ADVERTISEMENT

Birther Conspiracy 2.0

My first reaction to Trump's comments was, "Are you kidding me??!?"
"Trump said, "I heard today that she doesn't meet the requirements." He referred to a lawyer who raised the issue in a Newsweek article, Chapman University professor John Eastman, as "very highly qualified."
Trump then said he has "no idea" whether it's true Harris doesn't meet the requirements. He then asked the reporter if she was saying Harris doesn't qualify because Harris "wasn't born in this country."

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal. He says he has no idea and then asks the reporter about the basis of her question.

"Trump said, "I heard today that she doesn't meet the requirements." He referred to a lawyer who raised the issue in a Newsweek article, Chapman University professor John Eastman, as "very highly qualified."
Trump then said he has "no idea" whether it's true Harris doesn't meet the requirements. He then asked the reporter if she was saying Harris doesn't qualify because Harris "wasn't born in this country."

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal. He says he has no idea and then asks the reporter about the basis of her question.
He said he'd just heard about it that morning AND added that it came from an article by a distinguished reporter (or something similar).

A decent person would have called it bullshit straight off. A real Statesman would have done what John McCain did in a similar situation involving Barrack Obama when he said that they disagreed on many policies but his opponent was certainly an American.

The problem in cases like this (conspiracy issues, internet rumors, etc.) is that Donald doesn't put the fire out or try to extinguish the embers at all. While he doesn't pour gasoline on it either, he blows on it just enough to keep it flickering and it drives the left up a wall. He's doing it on purpose so that when he's really backed into a corner and asked about it, he can reply with "Of course she's legit to be VP. Why are you keeping the conversation going by asking me? Only an idiot would do that." It's gaslighting 101.

He said he'd just heard about it that morning AND added that it came from an article by a distinguished reporter (or something similar).

A decent person would have called it bullshit straight off. A real Statesman would have done what John McCain did in a similar situation involving Barrack Obama when he said that they disagreed on many policies but his opponent was certainly an American.
We've been down this road before and the qualifications for the presidency are not clearly defined. Is Harris a natural born citizen or a naturalized citizen? And what exactly is the difference? Saying he doesn't know isnt that big of a deal, because nobody really knows. This isn't a birther type of issue, where he is claiming someone wasn't born in the US like he did with Obama. Much ado about nothing.

The problem in cases like this (conspiracy issues, internet rumors, etc.) is that Donald doesn't put the fire out or try to extinguish the embers at all. While he doesn't pour gasoline on it either, he blows on it just enough to keep it flickering and it drives the left up a wall. He's doing it on purpose so that when he's really backed into a corner and asked about it, he can reply with "Of course she's legit to be VP. Why are you keeping the conversation going by asking me? Only an idiot would do that." It's gaslighting 101.

I could maybe buy this, but it won't be because of this initial reaction. If he brings it up again to keep the narrative going and then later denies it, that would 100% be gaslighting.

Nobody takes Eastman seriously with his views on this. In 2016 he argued Cruz was eligible, despite Cruz being born in Canada, but now apparently thinks Harris isnt eligible, despite being born in Oakland. Trump very well knows Harris is eligible for VP, but he also knows even entertaining the idea that she isnt will rile up the birth nut jobs, just like it did with Obama.

Kamala Hussein is also Muslim. The MSM isn't talking about that. Wait for it.

She is the first mixed Jamaican/Indian, trans raced African American. Great grand daughter of slave owner. To be solely nominated based on Sex and race, to show the lack of sexism or racism.

To be solely nominated based on Sex and race, to show the lack of sexism or racism.
WTF??!? She was the State of California's Attorney General and is now its United States Senator for crying out loud.

In a historical list of Veep candidates, she'd rank a hell of a lot closer to the top than the bottom.

WTF??!? She was the State of California's Attorney General and is now its United States Senator for crying out loud.

In a historical list of Veep candidates, she'd rank a hell of a lot closer to the top than the bottom.
Kind of hard to rank them, but I'd say governors would be the most qualified and there's been a lot of them.

She is the first mixed Jamaican/Indian, trans raced African American. Great grand daughter of slave owner. To be solely nominated based on Sex and race, to show the lack of sexism or racism.
So any black person with slave owning relatives isn't black anymore? Who would have been a better nominee? I'll hang up and listen.

Since 1948, the Democratic VP nominee has been a US Senator except for Ferraro in 1984. This is consistently democratic pick.

And many black people continue to carry on the name of their slavemasters... I know I do. Yep, it should definitely be held against them! What's your point?
Held against the Harris family? Slave owners in general? Expand on this a little bit.

Held against the Harris family? Slave owners in general? Expand on this a little bit.

Was just being sarcastic. I took his comment to be an indictment on her when I don't see the relevance. My name comes from the slaves on my father's side taking on Robert E Lee Jr's surname. Lee is only a middle name for me and not my last name but still. Not to mention how many of us can claim slave owner blood through rape. If I could actually trace my line who knows what I would find with my "curlier than average hair" and certain family members who could almost pass as white ....if you weren't looking very hard that is

Was just being sarcastic. I took his comment to be an indictment on her when I don't see the relevance. My name comes from the slaves on my father's side taking on Robert E Lee Jr's surname. Lee is only a middle name for me and not my last name but still. Not to mention how many of us can claim slave owner blood through rape. If I could actually trace my line who knows what I would find with my "curlier than average hair" and certain family members who could almost pass as white ....if you weren't looking very hard that is
You're an interesting dude, no doubt.

Lolol thanks?
I mean that sincerely. You have life experiences and a background that I can't relate to so its interesting to hear your take on things. I have a friend that grew up in Israel and went through the 6 day war as a teenager. Hes a Christian and moved here in 1972. His perspective on things really fascinates me when we talk because his background is so much different than mine.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06

Biden said himself he would pick a WOMAN, PERSON OF COLOR. any candidate had to fill that bill. That makes it first and foremost a racist/feminist pick.
I did not say she was not qualified, I think she is,
I hate her politics, as one of the most if not the most liberal member of the Senate. I also think she and Biden will be bigly bad for the country.

Biden said himself he would pick a WOMAN, PERSON OF COLOR. any candidate had to fill that bill. That makes it first and foremost a racist/feminist pick.
I did not say she was not qualified, I think she is,
I hate her politics, as one of the most if not the most liberal member of the Senate. I also think she and Biden will be bigly bad for the country.
Most liberal members of the senate? Lol Kamala? No bud.

Biden said himself he would pick a WOMAN, PERSON OF COLOR. any candidate had to fill that bill.
For the record, he said would pick a woman, period. That narrowed the field down to half the country of natural-born citizens over the age of 35. Given that there had been only two other women Veep candidates in the history of our country, I don't think he was being too discriminatory against us guys.

One of the positive side effects of announcing it would be a woman from the get-go is that a laundry list of talented female politicians got brought to the public's attention.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
It’s super duper frustrating that he feels the need to push the fringe theories like this because it gives them the appearance of having much more support than they actually have. And a number of other reasons.

For the record:https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/08/natural-born-citizen-kamala-harris/

Reactions: DaShuckster
I mean that sincerely. You have life experiences and a background that I can't relate to so its interesting to hear your take on things. I have a friend that grew up in Israel and went through the 6 day war as a teenager. Hes a Christian and moved here in 1972. His perspective on things really fascinates me when we talk because his background is so much different than mine.

Your comment made me reflect a bit more than I have about it

- Born in Germany on a military base. Military influence through father, grandfather and uncles

- Divorced parents early on. Raised primarily by single black mom. Dad re-married white/Native American so I have "white" step brothers (grew up on the Res) and a mixed half brother that I also grew up with part-time.

- Family roots are rural Virginia but lived in Tampa, Orlando, Atlanta and Richmond before peacing

- Grew up in a black church but went to all boys Jesuit High School. 10 black kids in my HS class.

- Public schooling before that which consisted of nice suburban elementary to being bussed downtown and having middle school be on lockdown a cpl times due to surrounding gang violence

I guess I've just navigated different worlds simultaneously and always been in a position having to relate to and find common ground with people from different backgrounds. I don't know how else you're to be successful in those environments. My assumption has been that it's normal and most people hop between worlds but I'm not so sure. If nothing else at least at least my hobbies and interests are all over the place!

Last edited:
Your comment made me reflect a bit more than I have about it

- Born in Germany on a military base. Military influence through father, grandfather and uncles

- Divorced parents early on. Raised primarily by single black mom. Dad re-married white/Native American so I have "white" step brothers (grew up on the Red) and a mixed half brother that I also grew up with part-time.

- Family roots are rural Virginia but lived in Tampa, Orlando, Atlanta and Richmond before peacing

- Grew up in a black church but went to all boys Jesuit High School. 10 black kids in my HS class.

- Public schooling before that which consisted of nice suburban elementary to being bussed downtown and having middle school be on lockdown a cpl times due to surrounding gang violence

I guess I've just navigated different worlds simultaneously and always been in a position having to relate to and find common ground with people from different backgrounds. I don't know how else you're to be successful in those environments. My assumption has been that it's normal and most people hop between worlds but I'm not so sure. If nothing else at least at least my hobbies and interests are all over the place!

I was just having a conversation with my mom the other day and made the same comment about "normal". I always felt like my upbringing was normal but the more people I meet, the more it feels the opposite.

I was just having a conversation with my mom the other day and made the same comment about "normal". I always felt like my upbringing was normal but the more people I meet, the more it feels the opposite.
Nobody grew up the same that's why we have different perspectives on the world. Once we all realize that everyone's normal is different and value that, we'll be better off.

ADVERTISEMENT