ADVERTISEMENT

Bianchi basically trashed us for click bait

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Sadly, UCF is now just an average, run-of-the-mill, non-Power 5 program

I would post the article, but there might be copyright laws. It might be in the Dungeon

This is what I meant about the importance of winning all the time in the AAC. Heck if Bama, LSU, Ohio State and Clemson can sustain why can't we start one?
Its pathetic that in the midst of our conference doing the best overall in years, we're fighting for the middle of the road status. Please let's not return to 0-12 next year. Thanks.

He's not wrong. When you are in a G5 league with inherent advantages over every other Program in that league but maybe Houston 8 wins should be considered a bad year. And going 1 out of 2 when you have to play a Power 5 team two weeks in a row doesn't help

Reactions: GoKnights2003
We are average until we prove otherwise. This season we are an average team. I hope we won’t be next season and things line back up for an amazing run.

He's not wrong. When you are in a G5 league with inherent advantages over every other Program in that league but maybe Houston 8 wins should be considered a bad year. And going 1 out of 2 when you have to play a Power 5 team two weeks in a row doesn't help
True. But he's still a shithead. Just saying.

Reactions: ucfcracker
I have questions for Heupel THIS time

like why he put his freshman QB right back in the game after getting his bell rung?

“You felt he gave us the best chance to win”. Right coach?

I have questions for Heupel THIS time

like why he put his freshman QB right back in the game after getting his bell rung?

“You felt he gave us the best chance to win”. Right coach?
Heup should get plenty of blame but the Head Athletic Trainer should get equal blame or even more

how does she not see that hit and grab his helmet to consider putting him in the concussion protocol? That takes it out of the Coaches hands

Heup should get plenty of blame but the Head Athletic Trainer should get equal blame or even more

how does she not see that hit and grab his helmet to consider putting him in the concussion protocol? That takes it out of the Coaches hands
Same story in Fiesta when Connors blew up the LSU QB on an INT return.

This is what I meant about the importance of winning all the time in the AAC. Heck if Bama, LSU, Ohio State and Clemson can sustain why can't we start one?
Its pathetic that in the midst of our conference doing the best overall in years, we're fighting for the middle of the road status. Please let's not return to 0-12 next year. Thanks.
Let me add it's not enough we have a 2 year winning streak, it needs to be longer. It has to be to the point that when we finally lose we are already a very very established program.
At the very least, go with the players that made your 2017 and 2018 run special. We had one or two years of that left with Wimbush, Mack and KZ likely returning in 2020. Next year when KZ returns will be like Case Keenum returning for Houston in 2011 except UCF didn't have to rely on the future that soon.,

Sadly, UCF is now just an average, run-of-the-mill, non-Power 5 program

I have mixed feelings. I know he does it for click bait but also it might help motivate by embarrassing our coaches and players. Maybe it will inspire them to play better. You have to admit when we lose to a 2-7 team, that wouldn't even rise to a run of the mill team...at least for that game. The Pitt game was a harbinger of things to come if we didn't improve. And guess what we? We didn't improve and everyone is improving.

I have mixed feelings. I know he does it for click bait but also it might help motivate by embarrassing our coaches and players. Maybe it will inspire them to play better. You have to admit when we lose to a 2-7 team, that wouldn't even rise to a run of the mill team...at least for that game. The Pitt game was a harbinger of things to come if we didn't improve. And guess what we? We didn't improve and everyone is improving.
Well said! And Bianchi used that to HIS advantage. If I may say, never gain from someone else's loss so to speak.

No mixed feelings here... I think he’s spot on with the article. We suck. DG is playing like crap in these losses. Coaching might be an issue but QB play is the reason we’re not the team we were.

if we have a coaching issue, it’s playing a true freshman QB instead of more experienced players who are ready for the stage. Hopefully next year we turn this around.

No mixed feelings here... I think he’s spot on with the article. We suck. DG is playing like crap in these losses. Coaching might be an issue but QB play is the reason we’re not the team we were.

if we have a coaching issue, it’s playing a true freshman QB instead of more experienced players who are ready for the stage. Hopefully next year we turn this around.
Agreed. His article is spot on. In fact I think he got a lot of it from this board. Hes not a hometown boy, hes a s###head gator fan that uses us. But agreed.

You play a freshman QB even with his talent of delivering passes to his receivers, he will run into a wall.
Wrong situation coach. To be nice, you gambled your faith in a rookie when you had plenty of time to install him in a no-pressure situation with KZ and the 2017-2018 kids gone.
Credit to DG though as he rarely forced passes this year, but when he did...Tulsa happened.

Also...

“Power 5 conferences don’t have discussions about expanding to add 7-4 teams.”

Like when the Big ten took a 6-7 Rutgers and 7-6 Maryland team in the same year...

or the ACC took a 6-7 Pitt...

ADVERTISEMENT