ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news

Anyone else nervous about the team chemistry between Wimbush and the rest of the offense? Might be a factor for how well this team will perform.

Accuracy is accuracy. Holman never had it and BB never had it as a pro

KZ improved his accuracy tremendously, however he was a freshman. Can Wimbush all of a sudden became accurate? Anything is possible, but it’s unlikely

Not sure of any conventional offense these days that doesn’t require a QB to be accurate

Heupel requires his QBs to basically make NFL Type throws

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
You say he has to prove it to you on the field but you’re not willing to let him out there on the field to prove it? That doesn’t make sense
I’m not saying I don’t want him to play. I believe I specifically said that I want him to get playing time this year and they can even be meaningful minutes. But I still don’t want to blow a redshirt on a guy who has no experience and isn’t quite ready yet probably mentally and physically to be a full time starter.

If we didn’t have two other capable QBs who could win games then of course it we be a KZ freshman year ordeal. But we’re not in that boat this time. And I’m not knocking Justin cause he was a good UCF QB that cared about the program and did some good things while playing QB for us.

Look, if DG comes out and he’s clearly better than Wimbush or when Mack returns and the coaches believe he gives us the best chance to win every game then I fine with that. All I’m saying is I’m not mortgaging the QB position for DG this year if Winbush and Mack are just as good or better. Why would you run Mack off just to start DG. DG can redshirt and compete next year for the starting job.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Let’s see if these Notre Dame studs can actually play some football at this level. UCFast.

You guys wanted Rivals stars???

You guys wanted a 5.9 rated guy??

Now we have one, let’s see what he can do!!

Additionally, he has a chip on his shoulder

He transferred from ND to a G5 program after being run out of town by Book. Start Dillon G., kid is the goods.

I said two years and you showed me highlights from three games.
But really you help prove my point. Mack wasn’t accurate on the short passes either which is why I said DG would beat him out too
You are making way too much sense, stop it or you will be accused of all kind of nonsense by the forum spammers.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Rehabbing a busted leg and becoming a first time father while keeping up with a college school load sounds like a lot. How Mack responds to this adversity will be interesting to follow. From all accounts Wimbush is a mature leader and we know he can win football games at this level. Talk to me after the Cincy game about possibly starting Gabriel. If we're 3-3 heading into that bye week the whole picture changes.

which was the problem vs LSU. what happens when a good defense takes away the big plays? you gotta be able to have the accuracy and timing to make the quick 10 yard passes.
Personally, I think the biggest issue vs LSU was our inability to block some of their DL. Doesn’t matter how good (or bad) your QB is... it’s hard to have a good game when you’re under pressure and, conversely, having plenty of time in the pocket can make anyone look great.

We really missed Milton’s ability to buy time while under duress.

Th
Personally, I think the biggest issue vs LSU was our inability to block some of their DL. Doesn’t matter how good (or bad) your QB is... it’s hard to have a good game when you’re under pressure and, conversely, having plenty of time in the pocket can make anyone look great.

We really missed Milton’s ability to buy time while under duress.
Yes we did. I don't think it's as much buying time as it is his decision time is very fast and then he usually makes the right decision, even though the throw may not be perfect all the time. There were guys open underneath plenty of times. DJ just didn't see them, or he saw them but didn't have the confidence to try and make the throw. It was only his third start, in a big game against a really good opponent. Milton has enough experience to see that, and make the throw.

Th

Yes we did. I don't think it's as much buying time as it is his decision time is very fast and then he usually makes the right decision, even though the throw may not be perfect all the time. There were guys open underneath plenty of times. DJ just didn't see them, or he saw them but didn't have the confidence to try and make the throw. It was only his third start, in a big game against a really good opponent. Milton has enough experience to see that, and make the throw.
Agreed. There’s a lot of pieces to this. Milton had multiple plays against Auburn where he stepped around, stepped up, moved outside the pocket and completed passes including at least one touchdown that I remember. Like you said Mack was playing in his third start and wasn’t prepared to handle everything. Not necessarily his fault. The WRs and TEs didn’t do him any favors with drops. Also JH didn’t do him any favors by going away from McCrae running the ball (guy had like an 8 YPC average haha)

Agreed. There’s a lot of pieces to this. Milton had multiple plays against Auburn where he stepped around, stepped up, moved outside the pocket and completed passes including at least one touchdown that I remember. Like you said Mack was playing in his third start and wasn’t prepared to handle everything. Not necessarily his fault. The WRs and TEs didn’t do him any favors with drops. Also JH didn’t do him any favors by going away from McCrae running the ball (guy had like an 8 YPC average haha)
Milton was more dangerous on the move than in the pocket. That combined with a stellar backfield was a wicked combination. Mack had more threat to be a power type runner out of the pocket (when he held on to the ball). I think given the time off this summer Mack was going to be much more composed and confident, much like Milton did between his freshman and sophomore years. I think it is a real loss to have him gone. Despite what he did at ND Wimbush is an unknown at UCF. Just glad we have him.

A 2 million dollar a year defensive coordinator vs a freshman QB in his 3rd start, not enough running the ball, Wyatt Miller getting blown up, a freshman celebration, and a dropped TD pass

That’s all you need to know about UCF vs LSU in the 2019 Fiesta Bowl.

A 2 million dollar a year defensive coordinator vs a freshman QB in his 3rd start, not enough running the ball, Wyatt Miller getting blown up, a freshman celebration, and a dropped TD pass

That’s all you need to know about UCF vs LSU in the 2019 Fiesta Bowl.
That and it was balls cold.

I said two years and you showed me highlights from three games.
But really you help prove my point. Mack wasn’t accurate on the short passes either which is why I said DG would beat him out too
I think you call plays to your teams strengths. Mack can run and throw deep. So that was the play calls. Probably the same for Wimbush. RBs in flat or wheel routes if middle opens up. Quick slants take timing and accuracy. We have 8 weeks to get timing down.

Let’s see if these Notre Dame studs can actually play some football at this level. UCFast.

You guys wanted Rivals stars???

You guys wanted a 5.9 rated guy??

Now we have one, let’s see what he can do!!

Additionally, he has a chip on his shoulder
And let’s not forget that Brandon said in the Spring he wants to win a National Championship at UCF. I know we do have a NC but I’m sure Brandon was talking about winning one through the playoff system.

He put those expectations out there himself so let’s now see if he can live up to it and help us go undefeated again.

Accuracy is accuracy. Holman never had it and BB never had it as a pro

KZ improved his accuracy tremendously, however he was a freshman. Can Wimbush all of a sudden became accurate? Anything is possible, but it’s unlikely

Not sure of any conventional offense these days that doesn’t require a QB to be accurate

Heupel requires his QBs to basically make NFL Type throws
But Wimbush was accurate enough to be 13-3 at Notre Dame. I will take that given that this is really a bridge year.

But Wimbush was accurate enough to be 13-3 at Notre Dame. I will take that given that this is really a bridge year.
Yeah., but he was BENCHED. The record does not tell the whole story.

I mean geez. Look at this line vs Ball State
When was the last time you saw this from a UCF QB?

B. Wimbush 17/31 297 9.6 0 3 21.0

Vs. Vanderbilt

B. Wimbush 13/23 122 5.3 0 0 67.9

Not good!

A 24-16 win and a 22-17 win vs 2 crappy teams

Remember, Notre Dame went to the CFP with Ian Book

Wimbush MAY be a star at UCF, but he was not a world beater at Notre Dame.

Honestly, IMO. Mack > Wimbush

Notre Dame’s offense might not have been the right fit for Wimbush. Hopefully, our offense is a great fit and he and the team achieve great things. I also heard, without researching, that Notre Dame had a much more difficult schedule the year Wimbush started as opposed to the year Book started for Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT