ADVERTISEMENT

Border Agent to NPR: Walls and barriers work

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
Pretty clear what the professionals on the border think:

But meh what do they know? We need to list to rabid left wingers and Democrats. They know better than the men and women of the CBP.

Pretty clear what the professionals on the border think:

But meh what do they know? We need to list to rabid left wingers and Democrats. They know better than the men and women of the CBP.
Who cares if they work. An expensive solution for something that isn't an issue is a waste of money regardless of how effective it is.
Far too logical for the cooler

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Color me shocked that the left wingers here rush to declare that they know better than CBP.

:joy:

When calling a professional on a subject you know nothing about an idiot, it’s usually best to avoid embarrassing grammatical errors.
I believe a wall would work to specifically address getting in the way of families looking for a better life and employers looking for labor in a market where it's impossible to hire people. Not worth 5 Billion to prevent that connection from happening.

I believe a wall would work to specifically address getting in the way of families looking for a better life and employers looking for labor in a market where it's impossible to hire people. Not worth 5 Billion to prevent that connection from happening.

The professionals who actually work on the border would render this entire paragraph as a load of utterly hilarious bullshit

The professionals who actually work on the border would render this entire paragraph as a load of utterly hilarious bullshit

Nice deflect, as usual.

Still haven't heard a good reason why we need to waste 5 billion on this.

FC has a point as usual.

Nice deflect, as usual.

Still haven't heard a good reason why we need to waste 5 billion on this.

FC has a point as usual.
15 bucks a person yearly at that rate. Its less than 1 large soda once a month per person.

Then you volunteer to pay extra taxes for the aid they will receive, the free medial they will receive, the burden their children will put on our public schools. All of which cost a hell of a lot more than five billion.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Our CBP men and women day they need a wall and barriers to do their job and finally secure our border. Let’s stop allowing political nonsense from getting in the way to giving these people what they need to do their jobs.

I think we should spend 5 Billion to bring more workers in to the country so we can fill some of these jobs openings that are slowing GDP growth. Can we do like a bonus program for immigrants $500 in relocation cost should help bringnin the workers we need.

Our CBP men and women day they need a wall and barriers to do their job and finally secure our border. Let’s stop allowing political nonsense from getting in the way to giving these people what they need to do their jobs.
Any money spent keeping prospective employees out is a mistake. It's not a problem that needs solving.

It would be like if a red hat Trump supporter spent a bunch of money on condoms. Yeah it's effective at preventing pregnancy but since none of you can find a woman willing to let you get on top of her it's a waste of money for your specific situation. Does that make more sense? No one is saying condoms don't work they are saying save your money because you don't have that problem since your lack of compassion makes you repulsive for most women.

15 bucks a person yearly at that rate. Its less than 1 large soda once a month per person.

What am I getting for that $15?

Very disingenuous argument, you still haven't told me what every man woman and child in the US is getting for this $15 we are spending.

I've asked this question half a dozen times, same response (nothing).

What am I getting for that $15?

Very disingenuous argument, you still haven't told me what every man woman and child in the US is getting for this $15 we are spending.

I've asked this question half a dozen times, same response (nothing).

Ive responded to it a couple of times. I've asked at what level would it be a good investment and haven't gotten a response to that question.

Any money spent keeping prospective employees out is a mistake. It's not a problem that needs solving.

It would be like if a red hat Trump supporter spent a bunch of money on condoms. Yeah it's effective at preventing pregnancy but since none of you can find a woman willing to let you get on top of her it's a waste of money for your specific situation. Does that make more sense? No one is saying condoms don't work they are saying save your money because you don't have that problem since your lack of compassion makes you repulsive for most women.

I like how FC has stopped even pretending to insist that walls don't work and has gone into the de fact DNC position, which is that open borders is perfectly fine and acceptable and that "economic migrants" shouldn't be expected to come in via a legal entry point.

At least FC is being honest to the fact that he's a left wing zealot on border matters. The majority of the Democrats are still lying through the teeth, muttering that they care about securing our border when in reality, they're just as extreme on policy as FC is.

In the meantime, I'll ignore extremists like FC and listen to what the CBP professionals are saying they require.

its funny that now the left wingers are finally admitting that they were lying when they said walls dont work. now they are shifting their arguments to that walls are too expensive.

i drove down the turnpike to visit my family in south florida for christmas. i saw a lot of these really big walls to block sound. how could we ever afford such expensive things. surely the sound from the highways cant justify the massive costs...

its funny that now the left wingers are finally admitting that they were lying when they said walls dont work. now they are shifting their arguments to that walls are too expensive.

i drove down the turnpike to visit my family in south florida for christmas. i saw a lot of these really big walls to block sound. how could we ever afford such expensive things. surely the sound from the highways cant justify the massive costs...
I’ve got a nice sea wall, it works pretty good at keeping water out of my yard. Who knew?

Dawg you cannot be serious comparing sound barrier walls to Trumps wall.

Here's part of what the mother of the 22 year old that was killed in TN by an illegal immigrant had to say. This man knowingly broke our federal laws for 14 years and received help to escape arrest or deportation. He knowingly drove with no license and no insurance. Now he's killed an innocent American citizen.

"For us, there are two issues: safety and responsibility. As it pertains to safety, we are not the first, nor will we be the last to lose a loved one on a road known to many as dangerous. This is something we feel must be addressed. As it pertains to responsibility, we as parents taught all three of our children to be responsible for their actions. We discussed with them their need to maintain their vehicles and always have their license, registration and insurance up to date.

"Everyone is well aware that the 44 year old man involved in our 22 year old’s death did not practice this same responsibility and has not done so for 14 years. Yes, it was an accident and yes, it could have been anyone.

"It’s not about where this man came from — it’s the fact that he takes no personal responsibility for his actions. Not only in the financial sense, but no responsibility at all. He will most likely face very little jail time when all is said and done. He believes he should remain in our country illegally. Not only that, but we provide his counsel to fight for his rights.

"We are all aware, as a family, that nothing will bring Pierce back, but don’t tell me my son, who lived in this country and followed its rules, doesn’t deserve better. For God’s sake, out of respect for the men and women who fought and fight to make this country such a desirable place to live, DO THE RIGHT THING and come here legally and become a responsible citizen."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...e-corcoran-car-crash-mother-wendy/2498665002/

Here's part of what the mother of the 22 year old that was killed in TN by an illegal immigrant had to say. This man knowingly broke our federal laws for 14 years and received help to escape arrest or deportation. He knowingly drove with no license and no insurance. Now he's killed an innocent American citizen.

"For us, there are two issues: safety and responsibility. As it pertains to safety, we are not the first, nor will we be the last to lose a loved one on a road known to many as dangerous. This is something we feel must be addressed. As it pertains to responsibility, we as parents taught all three of our children to be responsible for their actions. We discussed with them their need to maintain their vehicles and always have their license, registration and insurance up to date.

"Everyone is well aware that the 44 year old man involved in our 22 year old’s death did not practice this same responsibility and has not done so for 14 years. Yes, it was an accident and yes, it could have been anyone.

"It’s not about where this man came from — it’s the fact that he takes no personal responsibility for his actions. Not only in the financial sense, but no responsibility at all. He will most likely face very little jail time when all is said and done. He believes he should remain in our country illegally. Not only that, but we provide his counsel to fight for his rights.

"We are all aware, as a family, that nothing will bring Pierce back, but don’t tell me my son, who lived in this country and followed its rules, doesn’t deserve better. For God’s sake, out of respect for the men and women who fought and fight to make this country such a desirable place to live, DO THE RIGHT THING and come here legally and become a responsible citizen."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...e-corcoran-car-crash-mother-wendy/2498665002/
Yes, natural born citizens never have car accidents. What a great example of why immigration reform is so important.

I also love the way you obviously framed it to not lie but still deceive.

"Here's part of what the mother of the 22 year old that was killed in TN by an illegal immigrant had to say."

This is why everyone knows not to trust your posts. It's intentionally deceptive yet again.

A few facts to keep in mind when we hear about our "border crisis" tonight:

1) The over number of illegal immigrants crossing the Southern border has been going down for a number of years now;

2) Of the overall number, the percentage trying to cross from Mexico has been decreasing while the number coming from Central America (primarily families seeking asylum) has been rising due to the craziness going on in their home countries; and

3) The 4000 terrorists the Administration says has been stopped at the Southern border number is bogus. Last year only 6 people have been stopped (emphasis on stopped, not arrested) at the border for appearing on our terrorist list. The 4000 number the Administration has been talking about have been picked up at airports--as Chris Wallace correctly pointed out in his FOX interview with Sarah Sanders. In fact, the Administration's own figures show that more suspected terrorists have been stopped at the Canadian border than the Southern border.

But let's talk about the effectiveness of walls. :)

Taking this discussion down a different path, the NPR clip posted is a conversation between the interviewer and ONE CBP agent that they had met previously on assignment in San Diego. His quote is, "I think most border patrol agents know that [barriers work]..." Well, first of all, DUH! My dog certainly recognizes the fence in my yard and doesn't try to magically teleport itself onto the other side. My kids understand that when they're in their classrooms at school that the only way to get from one side to the other is through the door. I understand that my garage door is not an optical illusion and I have to actually open it before I back out.

To take it further though, are we ok taking something that one CBP agent says and extrapolating it to infer that all CBP agents feel the same way? I work in the financial industry and I feel there should be thoughtful regulation; however, there are many in my line of work that feel very differently. Would you use an interview I did to infer that all in the financial industry feel as though there should be regulation?

I'm not saying that the majority of the CBP doesn't feel this way. I'm just saying that it's disingenuous to take one guy's interview and state that it's the feeling of the entire agency. Ask any employee what they want - what would make doing their job better and easier - and they're going to ask for the world. Ask the clerk at 7-11. Ask the dry cleaner. Ask a teacher. Ask a police officer. Ask a soldier. At the end of the day though, it's about cost vs. benefit.

Taking this discussion down a different path, the NPR clip posted is a conversation between the interviewer and ONE CBP agent that they had met previously on assignment in San Diego. His quote is, "I think most border patrol agents know that [barriers work]..." Well, first of all, DUH! My dog certainly recognizes the fence in my yard and doesn't try to magically teleport itself onto the other side. My kids understand that when they're in their classrooms at school that the only way to get from one side to the other is through the door. I understand that my garage door is not an optical illusion and I have to actually open it before I back out.

To take it further though, are we ok taking something that one CBP agent says and extrapolating it to infer that all CBP agents feel the same way? I work in the financial industry and I feel there should be thoughtful regulation; however, there are many in my line of work that feel very differently. Would you use an interview I did to infer that all in the financial industry feel as though there should be regulation?

I'm not saying that the majority of the CBP doesn't feel this way. I'm just saying that it's disingenuous to take one guy's interview and state that it's the feeling of the entire agency. Ask any employee what they want - what would make doing their job better and easier - and they're going to ask for the world. Ask the clerk at 7-11. Ask the dry cleaner. Ask a teacher. Ask a police officer. Ask a soldier. At the end of the day though, it's about cost vs. benefit.
Of course it's disingenuous. Look who the OP is. He regularly posts information here in a way to intentionally mislead. Everyone knows this, it's been pointed out so many times.

Yes, natural born citizens never have car accidents. What a great example of why immigration reform is so important.

I also love the way you obviously framed it to not lie but still deceive.

"Here's part of what the mother of the 22 year old that was killed in TN by an illegal immigrant had to say."

This is why everyone knows not to trust your posts. It's intentionally deceptive yet again.

Why are you attacking a grieving mother? Had we enforced immigration law, this illegal immigrant isn't here and her son is alive.

Despicable.

Did you listen to the NPR clip? The context and reason for calling the guy is because the heads of CBP, Border Patrol Union, and pretty much everyone in LE leadership along the border backed Trump at his press conference and called for wall construction.

They called this agent to get the actual "ground level" opinion. Does his opinion mean 100% of agents feel that way? No - and I didn't say that. However he's clearly credible since NPR has used him before for interviews, and he clearly said that most of his colleagues think walls and barriers work.

If the entire leadership and "most" of the rank and file agents feel a certain way, that's good enough for me to know that the professioanls who actually do this work feel that walls and barriers work.

walls work. anyone who says otherwise is lying. you cant have an honest conversation with someone who is lying about something that is fundamental like that.

i think there was a survey of the cbp agents a year or so ago that had like 70-80% of them saying we need a wall.

i think the other side expects the wall to be 100% effective or just assume its a complete waste. that is also flawed. of course nothing is going to be 100% effective. i just ask that it is very effective and that cbp/ice pick up the few that eventually get by.

a wall/fence/whatever is a deterrent. we needed this a long time ago. also the current immigration laws suck. no reason that the dems/reps cant compromise to make something happen.

Now i just want a dog that can teleport. Talk about a gamechanger

Reactions: EweSeaEff
Why are you attacking a grieving mother? Had we enforced immigration law, this illegal immigrant isn't here and her son is alive.

Despicable.
Lol I am so confused by how dumb your post is that I read mine like 3 time trying to find any fragment that could be even remotely misunderstood as an attack on the grieving mother. Then I remembered that you're you.

Ive responded to it a couple of times. I've asked at what level would it be a good investment and haven't gotten a response to that question.

Ok, can I rephrase my request? I haven't heard anyone respond to my question with a remotely logical reason we should pay $15 billion for this wall.

Your rambling rant about a police officer harassing you made zero sense in the context of why we should throw away money on the wall.

Harsh but true, sorry.

Lol I am so confused by how dumb your post is that I read mine like 3 time trying to find any fragment that could be even remotely misunderstood as an attack on the grieving mother. Then I remembered that you're you.

lol you literally attacked HER words, dolt. Why are you lying? Saying a 22 year old was killed by an illegal immigrant and his mother spoke out on the matter, is as factual as it gets. Your defensiveness and need to counter the mothers' words tell me all I need to know about you.

You're an extremist who wants open borders.

Ok it's story problem time kids! Get out your paper and pencil.

If $5,000,000,000 builds a wall that is 200 miles long, and assume you could hire border patrol for $50,000 per year, how much would you save by just puting 3 shifts of guards every half mile over the same stretch of land for 24 hours per day for 10 years?

Ok it's story problem time kids! Get out your paper and pencil.

If $5,000,000,000 builds a wall that is 200 miles long, and assume you could hire border patrol for $50,000 per year, how much would you save by just puting 3 shifts of guards every half mile over the same stretch of land for 24 hours per day for 10 years?

[roll]

Who needs professionals like the CBP Agent in the story when you have left wing extremists like FC offering mindless solutions like this?

That would be 400 stations, 3 guards per station for 24 hour coverage.

1200 guards making 50,000 per year

10 years

$600,000,000.

So you could save 4.4 billion dollars! That's almost 90% amazing!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT