ADVERTISEMENT

BC and Tommy Cast on now vs FSU

Gus didn’t throw him away. TC was inpatient and wanted to play. BC had no one, so that was his way to play sooner. Portal is the nature of the business in CFB and the coaches need to pick the best option to win now.

Gus didn’t throw him away. TC was inpatient and wanted to play. BC had no one, so that was his way to play sooner. Portal is the nature of the business in CFB and the coaches need to pick the best option to win now.
Gus played a 5th year player that was mediocre over essentially a red shirt freshman (if it wasn't burned) that put up equal to better stats than Plumlee ever had.

This was after claiming the QB position was up for grabs, then by spring game even though Plumlee was away playing baseball while Castellanos was out there everday, Plumlee only came in at the end of the game and was mediocre it was 100% determined Plumlee was the starter.

Gus played a 5th year player that was mediocre over essentially a red shirt freshman (if it wasn't burned) that put up equal to better stats than Plumlee ever had.

This was after claiming the QB position was up for grabs, then by spring game even though Plumlee was away playing baseball while Castellanos was out there everday, Plumlee only came in at the end of the game and was mediocre it was 100% determined Plumlee was the starter.
Loyalty to this guy may eventually cost Gus his job
giphy.gif

I didn’t think Castellano had a future at Ucf, but he sure looks good now. Boston College, Fresno State n Oregon have to be happy with their quarterbacks Ucf not so much yet.

Reactions: UCFsbarro
I’d like to think so, but the knee jerk contract extension would say otherwise. As long as Terry is in control of hiring and firing, I think Gus will be able to cruise with 7-5 / 8-4 seasons.
probably right

selling out every game will have Terry think UCF fans are just ‘happy to be here’ and are ok w 7 wins and Boca or Gasparilla Bowls every year

probably right

selling out every game will have Terry think UCF fans are just ‘happy to be here’ and are ok w 7 wins and Boca or Gasparilla Bowls every year
I’d attribute joining a new conference and finally playing nationally known teams every week as the reason why ticket sales have been good.

This season should be Gus’s time to shine and prove whether he can lead this program to success, but with a new lease on life, we’re stuck with him whether win or lose.

Reactions: Yaes
I’d like to think so, but the knee jerk contract extension would say otherwise. As long as Terry is in control of hiring and firing, I think Gus will be able to cruise with 7-5 / 8-4 seasons.
8/9 wins in our first few years in the Big 12 is ok with me. 7 years down the road we may have to think otherwise. TM has given everything to GM to succeed and GM was a good hire at the time, in a few years we will determine if a change is needed. We have a very talented team at every position but qb. I hope KJ proves me wrong.

Reactions: Yaes and UCFsbarro
If we finish 7-5 or worse then the pitchforks are warranted! Until then chill TF out.

No Gus forcefully burned his redshirt and had him ride the bench so JRP can play baseball and run himself into injury for the second year in a row

Then we had to watch Timmy McClain who was at the helm of the worst team in the FBS but Gus thought yea thats the QB i want

Now we have KJ who throws even worse than DJ U, but yea TC wanted to be the future of UCF, we recruited him at QB when other schools tried to force him to be a RB

Then we ruined it. We went from KZ and DG to a carousel of the worst QBs imaginable under Gus as he chases the ghost of Cam Newton

Losing TC is on him and his terrible mismanagement of the QB position that he has continuously done going back to his entire tenure at Auburn

Last edited:
No Gus forcefully burned his redshirt and had him ride the bench so JRP can play baseball and run himself into injury for the second year in a row

Then we had to watch Timmy McClain who was at the helm of the worst team in the FBS but Hus thought yea thats the QB i want

Now we have KJ who throws even worse than DJ U, but yea TC wanted to be the future of UCF, we recruited him at QB when other schools tried to force him to be a RB

Then we ruined it. We went from KZ and DG to a carousel of the worst QBs imaginable under Gus as he chases the ghost of Cam Newton

Losing TC is on him and his terrible mismanagement of the QB position that he has continuously done going back to his entire tenure at Auburn
Absolutely nailed it.

signing these QBs that have no NFL future and know that this is their last payday and they don't give a F because the check cleared was one of my biggest worries about relying on them.
most cycles there will probably be 1-2 that are worth pursuing but the rest may be a waste of money vs what you can just recruit and develop

most cycles there will probably be 1-2 that are worth pursuing but the rest may be a waste of money vs what you can just recruit and develop
i honestly don't think a 5th year senior (from a power conf) will ever be worth pursuing because if they were good enough they wouldn't be leaving their current spot to go a learn a new system. the 1-2 that are worth pursuing will probably be sophomores and maybe a junior. even cam at miami, i don't see it. florida isn't very good so he's being overrated right now.

i'm glad we just straight up claimed that natty and didn't cry about who we're going to sue and then whine and whine like FSU did. the whole program turned into a bunch of pussycats over the offseason. georgia curbstomped them and they still started this season ranked 10th and now look at this trash.

Gus is trusting the coaching of QBs from other coaches over his own. Consistently. That should tell us all we need to know about his QB coaching. He isn’t a good one. Bring in Ryan Schneider to coach QBs. Maybe even KZ. He was coached by the older crazy guy here and that worked for him.

Although I love Hinshaw, the jury is still out. I’d love to see Schneider or KZ coaching at UCF….but I think JRP improved as a passer last year due to Hinshaw’s coaching…especially once JRP got healthy.

A good QB coach makes a huge difference. Charlie Taffee was one…. if not the biggest coaching addition of the O’Leary era and took our offense and passing game to the next level.

It's interesting how much we get excited about Tommy Castellanos. He went 10/16 for 106 yds in passing....

You interestingly forgot to add the 14 carries for 73 yards and 3 total TD's .... plus he had less turnovers vs FSU than KJJ had against NH.

Poopoo'ing (pun intended) those who play Monday Morning QB I get.... but downplaying the effectiveness Castellanos played with last night is something I don't. Dude looked super poised, matured, and like a Kyler Murray-lite last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT