ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting Thread

His dad is literally the Director of Player Development for UCF MBB. UCF needs to get this done.
Let’s hope but Not every player wants to play where Dad is at. Dawkins only played 1 year for Dad and had 1 more year left but he left. He wanted NBA or overseas but money wasn’t an issue for his family. Let’s hope we get best players available. Who is he leaning towards if not us?

Reactions: Endeavor.
I believe J.D. Davison is at the top of Alabama's point guard list. I'm not sure what is going on with Providence but Ed Cooley is a good recruiter

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I got a message that says "fumble looks like this page has been moved or deleted"
It’s not showing for me either now. Just had him explaining why he chose the final 3. Listed his main recruiters. He liked Bamas fast pace, coaches said he’d fit right in at Big East Basketball and UCF doesn’t have a true point guard so he’d get immediate PT. Mentioned his Dad but he won’t go to UCF because of that and his family will back whatever decision he makes. He said final decision will be based on PT and getting to the League.

We updated the Rivals150 for the 2021 class today. I'm not allowed to talk about the rankings until they publish. The other day when I made my "Don't be stunned if, before the class of 2021 rankings are finalized next spring, Johnson is ranked among the Top-25 point guards in his class" post was about as close as I can come to talk about a prospect's rankings before they are published.

Fulls Rivals150 Rankings

Btw...

RIVALS RANKINGS WEEK
Monday:
Rivals150 for class of 2021
Tuesday: Position rankings for class of 2021 | Roundtable
Wednesday: Team rankings storylines for class of 2021
Thursday: Rivals150 for class of 2022

Alex Fudge is dropping his top-10 list on Friday.

I knew this was being thought about. But didn't know he was ready to put a date to it. Lots of UF chatter around this kid's recruitment but he plays things very close to the vest. Right now, I think there will be 3 Florida schools on his list: UCF, UF and Miami

Btw, Fudge is no longer the No. 1 SF in Florida. Josh Minott, out of St. Andrews School, leap frogged him in the class of 2021 rankings update. Minott has verbally committed to Memphis.

I knew this was being thought about. But didn't know he was ready to put a date to it. Lots of UF chatter around this kid's recruitment but he plays things very close to the vest. Right now, I think there will be 3 Florida schools on his list: UCF, UF and Miami

Btw, Fudge is no longer the No. 1 SF in Florida. Josh Minott, out of St. Andrews School, leap frogged him in the class of 2021 rankings update. Minott has verbally committed to Memphis.
Minott played well in recent tourneys and is the talk of South Florida. The real S Florida.

Fudge will announce his top 10 on his Instagram Account at 7 p.m.

Are you the guy in those Captain Obvious commercials? Just messin' with ya. 😉
Really is a great get. LET'S GO KNIGHTS!
Yea, you found me out. 😃 My philosophy in sports has always been you can't win the big games without a good QB in football and in Basketball a good PG.... They are the field generals that make the magic happen.

Reactions: Drew-C-F
Yea, you found me out. 😃 My philosophy in sports has always been you can't win the big games without a good QB in football and in Basketball a good PG.... They are the field generals that make the magic happen.
i don't think the PG is the equivalent of a QB when it comes to team building. the field/floor general aspect is where the comparisons should end.

Reactions: Knightro20
College basketball teams are usually as good as their point guard play is. I think the last five seasons of UCF basketball is a very good example of that.
I think if you have a dominant player at any position in college it is a difference maker. Any PG could dribble up and pass to shaq.

I think if you have a dominant player at any position in college it is a difference maker. Any PG could dribble up and pass to shaq.
Not really. Having a dominant player like Shaq, in your example, is awesome. However, if you can't get the ball to that player, his ability to dominate is neutralized.

Have you forgotten the UCF game against West Virginia? UCF struggled to get the ball across half court on the way to 27 turnovers.

Not really. Having a dominant player like Shaq, in your example, is awesome. However, if you can't get the ball to that player, his ability to dominate is neutralized.

Have you forgotten the UCF game against West Virginia? UCF struggled to get the ball across half court on the way to 27 turnovers.
We haven’t had many dominant players. UCF is a bad example. Look at top 10 players drafted in last 10 years that weren’t PGs and see if their PG played in NBA. I’d say most did not. I’m sure most of their teams were pretty good too.

We haven’t had many dominant players. UCF is a bad example. Look at top 10 players drafted in last 10 years that weren’t PGs and see if their PG played in NBA. I’d say most did not. I’m sure most of their teams were pretty good too.
UCF is a great example.

In the past five seasons the best seasons for the Knights were when BJ Taylor was healthy and Terrell Allen spent time at point guard. Allen and had a high assist rate. Allen's transfer to Georgetown really hurt UCF last season.

Good point guard play is important in college basketball. If a program mis-evaluates a big man it hurts. If a program mis-evaluates a PG it can set the program back a couple of years. Unless you get really lucky in the transfer market.

UCF is a great example.

In the past five seasons the best seasons for the Knights were when BJ Taylor was healthy and Terrell Allen spent time at point guard. Allen and had a high assist rate. Allen's transfer to Georgetown really hurt UCF last season.

Good point guard play is important in college basketball. If a program mis-evaluates a big man it hurts. If a program mis-evaluates a PG it can set the program back a couple of years. Unless you get really lucky in the transfer market.
Allen was terrible at Georgetown. We only made tourney 1 time with BJ. How important was he? Tacko was more of a factor. Name every dominant player at their position and a greatnPG wasn’t needed. It doesn’t hurt. QB is more important on a 22 player team than PG at 5 player team. Conversely you can have a great PG and not win a lot of games. It doesn’t correlate like QB does in football.

Allen was terrible at Georgetown. We only made tourney 1 time with BJ. How important was he? Tacko was more of a factor. Name every dominant player at their position and a greatnPG wasn’t needed. It doesn’t hurt. QB is more important on a 22 player team than PG at 5 player team. Conversely you can have a great PG and not win a lot of games. It doesn’t correlate like QB does in football.
Allen shouldn't have transferred to Georgetown.

Yes, UCF only made the tourney 1 time with BJ...the season that he wasn't injured and played really well.

I never said BJ made UCF great, was a dominant player or that PG is the equivalent of a QB. I'm not even debating those points. That is an argument you seem to be having with yourself.

Again, what I said was is that college teams are are usually as good as their point guard play is.

Usually. Not always. Usually.

Sure, there are exceptions. Like if a team has a dominant player. Having a dominant player is great. Which I said before.

I didn't watch G'town play last season, so I'm gonna ask you guys this. Why do you say he was terrible when his stats show him to be the same or better in most categories than when he was at UCF?

anyway I would take the best wing in the world and a mediocre point guard over the best point guard in the world and mediocre wing. the all world wing is a cheat code because more times than not they can run the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT