ADVERTISEMENT

Boise Emails

surfer98

Four-Star Recruit
Nov 30, 2017
Does the emails that went public about Boise exploring the idea of joining the American change the trajectory of the conference? Would this make it one step closer to becoming a Power 6 conference?

Easy switch as well. Based on the old divisions, you just place Boise out west and move Navy to the East. Yeah, it's a bit more pain for teams traveling there but if it is just football I don't think it's a big deal. All sports, now that is a lot more travel for every program's sports, and frankly, I don't think the rest of their sports are worth anything at this time.

Last edited:
I could see conferences going away for all other sports other than football and basketball and olympic sports go towards a regional schedule to cut down travel. That would have UCF playing UF, FSU, USF, Miami, FIU, FAU, etc. in most sports every year. That would be fun and save lots of money in travel.

Does the emails that went public about Boise exploring the idea of joining the American change the trajectory of the conference? Would this make it one step closer to becoming a Power 6 conference?

No...but it shows that even those in the MWC, know the AAC is the best...and this was before another team from the AAC (Cinci), took the NYD6 slot for the 5th time out of the last 6 seasons...as MWC hasn't had a team in a NYD6 bowl since 2014 (Boise St).

Boise St has almost disappeared from any national spotlight...as its been years since they been in a big bowl game.

No...but it shows that even those in the MWC, know the AAC is the best...and this was before another team from the AAC (Cinci), took the NYD6 slot for the 5th time out of the last 6 seasons...as MWC hasn't had a team in a NYD6 bowl since 2014 (Boise St).

Boise St has almost disappeared from any national spotlight...as its been years since they been in a big bowl game.

That is after 2 undefeated seasons, and 6 1 loss seasons in a 10 season span. They still won another 4 conference titles after that.

It will take a similar run from an AAC team to stay in the spotlight. Right now teams are cycling in and out Houston, UCF, then Memphis, and now Cincinnati in a year or two.

It will take a similar run from an AAC team to stay in the spotlight. Right now teams are cycling in and out Houston, UCF, then Memphis, and now Cincinnati in a year or two.

If you count Year 1 of AAC... Houston:1, Memphis:1, Cincinnati:1, UCF:3 and Boise:1 in the NY6 Bowls.

would have been UCF:4 and Boise:0 if not for last second loss in Ireland and if we didn’t forget to bring warm clothes to UConn.

Reactions: FoxKnight
That is after 2 undefeated seasons, and 6 1 loss seasons in a 10 season span. They still won another 4 conference titles after that.

Most of Boise State's rise was when they were in the pathetic WAC (not sure that even exists today).

Ever since the AAC was formed in 2013...Boise State's played in just 1 BCS/NYD6 bowl game (2014)....while the AAC has played in 6 of those games (UCF: 3, Houston, Memphis, CInci with 1 each).

People don't want to hear this, but if Boise joined our conference and we built a west division, with them playing SMU and Houston every year and picking up more TX recruits to go with their already very strong Cali recruiting, and the general step up in profile of the AAC.... they could honestly jump to #1 in the conference very quickly and maybe stay there.

People don't want to hear this, but if Boise joined our conference and we built a west division, with them playing SMU and Houston every year and picking up more TX recruits to go with their already very strong Cali recruiting, and the general step up in profile of the AAC.... they could honestly jump to #1 in the conference very quickly and maybe stay there.
Or not

Most of Boise State's rise was when they were in the pathetic WAC (not sure that even exists today).

Ever since the AAC was formed in 2013...Boise State's played in just 1 BCS/NYD6 bowl game (2014)....while the AAC has played in 6 of those games (UCF: 3, Houston, Memphis, CInci with 1 each).
AAC Was AQ our first year.

AAC Was AQ our first year.

yup, all I was saying was we made a major bowl too that year.

and if I recall, even if the new rules were to apply, there weren’t other “G5” ranked as high that year so UCF would have still made it in (new rules vs old rules). Boise wasn’t ranked that year I think

i was adding to post that what I had responded to, originally responded to that it’s been years since Boise was consistently in Big Bowls while we’ve been to 3 out of the last 7 years

If you count Year 1 of AAC... Houston:1, Memphis:1, Cincinnati:1, UCF:3 and Boise:1 in the NY6 Bowls.

would have been UCF:4 and Boise:0 if not for last second loss in Ireland and if we didn’t forget to bring warm clothes to UConn.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't O'Leary refuse to allow sideline heaters for our players? Meanwhile UConn had them on their sideline.
It was UConn's only win that year and I think it was the impetus for their so-called rivalry with us. It was typical GOL stubborness and his archaic old school mentality.
I was so disgusted after that game.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't O'Leary refuse to allow sideline heaters for our players? Meanwhile UConn had them on their sideline.
It was UConn's only win that year and I think it was the impetus for their so-called rivalry with us. It was typical GOL stubborness and his archaic old school mentality.
Yes only wimps used heaters.

So it wasn’t a total loss, then :)

Reactions: Drew-C-F
So for you Boise fans here, (tho they would be a good addition), they were only in 1 NY Bowl game since the AAC was born, by the way, I think UCF played in our BCS Bowl game as a Big East member (not sure when the American name was "born"). That's 7 years ago. Let me get this right, NO One gives a crap about the 100 year old rivalry games between blue bloods that were killed when conferences re-arranged, yet, everyone cares that Boise were something a decade ago? Please pardon me laughing my ... off. (But, I guess in a universe where Nebraska, Vandy, etc. are actually considered teams, anything goes)

PS. Boise is the team where the HC last year said, "Yes, we're undefeated, but in no way should we be considered for the playoffs, we play nobody." Yes they actually said that, and then lost the next week.

• Haha
I was there. It was miserably cold and raining (and there was no place to get warm accept in the heated bathrooms) but on top of it the wind was blowing like 25 mph. Holman couldn’t hit anything but Uconn players. He kept sailing the ball all day long. He was 22 of 42 for 248 yards with 2 TDs and 4 Ints.

It was so weird because Stanback had 141 yds and 2 TDs. JJ had 11 catches for 178 yds and a TD. Pretty much everyone else did nothing.

4 turnovers did us in. It was UConn’s only FBS win that season. It was just a bizarre game. They also beat Stoneybrook (FCS).

I was there. It was miserably cold and raining (and there was no place to get warm accept in the heated bathrooms) but on top of it the wind was blowing like 25 mph. Holman couldn’t hit anything but Uconn players. He kept sailing the ball all day long. He was 22 of 42 for 248 yards with 2 TDs and 4 Ints.

It was so weird because Stanback had 141 yds and 2 TDs. JJ had 11 catches for 178 yds and a TD. Pretty much everyone else did nothing.

4 turnovers did us in. It was UConn’s only FBS win that season. It was just a bizarre game. They also beat Stoneybrook (FCS).
That was our first AAC loss too, right?

So for you Boise fans here, (tho they would be a good addition), they were only in 1 NY Bowl game since the AAC was born, by the way, I think UCF played in our BCS Bowl game as a Big East member (not sure when the American name was "born"). That's 7 years ago. Let me get this right, NO One gives a crap about the 100 year old rivalry games between blue bloods that were killed when conferences re-arranged, yet, everyone cares that Boise were something a decade ago? Please pardon me laughing my ... off. (But, I guess in a universe where Nebraska, Vandy, etc. are actually considered teams, anything goes)
AAC was right away. Big East name was taken by the basketball only members. Was first and last year our conference was AQ or P6. We would have went to NY6 bowl with 3 losses as long as we won conference.

One of my favorite cities for sure.
[/
There were a number of cities in CA that use to be among my favorites; however the homeless situation has changed that for me. As for San Diego it's homeless population is the fourth largest in the country and it is widely agreed that there are significantly more homeless people residing in San Diego County than the point-in-time count reveals. Many of which are vets. Very, very sad.

There were a number of cities in CA that use to be among my favorites; however the homeless situation has changed that for me. As for San Diego it's homeless population is the fourth largest in the country and it is widely agreed that there are significantly more homeless people residing in San Diego County than the point-in-time count reveals. Many of which are vets. Very, very sad.
I have heard the homeless situation has grown a lot in CA. Not sure how it is in SD.

Spent a lot of time in CA during the mid 2000s and I was really shocked to see a group of 50-100 homeless kids gathered in the park every day. Children. Can't imagine it being worse...but a family member told me they saw homeless guys giving each other hand jobs on the sidewalk in downtown SF a few months back haha.

I have heard the homeless situation has grown a lot in CA. Not sure how it is in SD.

Spent a lot of time in CA during the mid 2000s and I was really shocked to see a group of 50-100 homeless kids gathered in the park every day. Children. Can't imagine it being worse...but a family member told me they saw homeless guys giving each other hand jobs on the sidewalk in downtown SF a few months back haha.
Sorry. That's not funny to me.

I didn’t know SD but SF Tent City is famous. When I went to Atlanta I made a wrong turn and was surrounded by homeless people and a few cops. Didn’t know places that existed.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT