ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball has a transfer IN…

I guess we can expect a team reshuffle after every season with this new transfer policy in effect. Will be interesting if Coach Dawkins can make it work.

Go Knights!

I guess we can expect a team reshuffle after every season with this new transfer policy in effect. Will be interesting if Coach Dawkins can make it work.

Go Knights!
Hasn’t seemed to help. He had a bunch of older guys and returnees this past year and not enough winning. If they don’t make tourney next year he has to sign the best recruiting class ever to stay.

UCF had a visitor and potential transfer in Orlando recently. Anthony Harris (UNC) was a former four-star/top-ten PG (Rivals) from the ‘19 class. He’s had injuries plague him, has never really made an impact in Chapel Hill. Also, had to play behind Cole Anthony (‘19) and Caleb Love (‘20, ‘21).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm under the impression that tall guys in the 7 foot range normally take some time to develop their game. So getting big guys in the transfer portal could payoff.

I'm under the impression that tall guys in the 7 foot range normally take some time to develop their game. So getting big guys in the transfer portal could payoff.
Depends. Alot of the 7 footers are used as the under basket, rebound guy growing up. As a result, they never develop ball-handling or shooting skills. The ones who can do everything go to Duke or Kentucky

Hope the new players are decent. Played in Bahamas a few years ago when team was at least respectable.

Sorry to say, this basketball program is in shambles. In basketball, UCF in the Big 12 will be what Kansas is in football.

Sorry to say, this basketball program is in shambles. In basketball, UCF in the Big 12 will be what Kansas is in football.
I don’t think it will be that bad but not too far off. Probably just like what we are in AAC. Go to tourney every fifth year or so.

ADVERTISEMENT