ADVERTISEMENT

Be Best

CommuterBob

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
Stuck in traffic
Melania's new campaign to help kids...

...except it's plagiarized from a 2014 Obama-era policy.

Poor grammar aside, this is a fine idea.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that this is clearly plagarized or the fact that this campaign designed to reduce cyber bullying is sponsored by someone whose husband is arguably the biggest cyber bully in the world right now.

Truly amazes me how utterly incompetent this entire admin is.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that this is clearly plagarized or the fact that this campaign designed to reduce cyber bullying is sponsored by someone whose husband is arguably the biggest cyber bully in the world right now.

Truly amazes me how utterly incompetent this entire admin is.
Is it truly plagiarized though? Or is it a rebranded government campaign with a new spokesperson?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Is it truly plagiarized though? Or is it a rebranded government campaign with a new spokesperson?

She's passing it off as her own, pretty much the definition of plagiarism. Almost every first lady has had their own campaign that they champion, I guess its not really a rule but its assumed you come up with something near and dear to your heart to tackle. It just makes it look half assed and fake if you just blatantly rip off a past program.

It’s not like she is profiting from it . She’s trying to help deal with a serious issue . But the hypocritical leftist cheerleaders can’t see that . They always dig for something to criticize

You don't have to profit from something for it to be plagiarism. I agree its a good issue to tackle, which is I think its hilarious and sad that her husband is one of the worst offenders.

Plagiarized campaign + massive amounts of hypocrisy = justifiable outrage

She's passing it off as her own, pretty much the definition of plagiarism. Almost every first lady has had their own campaign that they champion, I guess its not really a rule but its assumed you come up with something near and dear to your heart to tackle. It just makes it look half assed and fake if you just blatantly rip off a past program.

You don't have to profit from something for it to be plagiarism. I agree its a good issue to tackle, which is I think its hilarious and sad that her husband is one of the worst offenders.

She spoke about this from day one that she was going to do it. I am not a blind defender of Trump or anyone else but this is just not something to make a big deal out of imo. I might be wrong but in my view the purpose is simply to help folks. I see it differently

I think it's a way better campaign to change already crappy school cafeteria food to something kids won't eat at all.

Yeah, the obseity epidemic is NBD.

They are both very important programs. One is just shrouded in hypocrisy.

I guess I didn't get the impression that she was passing it off as her own from that single tweet that I read. I don't know much about the intelligence of our current first lady but Michelle Obama was/is one seriously smart woman.

This is just a rebranded government campaign with the current first lady as the spokeswoman.

I guess I didn't get the impression that she was passing it off as her own from that single tweet that I read. I don't know much about the intelligence of our current first lady but Michelle Obama was/is one seriously smart woman.

This is just a rebranded government campaign with the current first lady as the spokeswoman.

And that's fine, it's absolutely an important campaign in this day and age, maybe she should cite her sources and work on her name calling bully husband as her #1 priority.

It's the latter, but considering that it's the only piece of collateral published upon the announcement of the campaign, and that Melania inserted an introduction into it that does not acknowledge the history or origin of the document, it seems like plagiarism.

EDIT: It was initially presented on the WhiteHouse.gov page as "by Melania Trump"
https://web.archive.org/web/20180507191803/https://www.whitehouse.gov/bebest/
"Parents, click here to read “Talking with Kids about Being Online,” a booklet by First Lady Melania Trump and the Federal Trade Commission."

Which was later edited to say what it says now, as "a Federal Trade Commission booklet, promoted by First Lady Melania Trump."

Last edited:
So plagarsim is OK as long as it's done by a woman?
Goddamn you are not an intelligent person. Pick your battles.
Only a MSM spewing fool would call this plagerizing.

I could go through endless administrations who re-adopted the previous administration's policies under a new name.

I'm getting rather tired of the MSM lambasting Ms. Trump, merely because of her husband. I didn't like it when right-wingers did it to Ms. Obama either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT