ADVERTISEMENT

Big time! UCF e-sports wins a competition

This is about as pointless from a sports perspective as our robotics, accounting, cheerleading (yes, I said it), waterskiing and paintball championships.
We have accounting championships?

Also, cheerleading? You don't like cheerleaders? Ok.........

This is about as pointless from a sports perspective as our robotics, accounting, cheerleading (yes, I said it), waterskiing and paintball championships.

My definition of a “sport”has always been - you have to keep score (no judges), you have to be able to play defense to directly thwart your opponent, and it can’t be an activity that you could successfully engage in while drinking beer.

My definition of a “sport”has always been - you have to keep score (no judges), you have to be able to play defense to directly thwart your opponent, and it can’t be an activity that you could successfully engage in while drinking beer.
Combat sports have judges (boxing, mma, kickboxing, muay thai, etc.). I don't know how wrestling works but maybe they have judges there too?

I think Gymnastics is a sport. Even though it’s judged. I hate judges as well. But boxing and UFC use judges. That’s a sport.

It’s an an exhibition. how do you Play defense to win?

I can see the fighting Sport argument. The judging is borderline keeping score because of a defined point system regardless of the human factor. It’s not like diving or gymnastics where someone just throws up 9.2 just cuz.

I can see the fighting Sport argument. The judging is borderline keeping score because of a defined point system regardless of the human factor. It’s not like diving or gymnastics where someone just throws up 9.2 just cuz.
Agree, although in MMA a lot of times it really is a crapshoot with judges.

They probably have bias involved a lot, but people who judge gymnastics know the proper form and how hard a routine is. They don’t typically throw up a 9.2 just because. They saw a tiny flaw which made it drop from a 10. Or the routine wasn’t overly hard to perform. Gymnasts are athletes. So are the Cheerleaders who do acrobatics and stunts. The men doing the tossing, catching and holding up are strong. The female bases have to be strong. I do hate when judges decide who wins but most of the time they base decision off of their score card. Every once in a while, UFC fights in a state that supplies judges who are not educated in every discipline and it’s a joke who they think won. That’s on the particular states though. I think UFC should have own judges.

They probably have bias involved a lot, but people who judge gymnastics know the proper form and how hard a routine is. They don’t typically throw up a 9.2 just because. They saw a tiny flaw which made it drop from a 10. Or the routine wasn’t overly hard to perform. Gymnasts are athletes. So are the Cheerleaders who do acrobatics and stunts. The men doing the tossing, catching and holding up are strong. The female bases have to be strong. I do hate when judges decide who wins but most of the time they base decision off of their score card. Every once in a while, UFC fights in a state that supplies judges who are not educated in every discipline and it’s a joke who they think won. That’s on the particular states though. I think UFC should have own judges.

My wife is was a gymnast. I have all the respect in the world for those athletes. I’ll never agree it is a “sport” though. That’s not a dis on it. I like jugglers and unicycle riders and high wire acts too.

Imagine spending your free time somewhere that you’re convinced no one else can think like you (even though some have agreed with you) and then going to that place for hours in a day and doing research so that you can show this world of about 50 people that you are a smarter and more informed person than they are.

Also imagine going to that place where you’re not wanted and trying to convince them that they are lucky to have such a person grace them with their presence everyday.

This person is so addicted to proving his greatness that he will stop at no length to a. constantly repeat himself (in case you miss the first 700 posts), b. Threaten to leave but then comes back within 2 hours. c. not respond to intelligent conversation. d. yell at everyone because they’re not calling heup’s phone to tell him how much he’s sucks at life. e. Tell everyone they’re not the boss f. In turn boss everyone around about topics that are allowed and how stupid everyone is for following the sheep.

This is someone’s life. I can’t for the life of me comprehend why someone would choose to live that life? Is UCF and Heupel that important to you that it consumes every waking moment (or sleeping as some posts are at 3am and read like he’s been drinking in most of those posts)?

I've always thought the definition of a sport is some kind of competition with scoring and rules. I know this is a very loose definition and agree having an athletic component makes one activity more of a sport than another activity will no athletic component.

Reactions: ahabmw
If UCF is stupid for starting strong in the fastest growing sport (or entertainment if you don’t want to call it a sport) in the world, and we’re considered stupid for buying into this then by all means, call me stupid. I could care less but it’s smart business. The NBA has an e league, MLS has an e league. Colleges could get extra income for this one day.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/investing-worlds-fastest-growing-sport-203508814.html

Imagine spending your free time somewhere that you’re convinced no one else can think like you (even though some have agreed with you) and then going to that place for hours in a day and doing research so that you can show this world of about 50 people that you are a smarter and more informed person than they are.

Also imagine going to that place where you’re not wanted and trying to convince them that they are lucky to have such a person grace them with their presence everyday.

This person is so addicted to proving his greatness that he will stop at no length to a. constantly repeat himself (in case you miss the first 700 posts), b. Threaten to leave but then comes back within 2 hours. c. not respond to intelligent conversation. d. yell at everyone because they’re not calling heup’s phone to tell him how much he’s sucks at life. e. Tell everyone they’re not the boss f. In turn boss everyone around about topics that are allowed and how stupid everyone is for following the sheep.

This is someone’s life. I can’t for the life of me comprehend why someone would choose to live that life? Is UCF and Heupel that important to you that it consumes every waking moment (or sleeping as some posts are at 3am and read like he’s been drinking in most of those posts)?

Honest question... is he autistic or does he have a personality disorder? No sane person would act like this unless they were a troll or had a social issue. If he does I will just ignore him and let him yell at the sky instead of engaging him. Feel bad for the dude if he is normal because he seems pretty miserable tbh.

Reactions: shacket
Honest question... is he autistic or does he have a personality disorder? No sane person would act like this unless they were a troll or had a social issue. If he does I will just ignore him and let him yell at the sky instead of engaging him. Feel bad for the dude if he is normal because he seems pretty miserable tbh.
He is not autistic and I learned about that from another poster as I asked in another way and someone with a family member who is autistic explained that to me. The only info he has shared is that he used to be a UGA fan and is in his early 20’s and that when he moved to Orlando with his family was around the time we started to win. He decided to follow our team at that point.

I would lean towards somewhere on the spectrum. I put him on ignore the second day he was here because I thought he was a troll. He would have given up a long time ago if he was a troll. One person thinks he is Nevelle Clarke’s dad

Reactions: Beach Knight
He is not autistic and I learned about that from another poster as I asked in another way and someone with a family member who is autistic explained that to me. The only info he has shared is that he used to be a UGA fan and is in his early 20’s and that when he moved to Orlando with his family was around the time we started to win. He decided to follow our team at that point.

I see... Well if this is his real personality yeesh. Dont know how this dude is happy in life if he lets someone like Heupel live rent free in his mind. I don't think he's said something complimentary to anyone here without it somehow putting someone else down. If he could say anything positive about the school or a current player maybe more people here would take him seriously.

I would lean towards somewhere on the spectrum. I put him on ignore the second day he was here because I thought he was a troll. He would have given up a long time ago if he was a troll. One person thinks he is Nevelle Clarke’s dad
Whether or not he is Nevelle Clarke's dad is the greatest mystery of this entire forum.

Ninja signed a 30 million dollar deal with Microsoft to leave Twitch and start streaming games exclusively on Mixer. So yea eSports are becoming very real.

true but if those are allowed to exist, why not this

Sorry but what are "esports"? Do they have to play any game like in the movie Grandma's Boy? Do you only play one game like Madden or fifa?

Reactions: shacket
Sorry but what are "esports"? Do they have to play any game like in the movie Grandma's Boy? Do you only play one game like Madden or fifa?
I just assumed it was "Wii Sports" on the nintendo Wii. What is an esport?

Lots of boomers here, most competitive gaming takes a ridiculous amount of hand eye coordination, training and strategy.

I don't know what Counter Strike Global Offensive is but I played a lot of Counter Strike back when it was just a Halflife mod. I first played it in a computer/lan arcade in the shopping plaza at University and Dean. The one where Duffy's Subs used to be.

Reactions: Endeavor.
I don't know what Counter Strike Global Offensive is but I played a lot of Counter Strike back when it was just a Halflife mod. I first played it in a computer/lan arcade in the shopping plaza at University and Dean. The one where Duffy's Subs used to be.
Duffy’s subs was the best....

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT