ADVERTISEMENT

B-ball rolls Memphis

Need 3 more wins to really be comfortable getting an at large. That will put UCF with an RPI around 24. 2 more wins and RPI will be around 28-30 and depending on the NET may only be a 50/50 proposition.

They were predicting UCF as an 11th seed before this win

Disappointing attendance. Very good seats available for a reasonable price. Probably was a fun game to attend

Last edited:
i guess we got a bad batch with these current set of students when it comes to basketball.
They only seem to show up when they are bribed to be there with a free giveaway. They should be there in force next game. I think I saw that each student gets a free Nugget bobble head. I’ve even seen students get a free shirt and turnaround an leave!

They only seem to show up when they are bribed to be there with a free giveaway. They should be there in force next game. I think I saw that each student gets a free Nugget bobble head. I’ve even seen students get a free shirt and turnaround an leave!
That’s why they should have a shirt on seats. Then a bobble head as they leave after game is over.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Well I took people who have never been to a basketball game, and they had a blast. Kudos to the teams and to the fans in attendance.

That had to be the worse student attended game since school started for the spring semester. There had to been some event going on. Is it Spring Break?

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength

Yeah but they pay for that. I have no problem with a student who pays what $13 per credit hour for our athletics budget which is over $1k for an undergraduate degrees, get a free T-shirt. The UCFact is, most people don’t care about sports. We are the choosen ones.

Agree. Without student fees we would fail so I'm glad we give students something. I paid the fees and I hope we never reduce them even if we get a massive TV deal. I think its necessary for us to compete with schools who have an army of mega donors.

i guess we got a bad batch with these current set of students when it comes to basketball.
the current batch just doesn’t like Sports that much in general unless it’s hyped as an event. The Football Student section wasn’t at 100% capacity every game during 2 straight undefeated seasons.

We are in the headline.

Bracketology Bubble Watch: Oklahoma, UCF pick up critical wins for their tournament resumes

• Alabama was whooped up on by Florida in a critical game for the Crimson Tide, 71-53. One of these teams looked like a tournament team and it wasn't Alabama. The Gators, on the other hand, have revived their slim tournament prospects.
  • UCF is now in position to make a charge into the field with their next four games after beating Memphis 79-72. They start with a road trip to Cincinnati and end with a game at Houston.
    • Temple needed this one and they got it, outlasting South Florida 70-69 in overtime. The Owls still have to travel to Memphis and face UCF at home to end the season. Their other games are must win.

It’s bs that uf jumped 8 spots in the NET rankings from 40-32 for beating a crappy Vandy and Bama.

We are 40 in NET.

It’s bs that uf jumped 8 spots in the NET rankings from 40-32 for beating a crappy Vandy and Bama.

We are 40 in NET.

Control what you can control. Even if UF sucked, we still have work to do to make the tourney. I’m not worried about UF, more worried about cincy and UH.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Yes we can control who we play in next couple weeks. I’d still root for bubble teams to lose though.

Yep. I’m going to start playing attention to the teams ranked right around us. And hope they all lose.

I’m also rooting for Temple as we have a good win against them and they could be the AACs 4th team in the tourney.

Reactions: ahabmw
Control what you can control. Even if UF sucked, we still have work to do to make the tourney. I’m not worried about UF, more worried about cincy and UH.

uf is still a rival. I really want to do better than them this year.

ADVERTISEMENT