ADVERTISEMENT

Best pizza place in Orlando area?

UCFRogerz

Golden Knight
Apr 20, 2007
Along the same vein as the burger thread. I swear to God that if someone puts Pizza Hut I'll cut a bitch.

Here's my top 3, probably because they are in my area.

1. Caffe Positano in Apopka
2. Anthony's Coal Fired
3. Christopher's in Sweetwater/Longwood area

Originally posted by btbones:
Anthony's coal Fired
Flippers in lake Mary
Papa joes a distant third but still way better than most

Posted from Rivals Mobile
+1000 for Anthony's Coal Fired by the Altamonte Mall.

Paradiso on Goldenrod
Del Dio on Colonial near the Sports Authority

Originally posted by UCFRogerz:
Along the same vein as the burger thread. I swear to God that if someone puts Pizza Hut I'll cut a bitch.

2. Anthony's Coal Fired
I must have exact opposite criteria for pizza then you. I live in the same area and (in my own biased opinion) Positano is below average, Anthony's coal fired was average and never tried Christopher's, but I will now.

I'm a HUGE fan of Special T in Longwood by 434 and Markham Woods.
Anthony's on Rock Springs and Welch used to be fantastic no it's so-so.

I always like to have a backup to my main so I'll hit up Christopher's, thx for tip.

I haven't heard anything positive about the Coal Fired place from anyone until you and other posters put it in this thread, maybe it warrants a re-visit.

I brought lunch, and dammit, now I want pizza.

Anthony's coal fire is good, but I wouldn't call it NY style...I go just to see picture of my man crush
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I really like papa Anthony's on 434 across the street from Seminole State...very good NY style (For florida), a little expensive...

I would kill for a good Chicago place...

I may have mixed up Positano and Christopher's on my list, those are our two go-tos for different reasons. Christopher's for delivery, Positano for sit-down. Anthony's Coal Fired is listed since it is the whole package, good pizza, good atmosphere, and good beer.

I'll have to give Special T and Vinny's a try, you two other Apopka/Longwood dwellers. I think I had the anthony's on rock springs once. we never had it again so it must have been meh.

fat man here......

Chicago style if not closed, was Giordano's near Disney.. Actually one of the best in Chicago is in Orlando!!
It was good enough, i drove 50 min to get it!! ok, fat guy theory proven?

Also Best Pizza, is Ragazzi's in College Park, and Brick & Fire Pizza..

Never had bad pizza at Goodfellas on colonial and alafaya.. but those 2 are better..

Also I had it once, I forget where it is..

Bornx Pizza.. I remember it was north of the airport, off Conway?

There is a new place that opened a few Central Florida locations called Jets Pizza. They make a deep dish. I thought it was good. It's not nearly as good as the deep dish I had in Chicago or San Francisco-- but it was alright for the price.

Reactions: UCF_Video
Originally posted by PatrickUCF:
"Pie Fection" in the Metrowest area

Its definitely not bad. Im pretty sure that entire strip mall is owned by Brazilians now. No problem with that except 1 went there one time for dinner and there were like 4 families (louder than new Yorkers) each with 3-4 kids running around and screaming...I know parents are allowed to take your kids out but damet control them...

2. Anthony's Coal Fired
You must be my neighbor.

i will echo the Anthony's Coal Fired choice, but the Diavolo from Prato is the best i've had in orlando.

Originally posted by UCFchris:

2. Anthony's Coal Fired
You must be my neighbor.
It seems that there a few of us in the same general area.

Anthony's is legit.

Giodorno's in Buena Vista when I am down near the attractions and missing Chicago. Waiting 30 minutes for a pizza is a bit much these days, but oh so worth it.

So, if a friend is visiting east Orlando for the day, and I want to get them pizza...but making it kinda cheap, is Lazy Moon a good choice? Personally, I like them for the vegan cheese.

Anthony's coal Fired
Flippers in lake Mary
Papa joes a distant third but still way better than most
Are you referring to the Papa Joes in Waterford? If so, that used to be one of my favorite pizza places, unfortunately it closed and is now a fresh to order or something along those lines.

Best NY style Ive had is Valdiano in Winter Park.
I also really like Carmela's in Longwood
Is the Valdiano in Baldwin Park still there? Last I saw it was under new ownership and they changed the name but it was still great.
Paradiso on Goldenrod
Del Dio on Colonial near the Sports Authority
I've read great things about Paradiso, really want to check it out.

And yes Lisa, Lazy Moon is a good place to take somebody. $4 for a bigass slice with a good beer selection. I had to laugh at your comment effer, I'm a huge fan of Jets but the so called deep dish at those places are just loads of dough and that's it. Giordanos is a legit Chicago style place and it's awesome, just sucks that you have to wait 45 minutes for it.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Mellow Mushroom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT