ADVERTISEMENT

Benghazi: New, objective book 10 years later

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
As a person who seeks objective, non-partisan accounts, this one just made my list.

QUOTE: _'... for Chorin, domestic politics is what weaponized Benghazi... "By making it about scoring political points rather than trying to fix a broken system ... all the domestic politics at play: the upcoming 2012 presidential election, the controversy over what sparked the attack (no, it was not an anti-Muslim video) ... investigations failed to answer some basic questions — like ... why the embassy used local militias to protect the U.S. consulate in Benghazi...'_

Sounds like everything wrong with the US now... and how we failed to serve the memories of those who died, so it doesn't happen again. And no, it's both parties, including the clearly fraudulent talking points the CIA wouldn't sign-off on that launched ten investigations by 'the other team' that actually uncovered very little.**

**Sadly,
the only major thing uncovered was the unrelated fact, after further, private investigations, why the US State department was repeatedly compromised via a repeatedly hacked, insecure, private server, and why State's own network security was ordered to be disabled, over years ... which is another discussion, with criminal prosecutions still on-going at State.

As always, some get have 'get out of jail free' cards, while the small fry are expendable. Oh the sad irony! It's like we never address the original issue in every investigation, and 'non-connected' people are wronged, greatly wronged.

Frankly at this point, what difference does it make?
Lessons learned ... seriously, we're not, and that's what this non-partisan book is about. We're repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again.

My nephew was in the Marines from 12-16 and in 2013 he spent a year in lovely Benghazi. He was a machine gunner and urban tactical driver. He drove important dignitaries around Libya in protected motorcades by day and by night stood watch to defend the compound. He told me that place is completely lawless when the sun goes down.well it was in 2013.

I don't know if we could have prevented the attack Benghazi but our response during it was atrocious. We did nothing. Looking back at it , our government used the attack to justify getting rid of Old Colonel Muammar Gadaffi. Side note, if you run the entire joint why would you limit your rank to colonel ? 😆.

The movie 13 Hours is based on the book Tonto Poronto wrote after slugging it out for 13 Hours. If you have not seen it , you should . It accurate and based on the experience of somebody who was there in the thick of it.

The movie 13 Hours is based on the book Tonto Poronto wrote after slugging it out for 13 Hours. If you have not seen it , you should . It accurate and based on the experience of somebody who was there in the thick of it.
It was a very good movie starring John Krasinski. Thumb's up!

My nephew was in the Marines from 12-16 and in 2013 he spent a year in lovely Benghazi. He was a machine gunner and urban tactical driver. He drove important dignitaries around Libya in protected motorcades by day and by night stood watch to defend the compound. He told me that place is completely lawless when the sun goes down.well it was in 2013.

I don't know if we could have prevented the attack Benghazi but our response during it was atrocious. We did nothing. Looking back at it , our government used the attack to justify getting rid of Old Colonel Muammar Gadaffi.
And it's a good example of political grandstanding, even 'getting out in front of things.' As I said, I just added this book to my list.

Side note, if you run the entire joint why would you limit your rank to colonel ? 😆.

I have, and I have the book too. And I have read the political apologists too.

ADVERTISEMENT