ADVERTISEMENT

Boise game

Just had the same conversation with a friend who was adamant about not taking it and how he doesn’t need it, he lives a healthy life, blah blah blah. I explained that he at least should do it for his family and friends, co-workers, other people he would interact with day to day. Also, if you want to travel, probably going to need it. It’s selfish and ignorant, anti-vaxers are scumbags. Amazing all the ppl out there not trusting science.
It interesting to me it used to be far left anti-vaxers my kid doesnt need the vaccine. I wonder what happened to those people are they now with the far right anti-vaxers?

Back on topic. 99.99% this game kicks off on time. Hopefully with some fans in the stands and it ends with a Knights W.

The age average for Covid infections continues to drop. The scare that the hospitals will be overwhelmed with patients, the reason for the lockdown is a thing of the past.

The only thing that should possibly be guarded is open access to coaches and players for interviews this fall to separate teams from fans and media.

Reactions: U C to the F
I agree that 80% widespread vaccination would probably do the trick and we're headed that way...but to claim that prior infected and recovered individuals don't factor into this tells me that you have your head in the sand. Does your "scientific community" know better than the President and CEO of the Parkland Center for Clinical Innovation in Dallas? Or Dr. Marty Makary the Johns Hopkins health policy expert who I just heard say the same thing. You, of all people, should admit that you don't know the correct answer on this topic. Everybody's entitled to an opinion....I choose to believe the expert from this article and Dr. Makary so soon we'll see who's right....in the meantime, everybody who medically can should get vaccinated (taking into account the new warning that JNJ will have to attach to theirs).
Trust me, I wish including those who have natural immunity with those vaccinated would get us closer to herd immunity. But despite the strength of my own personal want for this to be true, the data are largely skeptical of this. You’re definitely correct in asserting I don’t know the ultimate outcomes of COVID-19 vaccines because no one does. But what I do know is the research thus far strongly suggests the immunogenicity invoked through vaccination is overall more robust and has greater efficacy when compared to natural infection, particularly against variant strains of COVID-19 (see the article, Vaccine-induced immunity provides more robust heterotypic immunity than natural infection to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern, by Skelly et. al., 2021, published on 3/29/21 in Research Square). You are also correct in asserting that, “everybody who medically can should get vaccinated.” The quicker the population realizes this, the quicker we are to restoring some resemblance of normalcy, including at-capacity stadiums and indoor arenas.

If you watched UFC in Jacksonville last night you would see the State is opening up. It was electric. It’s only April. So will Orlando in 4 months.

Trust me, I wish including those who have natural immunity with those vaccinated would get us closer to herd immunity. But despite the strength of my own personal want for this to be true, the data are largely skeptical of this. You’re definitely correct in asserting I don’t know the ultimate outcomes of COVID-19 vaccines because no one does. But what I do know is the research thus far strongly suggests the immunogenicity invoked through vaccination is overall more robust and has greater efficacy when compared to natural infection, particularly against variant strains of COVID-19 (see the article, Vaccine-induced immunity provides more robust heterotypic immunity than natural infection to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern, by Skelly et. al., 2021, published on 3/29/21 in Research Square). You are also correct in asserting that, “everybody who medically can should get vaccinated.” The quicker the population realizes this, the quicker we are to restoring some resemblance of normalcy, including at-capacity stadiums and indoor arenas.
Mumbo jumbo. 100% capacity.

LOL at those on here that don’t think we will be 100. % capacity by September. You are probably the ones I see driving around with windows up and wearing a mask.
It was pretty much 1 person. Self described expert. I debunked him a long time ago. UFC had a full house a few weeks ago in Jacksonville.

It was pretty much 1 person. Self described expert. I debunked him a long time ago. UFC had a full house a few weeks ago in Jacksonville.
lol— You didn’t “debunk” me. Science is dynamic and evolutionary. And just as I claimed weeks ago, we may never reach herd immunity, which remains a fact. Despite the twist you’re attempting to put on it, I’m just as grateful as everyone else that the stadium will be fully open and hopefully at capacity. I’ve been a loyal Knight since 1996 and have donated thousands to the program over the last 20 years. I want nothing but the best for our University and Athletics programs. Now go get your vaccine. ;-)

lol— You didn’t “debunk” me. Science is dynamic and evolutionary. And just as I claimed weeks ago, we may never reach herd immunity, which remains a fact. Despite the twist you’re attempting to put on it, I’m just as grateful as everyone else that the stadium will be fully open and hopefully at capacity. I’ve been a loyal Knight since 1996 and have donated thousands to the program over the last 20 years. I want nothing but the best for our University and Athletics programs. Now go get your vaccine. ;-)
I debunked your opinion that even all of next year there wouldn’t be full capacity crowds at games. Texas already had. A few schools from Texas in our conference. Florida was trending that way quickly. Now will definitely be that way. No mask mandate announced a few weeks back. You also said schools visiting us would cancel games if we allowed full capacity. Doubt that happens as 90% of country will be allowing fans to attend come August. Uncle Joe said he might let us hang out with a few family members on July 4th outside with a mask.

Marlins sent out a message that fans will no longer be required to wear masks at games.

Heat game going back up to 50% capacity (10,000 fans)

Panthers at 10,000 fans and masks are optional at your seats.

Yea, we're going to be back in September for sure (unless COVID-21 hits)

I debunked your opinion that even all of next year there wouldn’t be full capacity crowds at games. Texas already had. A few schools from Texas in our conference. Florida was trending that way quickly. Now will definitely be that way. No mask mandate announced a few weeks back. You also said schools visiting us would cancel games if we allowed full capacity. Doubt that happens as 90% of country will be allowing fans to attend come August. Uncle Joe said he might let us hang out with a few family members on July 4th outside with a mask.
I’d suggest you go back and re-read my posts. I never concluded one way or the other. I asserted herd immunity = full stadiums, a claim I continue to stand by (only a dolt would disagree). I also asserted it was possible visiting teams could cancel games if they disagreed with Florida’s policies on COVID-19 infection control and safety (as is happening with the cruise industry), a claim I also continue to stand by.

Luckily, COVID-19 vaccine uptake has improved dramatically from where we were since those original posts. And while the US will probably evade reaching herd immunity due to a small holdout of vaccine-ignorant and science-denying individuals, it appears we may be reaching a point where we can safely congregate without worry, particularly those who are fully vaccinated.

Personally I was never worried. Fully masked and socially-distanced, I attended every home game, traveled to Ga Tech, and witnessed the BYU debacle in-person. I also personally treated hundreds of infected patients, followed protocols, and NEVER got infected. I was also fully vaccinated way before the vast majority of the population even had access to the COVID-19 vaccines.

Now quit trying to puff your chest and go get your vaccine. ;-)

I’d suggest you go back and re-read my posts. I never concluded one way or the other. I asserted herd immunity = full stadiums, a claim I continue to stand by (only a dolt would disagree). I also asserted it was possible visiting teams could cancel games if they disagreed with Florida’s policies on COVID-19 infection control and safety (as is happening with the cruise industry), a claim I also continue to stand by.

Luckily, COVID-19 vaccine uptake has improved dramatically from where we were since those original posts. And while the US will probably evade reaching herd immunity due to a small holdout of vaccine-ignorant and science-denying individuals, it appears we may be reaching a point where we can safely congregate without worry, particularly those who are fully vaccinated.

Personally I was never worried. Fully masked and socially-distanced, I attended every home game, traveled to Ga Tech, and witnessed the BYU debacle in-person. I also personally treated hundreds of infected patients, followed protocols, and NEVER got infected. I was also fully vaccinated way before the vast majority of the population even had access to the COVID-19 vaccines.

Now quit trying to puff your chest and go get your vaccine. ;-)
Long story short, we are having full capacity in August.

It interesting to me it used to be far left anti-vaxers my kid doesnt need the vaccine. I wonder what happened to those people are they now with the far right anti-vaxers?

Back on topic. 99.99% this game kicks off on time. Hopefully with some fans in the stands and it ends with a Knights W.
Anti-Vaxers were never ideologically left or right.

Anti-Vaxers were never ideologically left or right.
This. Anti-vaxxers are akin to conspiracy theorists who are on both sides of the political spectrum. An interesting topic to do some easy reading on if anybody likes that kind of thing.

2tap6a.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT