ADVERTISEMENT

Beating or pounding LOUISVILLE at home for our second game is key to

Revenge game for Bowser.

Yes, their Qb was a WARRIOR. Last year was Great game to watch until the final minute.

There will be a lot of Loserville support from Brevard County as the RB is from Rockledge High School.

Just checked ticket availability and was surprised there are a ton of tickets available. I'm sure that will dry up closer to date. I don't think people are aware yet that football season nears! Tomorrow night (thurs) Jags vs Raiders NFL preseason.

We will have to do what we historically cannot.....neutralize a running QB and keep him in the pocket. Maybe consider a smaller, faster defensive unit in clear passing situations.

Our defense was drastically better after that louisville game. We ahould be able to play man coverage and spy their qb with our Knight position. Having someone like Hunter at DT can impact their ability to run up the middle

I've heard home field advantage doesn't mean anything...
ucf-bounce-house-ucf-bounce.gif

Not sure I agree :)

Our defense was drastically better after that louisville game. We ahould be able to play man coverage and spy their qb with our Knight position. Having someone like Hunter at DT can impact their ability to run up the middle
Was it drastically better though? Against good QBs/offense (Cincy/SMU) the defense gave up 500-700 yards of offense. They did better against Florida, but Florida did still rush for 200+ yards averaging 6.8 a carry, and of course Navy had no issue running the ball.

Louisville should put up at least 21 points with an offense that is returning almost everyone.

The short rest and travel for them should make the difference. Without those, I think the game would be very scary.

We will have to do what we historically cannot.....neutralize a running QB and keep him in the pocket. Maybe consider a smaller, faster defensive unit in clear passing situations.
Or just bring everything we have! No Rush, but high tight pressure. Hands in his face and the bounce house yelling down his throat! :cool:

Was it drastically better though? Against good QBs/offense (Cincy/SMU) the defense gave up 500-700 yards of offense. They did better against Florida, but Florida did still rush for 200+ yards averaging 6.8 a carry, and of course Navy had no issue running the ball.

Louisville should put up at least 21 points with an offense that is returning almost everyone.

The short rest and travel for them should make the difference. Without those, I think the game would be very scary.
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL WOZ.....now that's reality!

I would argue that in the smu and cincy games defense held up initially and then once the consistent MK 3 and out drives started to mount, the defense wore out rapidly

Our defense gave up 34 to NAVY the very next week lol.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I would argue that in the smu and cincy games defense held up initially and then once the consistent MK 3 and out drives started to mount, the defense wore out rapidly
I don't remember the defense standing up against them early. Cincy outscored us 35-7 in the first half.

I don't remember the defense standing up against them early. Cincy outscored us 35-7 in the first half.
At smu they did. We got better as year went on, especially at end. Boise st torched us early too. This was a 5-7 Louisville team for a reason, but people on here are acting like were lining up against Bama

At smu they did. We got better as year went on, especially at end. Boise st torched us early too. This was a 5-7 Louisville team for a reason, but people on here are acting like were lining up against Bama
As the year went one we were playing teams with a combined 1 FBS win.

In terms of dual threat QBs, Louisville's is the best this team saw last year or will see this year. Something that has been problematic for the defense in the past. Gus would take Malik in a nanosecond. Most publications have him as top 10 for QBs in 2022.

Yes and really more than that. We only gave up 7 points when Navy actually had to drive the length of the field. Most of their points were scored on drives less than 50 yards.
That game was so frustrating. We had some good drives but at times we couldnt move the ball and kept giving Navy the ball at our 40.

In terms of dual threat QBs, Louisville's is the best this team saw last year or will see this year. Something that has been problematic for the defense in the past. Gus would take Malik in a nanosecond. Most publications have him as top 10 for QBs in 2022.
Great Woz speaks again! That 5-7 ACC Loserville record means nothing! They are a good team and we have a new defense. Offensively we may out score them but defense will be the key in this game. They are a better team this year, We'll have home field advantage. But it's early and this will be a real test for us! We need an "OVERPACKED" bounce house! :)

Reactions: Knight Strength
Wow, you are confident. The Stanford was like that too. But, I gotta ask......a little wager here bee? :)
ps: I used to let the hype get to me a lot. Now I'm more realistic.
Were at 63% fpi to win. Ill take the bet. It is year two of T-Will’s system with a loaded secondary and improved Dline. We will have plenty of film to watch from last years contest and we will be playing with a chip on our shoulder at home.
UCF 37-17

Were at 63% fpi to win. Ill take the bet. It is year two of T-Will’s system with a loaded secondary and improved Dline. We will have plenty of film to watch from last years contest and we will be playing with a chip on our shoulder at home.
UCF 37-17
Same prediction regardless of which QB plays?

UCF 37-17
OK, Bee, Ice Cold beer bet, where do you sit? :) ....I need to hand deliver you an Ice Cold beer hopefully! :) Or I'll send the beer guy over!

Reactions: Knight Strength
UCF 37-17
Same prediction regardless of which QB plays?
Lose by 20 if MK plays whole game

ADVERTISEMENT