ADVERTISEMENT

Beckton and Walters to Nebraska

If I had to guess Beckton was waiting to see if Walters got the HC job and that is why he didn’t go with the first wave of defections. Willing to give CJH the benefit of the doubt here and say he may have had a foot out the door already and got a nice salary bump to move with Frost and a system he was familiar with from the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
That'd be awesome, but what would Walters going for? DC?

I'm guessing Troy will be OC in a couple of years or until an ideal HC position comes up. I'm thinking Frost might I have used this as a way to convince Beckton to go to Nebraska. Heupel might have someone already in place for the OC position at UCF.

Sucks, doesn't it? In the end, we are all in it for ourselves. How many of us look online for other jobs while at work? 100%? We are all the same.
I haven't looked for a new job in 16 years and don't plan to. I love my job and will retire from it so you can take me out of that 100%

Reactions: ucflee
If Beckton is going to be OC at UN, then I'm happy for the guy. I can't fault a guy who has coached every position on the offense at UCF for some 20 years if he leaves for a promotion. I really think TW is going to be a HC and I think he should take the jump. Until then, he is my Interrim Coach and I am happy he will wait until after the bowl game to announce his plans.

I'm guessing Troy will be OC in a couple of years or until an ideal HC position comes up. I'm thinking Frost might I have used this as a way to convince Beckton to go to Nebraska. Heupel might have someone already in place for the OC position at UCF.
Troy is already the OC. Nebraska going to have 3 OCs? Makes little sense. Frost calls the plays. That's why Walters isn't even being considered for a good HC or any other P5 OC position. Patti even said Walters isn't really HC material. Good coach, not a HC though.

Troy is already the OC. Nebraska going to have 3 OCs? Makes little sense. Frost calls the plays. That's why Walters isn't even being considered for a good HC or any other P5 OC position. Patti even said Walters isn't really HC material. Good coach, not a HC though.

Doesn't make sense Beckton taking the Nebraska job with a salary increase of 50k before state income taxes.

We pay great for a G5 school especially with the excellence fund. It’s near the top, but it’s just never going to match what a P5 school can pay.

Reactions: KMF-UCF
You mean Walters. He calls plays for a few years and comes back to Orlando.

Marc says Beckton's main goal is to be the head coach of UCF and he indicates this in the podcast. Many head coaches in G5 especially in the AAC were either DC's or OC's in the P5 previously. I'm guessing Frost offered Beckton an incentive to coach in Nebraska by offering the OC position when it becomes open. Remember his salary in NU will be 50k more than the salary Heupel offered which is not that much if you take in consideration of the state income tax in Nebraska.

I'm guessing Frost offered Beckton an incentive to coach in Nebraska by offering the OC position when it becomes open. Remember his salary in NU will be 50k more than the salary Heupel offered which is not that much if you take in consideration of the state income tax in Nebraska.
This is the most likely scenario. Everyone needs to calm down

Marc says Beckton's main goal is to be the head coach of UCF and he indicates this in the podcast. Many head coaches in G5 especially in the AAC were either DC's or OC's in the P5 previously. I'm guessing Frost offered Beckton an incentive to coach in Nebraska by offering the OC position when it becomes open. Remember his salary in NU will be 50k more than the salary Heupel offered which is not that much if you take in consideration of the state income tax in Nebraska.

It’s $140 more. I think Beckton missed the train on being a HC. Let Nebraska be our farm system for future coaches. Walters calls plays for 2-4 years and when Heupel leaves, we bring Walters back.

It’s $140 more. I think Beckton missed the train on being a HC. Let Nebraska be our farm system for future coaches. Walters calls plays for 2-4 years and when Heupel leaves, we bring Walters back.
I doubt we ever hire Walters as HC. Patti said he isn't HC materiel.

Reactions: Mikesi

Did a breakdown between Heuple's offer of 350k and Frost's offer of 400k at smartasset.com. After-tax income in Orlando is $242,524. In Lincoln it is $251,730.

Orlando: https://smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes#2RrJfmi9VW

Lincoln: https://smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes#sx7R4aVKwu

Reactions: Mikesi
I thought Beckton is making more than 150k at Nebraska.
Anyways like Beckton, but if he wants to be taken more seriously than a position coach someone needs to make a wikipedia page for him. #justsaying

Beckton got a 160K raise to go to Nebraska, however reportedly UCF offered him a 110K raise to stay. He was making 240K and Nebraska is paying 400K.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT