask if they were in discussion but never heard back. #missedopportunity

I saw an article that Florida State had a chance to drop Delaware State and play UCF due to Hurricane Irma effects. I emailed Danny White to ask if they were in discussion but never heard back. #missedopportunity

They would never do that after losing Francois for the season. They wouldn't be able to stomach a potential loss to UCF.

Why would they drop someone on their schedule and play someone who wasn't ? That's bad business. They could schedule us every year. They don't. They won't unless they have to because of hurricane either.

When has FSU showed any interest in playing us. I call this one Fake news.

Are you a season ticket holder Prof? Season ticket holders needed to get the games back to some degree or get compensation. Some (not me) may even make a case that they still do.

Now I need to thank the AD for DOING HIS JOB that pays $500,000-$600,000 a year? He and the athletic department are the ones who benefit the most from getting back the massive revenue lost by losing 2 home games.

Am I happy that we have an 11th game and a 6th home game? Yes

Am I thrilled with the opponent? Who would be?

FCS players don't get scholarships?

Oh, our AD scheduled this game? It has all the hallmarks of USF's AD. My bad.

Reactions: Mikesi

Agreed except with the part that this was SF decision. I think this was DW and JH

I would have took that in a minute and just lived with 5 home games over Austin Peay. UCF wouid have got paid and they could have passed some form of reimbursement to season ticket holders or not. Maybe free away game tickets. However was this even an option?

Last edited:
Austin Peay offers football scholarships. We wouldn't have scheduled them if they didn't because the win wouldn't have counted towards bowl eligibility. You're wrong again. Go take a lap.
Many of their scholarships are just a portion (percentage) of a scholarship. And at HBCU's, these are private with higher tuition. So commuting to a state school could still be cheaper than a partial scholarship that includes only a fraction of tuition and room and board.

after googlin austin peay, I see they just tore down their goal post after finally breaking the nation's longest losing streak. Sounds familiar!

You Sir, are a complete and utter a$$hole...You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Let me be clear, football takes a far distant second place when WE have an opportunity to support our military and first responders who are housed in tents away from their family and committed 24/7 in helping our neighbors and citizens during such critical times. Your shallow-minded comments clearly indicate you've never had to respond during a contingency operation (9/11, Katrina, Harvey, Irma) and experience the despair and tragic loses by others. It is a very sobering and humbling experience. Losing a P5 game because of a "stupid decision" made by our leadership is an incredible narrow minded viewpoint. Although I was bummed like everyone else, we DID THE RIGHT course of action in supporting our military and community, and putting our favorite past-time on hold for a week. I strongly support Dr. Hitt and Mr. Danny White's decision to forgo a P5 game, even if we had to miss a Saturday on our expense to help others in need. I wouldn't think twice if I was in charge. I hope you or your family never have to respond or undergo such a situation and being on the other side of the pendulum. Living out of state, I consider myself as a loyal UCF fan and my neighbors and friends back in FL know I bleed black and gold in my veins, but your a$$inine comment really make me question your character and mentality of the bigger picture in life.

GO KNIGHTS!

I'm starting that chant at the game. It may make ESPN's sportcenter
Like the old Aussie gourmet cooking show, Galloping Gourmet, who'd pick up this onion relative for his next ingredient and exclaim, "Now take a leek."

You Sir, are a complete and utter a$$hole...You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Let me be clear, football takes a far distant second place when WE have an opportunity to support our military and first responders who are housed in tents away from their family and committed 24/7 in helping our neighbors and citizens during such critical times. Your shallow-minded comments clearly indicate you've never had to respond during a contingency operation (9/11, Katrina, Harvey, Irma) and experience the despair and tragic loses by others. It is a very sobering and humbling experience. Losing a P5 game because of a "stupid decision" made by our leadership is an incredible narrow minded viewpoint. Although I was bummed like everyone else, we DID THE RIGHT course of action in supporting our military and community, and putting our favorite past-time on hold for a week. I strongly support Dr. Hitt and Mr. Danny White's decision to forgo a P5 game, even if we had to miss a Saturday on our expense to help others in need. I wouldn't think twice if I was in charge. I hope you or your family never have to respond or undergo such a situation and being on the other side of the pendulum. Living out of state, I consider myself as a loyal UCF fan and my neighbors and friends back in FL know I bleed black and gold in my veins, but your a$$inine comment really make me question your character and mentality of the bigger picture in life.

GO KNIGHTS!
Your argument only addresses half the excuse. Based on your post UCF could have just flipped the home and home and played in Atlanta just like UF and USF played last weekend. Campus could have been left for the NG

We lost a P5 game, maybe, could have won, because of a stupid decision, and get a who cares?

Uhhh.... Yeah.

Who do you expect us to be able to get in the middle of the season? Let's look at the criteria that have to be met:

1. Team has to have the week open or be willing and able to make it an open week. So go ahead and immediately eliminate everyone playing a conference game that week, because there's no cancelling those.

2. If they're free that weekend but already have a full schedule they have to be willing to cancel an OOC game, or they scheduled fewer than the max allowable number of games.

To be able to get someone to come AT ALL is a really great job on such short notice.

ADVERTISEMENT