ADVERTISEMENT

Best QB situation in Florida

Who voted for the Miami QB? He is an athlete, but one of the worst passers I have ever seen. They lost to Pitt last year because he couldn't hit wide open receivers.

UF being included is pretty funny. You could replace them with literally any other Florida school and they would have a better argument.

Who voted for the Miami QB? He is an athlete, but one of the worst passers I have ever seen. They lost to Pitt last year because he couldn't hit wide open receivers.
and Richt is going to start him again this season. He is going to waste so much talent there

There are really two ways to look at this: 1) Barring injury, we have the best starting QB but the backup is a complete unknown. 2) I actually would go with FSU as the best situation. You've got two guys, Francois and Blackmon, that have started for essentially entire seasons. If one guy goes down they at least have an experienced backup.

There are really two ways to look at this: 1) Barring injury, we have the best starting QB but the backup is a complete unknown. 2) I actually would go with FSU as the best situation. You've got two guys, Francois and Blackmon, that have started for essentially entire seasons. If one guy goes down they at least have an experienced backup.
Yes , situation means top 2 guys. FSU does. Best QB is us.

FYI, UCF has been in the same sentence as those other teams for a while. USF is as well as much as some would like to deny.
Yes, but USF's competition has been very lackluster in comparison.

Nice to be listed in the same sentence as FSU, Miami and Florida.

I really think we should setup a fund to buy a billboard downtown talking about this... maybe say something like “welcome to the big 4 club”...

Who’s with me?

IF MM gets hurt we are totally screwed. You hear nothing about the backups whatsoever. I think we win only about half of our games at the most, right?

Yes, but USF's competition has been very lackluster in comparison.

Maybe so, but they are nationally respected. Quite honestly, up until last year probably moreso than UCF was, right or wrong.

IF MM gets hurt we are totally screwed. You hear nothing about the backups whatsoever. I think we win only about half of our games at the most, right?

That would be my biggest concern. If KZ goes down, even for just a game or 2, what are the options? Not at all sure that Vedral would have been a go-to either, but who are the backups? Its no secret that KZ is the lynchpin of the offense so defenses are going to be targeting him.

That would be my biggest concern. If KZ goes down, even for just a game or 2, what are the options? Not at all sure that Vedral would have been a go-to either, but who are the backups? Its no secret that KZ is the lynchpin of the offense so defenses are going to be targeting him.
He’s put on some weight and muscle for durability, but make no mistake about it. If he goes down, it’s pretty much over. That’s a fact. Armageddon. It’s a scary thought.

Reactions: Knight Strength
He’s put on some weight and muscle for durability, but make no mistake about it. If he goes down, it’s pretty much over. That’s a fact. Armageddon. It’s a scary thought.

He does seem to be the kind of player who can avoid the worst part of impacts, so he's got that going for him.

Reactions: Mikesi
He does seem to be the kind of player who can avoid the worst part of impacts, so he's got that going for him.
Yes, and our offensive line is good. He doesn’t take a lot of sacks or take on contact running the ball

Maybe so, but they are nationally respected. Quite honestly, up until last year probably moreso than UCF was, right or wrong.
No, sorry, that ended after the Fiesta Bowl. After that, it was totally changed.

You're thinking of the 1 year we sucked, 2015, when USF got more credit ... in recent history. But they have accomplished nothing.

Reactions: KnightNJ
It's pretty much the same result for any college team.

Alabama can overcome. Maybe Clemson and a couple others. FSU proved their backup wasn’t ready.

They can overcome not just because they might have a serviceable backup QB but mostly because with the P5 bias, they can loose some games and still be ranked high enough to have a good season. Unfortunately we have to have a damn near perfect season to be relevant

They can overcome not just because they might have a serviceable backup QB but mostly because with the P5 bias, they can loose some games and still be ranked high enough to have a good season. Unfortunately we have to have a damn near perfect season to be relevant
Yep. That’s about sums it up. Perfect, not near perfect :grimace:

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Yes, and our offensive line is good. He doesn’t take a lot of sacks or take on contact running the ball

There will be at least 3 new starting OL/TE this year (getting Colubiale back for an extra year will help) and while many are talented, one never knows how 5-6 players will get together as a unit.

Reactions: Knight Strength
There will be at least 3 new starting OL/TE this year (getting Colubiale back for an extra year will help) and while many are talented, one never knows how 5-6 players will get together as a unit.
Jordan Johnson, Wyatt Miller and Jake Brown are all back.

All those 3 started nearly every game and Hudanick was a 2015 and 2016 starter until injures. Started 2 games last year.

If the one player didn’t tear up his knee, this would be a scary unit with Elarbee

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormthecourt?
We will know more about the backup QBs after the 1st home game when we play fcs team and KZ only plays 1st half. Ideally, we would have a backup that could win 1 or 2 games against lesser (< .500 winning percentage) competition. A major injury early on puts us into 6-6, 7-5 territory.

Jordan Johnson, Wyatt Miller and Jake Brown are all back.

All those 3 started nearly every game and Hudanick was a 2015 and 2016 starter until injures. Started 2 games last year.

If the one player didn’t tear up his knee, this would be a scary unit with Elarbee
Basically you’re replacing Dickey and Jackson with Boudreaux and a healthy Hudanick. Seems like an upgrade.

Then you’re replacing a LT who played second half of the year with back pain with a guy who dominated a top SEC pass rusher. Seems like an upgrade as well

No, sorry, that ended after the Fiesta Bowl. After that, it was totally changed.

You're thinking of the 1 year we sucked, 2015, when USF got more credit ... in recent history. But they have accomplished nothing.

I'm talking about how Leavitt brought them from literally nothing to a #2 BCS ranking in just a few years. Speaking as an outsider, up until last year people around the country didnt necessarily view UCF as a program that could attain elite status, which the rankings show. Its stupid because both programs are pretty similar in a lot of ways but USF was first to the party, and have always made splash hires since Leavitt was forced out.

ADVERTISEMENT