ADVERTISEMENT

Boise St.

Of course they would be ranked #1 if they were undefeated. They would have beaten Alabama, LSU, Miss St, A&M, Auburn, and UGA. Not to mention Vandy and SC are halfway decent teams. You don't think that would deserve to be the top ranked team in the nation if that had happened? Do you think UCF schedule was better than that? I am honestly asking.
Try actually reading my posts. It may help you form a coherent argument. You are all over the place. I pointed out ole miss as one of many examples where a team doesn’t face top ranked competition week in and week out. Which was your whole theory of why G5 teams can win big games is because they aren’t playing them every week. Neither was ole miss or a myriad of other P5 programs.

Sadly, Boise State’s Statue of Liberty play against Oklahoma is still blazoned in the minds of the ESPN’s of the world. What have they done lately....? Nothing close to what UCF has done. I hate the comparisons.

Last edited:
Try actually reading my posts. It may help you form a coherent argument. You are all over the place. I pointed out ole miss as one of many examples where a team doesn’t face top ranked competition week in and week out. Which was your whole theory of why G5 teams can win big games is because they aren’t playing them every week. Neither was ole miss or a myriad of other P5 programs.

Dude, I just gave you 7 or so teams they played that are bowl teams. I agree, all of those teams aren't great I am not saying they are, but they are still decent teams. So I am sorry, maybe they didn't play great teams every single week, only 2/3's of their schedule.

So, was UCF's schedule as tough as theirs? I asked you that question and you seemed to completely avoid it. This is the point of the argument, is the toughness of a schedule.

Of course they would be ranked #1 if they were undefeated. They would have beaten Alabama, LSU, Miss St, A&M, Auburn, and UGA. Not to mention Vandy and SC are halfway decent teams. You don't think that would deserve to be the top ranked team in the nation if that had happened? Do you think UCF schedule was better than that? I am honestly asking.

You’re basing your beliefs that these teams are good and boost schedule strengths by their NAMES only. That’s the problem with college football. Establishment NAMES are thought to be good teams all the time when in reality their more often than not mediocre.

You’re basing your beliefs that these teams are good and boost schedule strengths by their NAMES only. That’s the problem with college football. Establishment NAMES are thought to be good teams all the time when in reality their more often than not mediocre.

I am basing it on reality. If Ole Miss went unbeaten they would be ranked #1. You can argue whether they "should" be ranked #1, but the most certainly would be.

And, look, I get people are tired of the SEC. But this idea that SEC teams are good in name only is ridiculous. All you have to do is look at NFL drafts and NFL rosters to realize that isn't true. The SEC has had more players drafted than any other conference 12 straight years. And NFL scouts don't look at brand name, they look at skill and attributes. Now, talent doesn't always equate to a good team, I get that. Sometimes a talented team lacks a good QB or something, or sometimes they just don't get in sync for whatever reason. But, anytime you put top tier athletes and players on a field there is a punchers chance of getting beat, and that is what the SEC is.

Dude, I just gave you 7 or so teams they played that are bowl teams. I agree, all of those teams aren't great I am not saying they are, but they are still decent teams. So I am sorry, maybe they didn't play great teams every single week, only 2/3's of their schedule.

So, was UCF's schedule as tough as theirs? I asked you that question and you seemed to completely avoid it. This is the point of the argument, is the toughness of a schedule.
Statistically, yes UCFs schedule was tougher than Ole Miss, but still wasn’t the point I was making. It was that they didn’t face tough ranked competition week in and week out.

http://warrennolan.com/football/2018/sos

Statistically, yes UCFs schedule was tougher than Ole Miss, but still wasn’t the point I was making. It was that they didn’t face tough ranked competition week in and week out.

http://warrennolan.com/football/2018/sos

You are focusing on semantics, it is a common phrase. But ok, fine, Ole Miss wouldn't be ranked #1 if they didn't go unbeaten because they didn't play 12 top 25 teams, and UCF's schedule was far superior. So now we agree, and we can move on to something more productive.

You are focusing on semantics, it is a common phrase. But ok, fine, Ole Miss wouldn't be ranked #1 if they didn't go unbeaten because they didn't play 12 top 25 teams, and UCF's schedule was far superior. So now we agree, and we can move on to something more productive.
Sure. Anyways I was the one who said that ole miss would be ranked #1 if undefeated so not sure what you are arguing. My only beef is with the arguments that P5 teams all play back to back to back tough ranked teams and that is why they lose some games. It’s a stupid argument that is not backed by facts. It is a rarity when a team does face that kind of a stretch and far from the norm.

Sure. Anyways I was the one who said that ole miss would be ranked #1 if undefeated so not sure what you are arguing. My only beef is with the arguments that P5 teams all play back to back to back tough ranked teams and that is why they lose some games. It’s a stupid argument that is not backed by facts. It is a rarity when a team does face that kind of a stretch and far from the norm.

You are right. P5 schedules aren't tough. We agree. You have convinced me so not sure what you are still arguing about.

You are right. P5 schedules aren't tough. We agree. You have convinced me so not sure what you are still arguing about.
Why don’t you go back to your P5 gator board instead of trolling here about schedule strength. They will probably give you some pats on the back. Here you will get called out.

Why don’t you go back to your P5 gator board instead of trolling here about schedule strength. They will probably give you some pats on the back. Here you will get called out.

Nobody was trolling until you started on this semantics BS intentionally missing the point. But regardless, I will leave you to your safe space and echo chamber and fictional national titles. Peace out.

Nobody was trolling until you started on this semantics BS intentionally missing the point. But regardless, I will leave you to your safe space and echo chamber and fictional national titles. Peace out.
Bye

ADVERTISEMENT