ADVERTISEMENT

basketball

SimpleJack53

Bronze Knight
Oct 23, 2018
what are we going to do now? our Womens team may be able to rise up and be competitive.

This BIG 12 mens schedule we need starting quality players coming of the bench! Even good players will get crushed playing these teams day after day. Guys have a huge task in-front of them this year and next.

what are we going to do now? our Womens team may be able to rise up and be competitive.

This BIG 12 mens schedule we need starting quality players coming of the bench! Even good players will get crushed playing these teams day after day. Guys have a huge task in-front of them this year and next.
Women are in worse shape. They lost every single good player and recruiting has not been good.

We’re definitely going to get spanked for a few years. We really haven’t put any real efforts into upgrading our support for BB. I know FB is the $ driver but we don’t want to become known as everyone’s practice squad. Cincinnati and Houston will both be competitive quickly. I think we should take a serious chunk of the first year’s B12+ $ and invest in the men and women’s BB programs. This will also require obtaining more NIL dollars but if we can become competitive more $ will come as well as national recognition for the university. My personal thoughts on coaches (which are worth just a little more than SFU’s chances of moving up!) are that we need a younger, up and coming coach that’s had success at a lower level. We won’t be in the running for any successful coach that’s currently coaching a P5 program. Just don’t think JD is the man to move us forward.

Last edited:
yes but we should talk about it.

will we get more recruits just by being in the conference with Kansas, Baylor, Zona? We did a little when we played UCONN in conference.

Recruits this recruiting cycle apparently didn't care at all. The writing is on the wall for Dawkins, until he goes I doubt any big recruits want to come in only to see a coach change that may want to clear house.

we actually have a pretty nice college basketball arena but if you point out Dawkins should recruit better you get the usual response to not expect better so that is why it is not discussed

Recruits this recruiting cycle apparently didn't care at all. The writing is on the wall for Dawkins, until he goes I doubt any big recruits want to come in only to see a coach change that may want to clear house.
Exactly G. It didn't do a damn thing! Dawkins = Gone in 1 to 2

If only JD brought in a lottery pick…oh wait…never mind…I think we give him two more years and see what he does. When does his contract end?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT