ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news

If he's freshman ready, let the Dillon Gabriel era begin now... The Milton era began this way somewhat and that turned out alright.
Sure, but let’s not forget that we were also very close to chasing Milton away from UCF completely (see fallout of Cure Bowl).

Similarly, I don’t see our fan base having patience if we start DG and go 2-2 to start the season. This team is good NOW and we should be playing whoever gets us the chance to win immediately - and It’s probably Wimbush rn.

If he's freshman ready, let the Dillon Gabriel era begin now... The Milton era began this way somewhat and that turned out alright.

It didn't work out great the first year, remember Cure Bowl? We could do that back then. Us National Champs are still on the national scene coming out party and can't afford a season like that.

Let's roll with both Wimbush and Gabriel in the first two games. Whoever looks best gets the start against Stanford. If it's Wimbush you could still save Gabriel's redshirt.

Mack put up 40.75 points/game in his games.

That's excellent news for Kyle Israel, he averaged 35.86 points/game in 2007 with a GOL offense. Incredible. Or you look at the actual stats and come to the conclusion that Mack did not attribute to many points outside of Memphis game.

ECU - 12/20 0 td 69 yards passing, 120 rushing 1 td, 1 fumble - 7 points
USF - 5/14 0 td 81 yards passing , 51 yards rushing - 0 points
LSU - 11/30 1 td, 1 int 97 yards passing, -3 rushing - 7 points

As far I can tell, his numbers outside of Memphis doesn't tell me 40 points a game kind of guy.

I personally would probably attributed those high producing scores to the running back that average 10+ yards per carry and scored 5 tds.

In four games Mack played, McCrae average 141 yards, 10.3 yards per carry, and had 6 total tds.

Last edited:
Sure, but let’s not forget that we were also very close to chasing Milton away from UCF completely (see fallout of Cure Bowl).

Similarly, I don’t see our fan base having patience if we start DG and go 2-2 to start the season. This team is good NOW and we should be playing whoever gets us the chance to win immediately - and It’s probably Wimbush rn.

Agree. Plus it would lead to "Recruiting is terrible" threads in February.

DG will make freshman mistakes, and everyone will have a heart attack when he takes off and runs. A lot of people forgot how many times Milton got nicked up through the years and was fortunate to escape anything serious until late in his junior year.

DG will make freshman mistakes, and everyone will have a heart attack when he takes off and runs. A lot of people forgot how many times Milton got nicked up through the years and was fortunate to escape anything serious until late in his junior year.
You could argue that MM getting injured in the UCONN game last season changed the way he played all year.

That's excellent news for Kyle Israel, he averaged 35.86 points/game in 2007 with a GOL offense. Incredible. Or you look at the actual stats and come to the conclusion that Mack did not attribute to many points outside of Memphis game.

ECU - 12/20 0 td 69 yards passing, 120 rushing 1 td, 1 fumble - 7 points
USF - 5/14 0 td 81 yards passing , 51 yards rushing - 0 points
LSU - 11/30 1 td, 1 int 97 yards passing, -3 rushing - 7 points

As far I can tell, his numbers outside of Memphis doesn't tell me 40 points a game kind of guy.

I personally would probably attributed those high producing scores to the running back that average 10+ yards per carry and scored 5 tds.

In four games Mack played, McCrae average 141 yards, 10.3 yards per carry, and had 6 total tds.
that ECU game was brutal to watch. till that goaline fumble that we scooped and scored I thought 'is this really happening'

we are down our top 2 and most experienced QB's, lets not just assume we are going to be blowing teams out to the extent that we can alternate third string QB's for the hell of it.
Um look at our schedule. FAMU and FAU should be blowouts. Wimbush threw for 249 and ran for 61 against Stanford last year. So I don’t think we will have problems moving the ball against USF, Memphis, Houston Tulsa, Tulane , UCONN or anyone else we may face in Conference.

Wimbush or die now. Just a shame that our only qb with experience would rather run than throw. Gotta hope he doesn’t take any big hits.
Are you related to the Wimbushes? I don’t get the fascination with a non-UCF nobody failure transfer. Just asking. Let’s go with a new UCF guy that hasn’t demonstrably failed for the past four years.

Reactions: KnightofCamelot
Glad Wimbush came onboard. We've got 3 who are healthy to start and 2 who are longshots to be healthy enough to start this year.

Um look at our schedule. FAMU and FAU should be blowouts. Wimbush threw for 249 and ran for 61 against Stanford last year. So I don’t think we will have problems moving the ball against USF, Memphis, Houston Tulsa, Tulane , UCONN or anyone else we may face in Conference.
What about Ball State? They are FAU

We've got a really good running team. Wimbush may fit it even with reduced passing efficiency.

I think Mack was the #1 guy. He destroyed Memphis after he settled down

I seriously doubt Wimbush is going to be accurate, but who knows.

We probably win the first 2 with anyone at QB
This sucks! Why does this crap happen! So much hype about the
QB battle going into camp.

The crazy thing about it is that Wimbush has to play good from the start. DJ may never see much playing
time this year if Wimbush plays well.

I was pulling for DJ with Wimbush
getting time also. Wimbush better
bring it!

Reactions: sideshow2313
Even if Wimbush didn’t come, I’d still be excited to have Quadry and Gabriel learn on the fly.
There will be more learning time for other QBs and Wimbush has a big RB body. We'll be ok. Best solution was always to have KZ back but that's not going to happen unless he's been taking steroids.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
This sucks! Why does this crap happen! So much hype about the
QB battle going into camp.

The crazy thing about it is that Wimbush has to play good from the start. DJ may never see much playing
time this year if Wimbush plays well.

I was pulling for DJ with Wimbush
getting time also. Wimbush better
bring it!
I would say that we are cursed, but we are down 2 QBs and probably won’t miss a beat

What college teams can claim that?

One of the 3 will rise up

I doubt that we have 3 duds at QB

Reactions: Knight Strength
Why are some crowing DG who hasn’t
won one college football game much less played one down of college football. We all love KZ but i feel like some people on this board are trying act like DG deserves special treatment when he hasn’t done anything yet.

I know he has a lot of promise and I’m excited about that. But until he proves it on the field against good competition I could care less that he knows KZ and that they went to same high school in Hawaii. You have to prove to me your the man before I give you that title.

If DG ends up being the stater this year we in trouble. He would need at least a full year to make all his mistakes like KZ and that was a 6-7 season. Ideally, I would like to see Wimbush start and play well. Then have Dillion get playing time but still redshirt this year. Then I’m hoping DJ
will be back by at mid season to challenge for the starting job again
or at the least be a good back up to
Wimbush if he starts to get banged up
midway into the season.

Reactions: ahabmw and Ucfmikes
Yeah.., a year later. Are you willing to tolerate another Arkansas State and Maryland game?

Especially after we have tasted Filet Mignon

Also, we may have had a better defense back then. Although a better run game now

I think Mack was the #1 guy. He destroyed Memphis after he settled down

I seriously doubt Wimbush is going to be accurate, but who knows.

We probably win the first 2 with anyone at QB
Mack was good and wimbush has had accuracy issues. Having said that, i think wimbush is better suited for our offense than the 3 yards and a cloud of dust notre dame runs. I envision his passer rating improving

Why are some crowing DG who hasn’t
won one college football game much less played one down. But until he proves it on the field against good competition I could care less that he knows KZ and that they went to same high school in Hawaii. You have to prove to me your the man before I give you that title.

If DG ends up being the stater this year we in trouble.
You say he has to prove it to you on the field but you’re not willing to let him out there on the field to prove it? That doesn’t make sense

Reactions: Endeavor.
hT0wI2fs_bigger.jpg

Brandon Wimbush is ready to secure the Bag, Per Sources

ADVERTISEMENT