ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 team preview: Is Oklahoma State in the best position to become the Big 12’s biggest football brand?

Oklahoma State returns 11 starters on offense — Gordon presumably won’t miss any games, despite some legal issues stemming from being charged with driving under the influence and transporting an open container of an alcoholic beverage — and 10 starters on defense.

Oklahoma State returns 11 starters on offense — Gordon presumably won’t miss any games, despite some legal issues stemming from being charged with driving under the influence and transporting an open container of an alcoholic beverage — and 10 starters on defense.
At the Big XII media days, Gundy actually DEFENDED his star RB by saying he was 'just over' the legal drinking limit and added, "I've probably done that myself hundreds of times." This from a veteran head coach representing a major state university for crying out loud!!!! Talk about embarrassing your school.

At the Big XII media days, Gundy actually DEFENDED his star RB by saying he was 'just over' the legal drinking limit and added, "I've probably done that myself hundreds of times." This from a veteran head coach representing a major state university for crying out loud!!!! Talk about embarrassing your school.
I’m not sure how he got away with saying that. For punishment he said he’s going to hand him the ball 50 times in first game. I get that having 2 beers and driving an hour later happens a lot but it’s still dangerous and people have been killed when that happens. It’s not a good look. MADD hasn’t responded?

The headline is kind of misleading. Headline makes you think about who might be in position to become a long term staple at the top of the conference. The article is just about the upcoming season.

The only reason UCF is not mentioned right along with Utah, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Arizona as potential new kingpins in the conference is that UCF is only entering it's second year as a member of the P4. UCF actually has as much potential as any other school in the B12 and more than most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT