ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news

I mean geez. Look at this line vs Ball State
When was the last time you saw this from a UCF QB?

B. Wimbush 17/31 297 9.6 0 3 21.0

Vs. Vanderbilt

B. Wimbush 13/23 122 5.3 0 0 67.9
In terms of raw numbers, prolly the cure bowl. IN terms of how bad it felt, prolly @ECU with Mack.

Doubt we will ever know for sure who would have been the better of the two for UCF given Mack’s injury.

Yeah., but he was BENCHED. The record does not tell the whole story.

Vs. Vanderbilt

Not good!

A 24-16 win and a 22-17 win vs 2 crappy teams

Remember, Notre Dame went to the CFP with Ian Book

Wimbush MAY be a star at UCF, but he was not a world beater at Notre Dame.

Honestly, IMO. Mack > Wimbush
The last time we saw a line like that was the last game UCF played. Milton had a 3 INT game vs SC State.

In terms of raw numbers, prolly the cure bowl. IN terms of how bad it felt, prolly @ECU with Mack.

Doubt we will ever know for sure who would have been the better of the two for UCF given Mack’s injury.
The only difference is those games by MM and Mack were as Freshmen

A little concerning by Wimbush after at least a year of playing full time

Those Ball State Numbers are bad

0 TDS and 3 INTs

Vs. Vanderbilt

ECU - 12/20 0 td 69 yards passing, 120 rushing 1 td, 1 fumble - 7 points
USF - 5/14 0 td 81 yards passing , 51 yards rushing - 0 points
LSU - 11/30 1 td, 1 int 97 yards passing, -3 rushing - 7 points

Mack didn't throw as many picks, but his stats lines were very underwhelming.

have brought this up multiple times but the Mack vs Milton 'freshman' comparisons are not equal. Milton was a True Freshman that didn't get On Campus till June/July before the season joining an 0-12 Program with a terrible Oline and no depth or experience in the skill positions in a transition into a completely different offensive system.

Mack was a Redshirt Freshman so he had a full calendar year of college practices, adjustment to college, weight program, film room, and watching game speed in person from the sideline. Yes he had a coaching change but the transition from Frost to Heupel's system is not as drastic as GOL to Frost.

The only difference is those games by MM and Mack were as Freshmen

A little concerning by Wimbush after at least a year of playing full time

Those Ball State Numbers are bad

0 TDS and 3 INTs
Hope Heup let's the QB play to their strengths. I'm sure he will but that SC State game was ugly. Of course I know Milton was hurt so nothing wrong with protecting him.
I could be wrong but I'm assuming the FAMU game, for the QB position, will be looked at as an accuracy test.

Anybody on this site remember how dangerous Flowers from USF was and his completion ratio was around 50+ percent. I believe Wimbush will be more dangerous than Flowers with the WRs we have. A bunch of doubting Thomas's on this site?
think part of that reaction by some is bc he played at a Tradition Rich 'Name' Program. I get the skepticism but you are right that he could be comparable to Flowers. That's fine as long as those same fans aren't talking up Quadry Jones.

Reactions: ahabmw
I am on the Bush bandwagon.......there is a very good chance he is gonna be better than Flowers* and if that is the case it is another NY6 or bust!

:cool2: #BushBandwagon

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
I know, right. :joy:

When he plays like Flowers, I will kneel down and worship him! Until then, he’s just another bush
I give he plays better than Flowers. Flowers was one of the most inconsistent QBs I've ever seen. Talented dude, but couldn't pass most games.

Anybody on this site remember how dangerous Flowers from USF was and his completion ratio was around 50+ percent. I believe Wimbush will be more dangerous than Flowers with the WRs we have. A bunch of doubting Thomas's on this site?
Highlights look like hes a better runner than Flowers

Yeah., but he was BENCHED. The record does not tell the whole story.

Vs. Vanderbilt

Not good!

A 24-16 win and a 22-17 win vs 2 crappy teams

Remember, Notre Dame went to the CFP with Ian Book

Wimbush MAY be a star at UCF, but he was not a world beater at Notre Dame.

Honestly, IMO. Mack > Wimbush
Just win baby!

I heard Marc Daniels this week say that this is one of the best offensive lines in years at UCF

With McCrae, Anderson, Killins and company, we probably rush for 3,500-4,000 yards. With a running QB, it’s probably not going to be the end of the world if we have a QB who’s passing accuracy isn’t stellar

I trust that Heupel will call plays to maximize the QBs strengths and hide their weaknesses

From Stanford's 247 site:
Things are from peachy for UCF, who lost its projected starting quarterback. Derrick Mack, Jr. broke his ankle, and according to 247’s Jason Beede, who included a statement from the Knights in his coverage of Mack, Jr.’s injury: “Quarterback Darriel Mack Jr. suffered a broken ankle from non-football related activity this week and there is no specific timetable for his return," head coach Josh Heupel wrote in a statement shared by the UCF Football Twitter account.

"He will not be available for training camp," the statement continued. "We hope Darriel has a speedy recovery, but we are excited about the talent we have in the quarterback room to start the season."

Laughed at "Derrick".

From Stanford's 247 site:
Things are from peachy for UCF, who lost its projected starting quarterback. Derrick Mack, Jr. broke his ankle, and according to 247’s Jason Beede, who included a statement from the Knights in his coverage of Mack, Jr.’s injury: “Quarterback Darriel Mack Jr. suffered a broken ankle from non-football related activity this week and there is no specific timetable for his return," head coach Josh Heupel wrote in a statement shared by the UCF Football Twitter account.

"He will not be available for training camp," the statement continued. "We hope Darriel has a speedy recovery, but we are excited about the talent we have in the quarterback room to start the season."

Laughed at "Derrick".
We SHOULD beat them. Revenge for 2015.
I fully expect a Raucous packed house and a win. I’m sure they will be game planning for our weaknesses. Expect them to run it heavily

If we are to be a top program, after 2 games we should be good enough to beat a top half PAC-12 team at home.

They have a few nice tuneup games to watch before they play us

Glad they didn’t pussy out. Props to them!

Reactions: Knight Strength
Sure, but let’s not forget that we were also very close to chasing Milton away from UCF completely (see fallout of Cure Bowl).

Similarly, I don’t see our fan base having patience if we start DG and go 2-2 to start the season. This team is good NOW and we should be playing whoever gets us the chance to win immediately - and It’s probably Wimbush rn.

It is difficult to start as a true freshman. The speed of the game is big. Not sure how that guy from Clemson did it.:):sunglasses:

Reactions: Endeavor.
Just an FYI about broken ankles. Again NOTHING IS KNOWN ABOUT THE EXTENT OF THE INJURY.

However, let’s not compare a broken ankle with an Achilles year or any knee injury. The healing time is fast, but the recovery time to play high level football is not nearly as quick

You can expect most ankle fractures depending on how severe they are, to take 4-8 weeks for the bones to heal completely and up to several months to regain full use and range of motion of the joint. More severe fractures, especially those requiring surgical repair, may take longer to heal.

Just an FYI about broken ankles. Again NOTHING IS KNOWN ABOUT THE EXTENT OF THE INJURY.

However, let’s not compare a broken ankle with an Achilles year or any knee injury. The healing time is fast, but the recovery time to play high level football is not nearly as quick

You can expect most ankle fractures depending on how severe they are, to take 4-8 weeks for the bones to heal completely and up to several months to regain full use and range of motion of the joint. More severe fractures, especially those requiring surgical repair, may take longer to heal.
I think he broke small bone in lower leg as well as some tendons. Could be a bit longer.

ADVERTISEMENT