ADVERTISEMENT

Bortles

hemightbejeremy

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2011
Just became the 16th QB in NFL history to throw 35 Touchdown passes in a single season. The only second year QBs to throw more TDs in a season in NFL history are Dan Marino and 28 year old Kurt Warner. The Jags defense is horrendous but it seems like they are at least watchable now with an offense that is clicking.

Reactions: UCFhonors
CXRc_rsVAAAUu9H.png

And remember he didn't play the first 4 games of last season. Definitely exceeded expectations

I've become a big Jag's fan and I can tell you he has come a long way since last year. His decision making has gotten better and so has his mechanics. Not has many ducks thrown this season. Obviously, he has some things to clean up but the conversation has shifted from the QB and the offense to the atrocious defense. I really question if Bradley is the man for the job. I actually want him to stick around just for the fact that if he gets canned, Bortles will be forced to learn a 3rd offense in 3 years.

I'm not going lie, I was worried about Blake's NFL career after last season albeit my biggest praise of Blake is his effort to get better. This season he put all those concerns down. Blake is legit. He wasn't starter quality his freshman year at UCF. He got better each year. By his RS jr year he was a top cfb QB. I hope he continues to progression in the NFL.

Last edited:
Hope the coach gets one more year.
Blake is the real deal and has weapons now. Why Alan Robinson wasn't a first rounder and in the pro bowl is a great mystery. He "only" ran a 4.55 40. The guy was unstoppable vs great college competition for 2 years and has size.
We couldn't stop him.

Blake does need to clean up a few things to get W's. It's wasn't 100% on the defense in every game. Howver they sucked and regressed, but should get Fowler back who was a 1st rounder from UF.

Blake does need to clean up a few things to get W's. It's wasn't 100% on the defense in every game..

yeah he had some costly turnovers at the worst times that cost them a few games. I guess we can spin it that he doesn't have a consistent run game but he still needs to clean that up bc Jags fans won't care about padding stats in blowouts if they finish 5-11 again next season.

Big improvement this year for Blake. I think he still needs to shorten his throwing motion on passes less than 30 yards. Like throwing darts. He needs to watch all the Tom Brady game video he can. I think Blake has the talent to be an elite qb for years to come with more experience.

Blake has played well for his second year. The kicker lost a couple of games this year. That may have costs them a chance at the playoffs :sunglasses:

yeah he had some costly turnovers at the worst times that cost them a few games. I guess we can spin it that he doesn't have a consistent run game but he still needs to clean that up bc Jags fans won't care about padding stats in blowouts if they finish 5-11 again next season.

That run game is horrible.. literally 1st and goal from the 1 and they pass. The run game is really really bad.. So they need to clean up the defense and the run game. At least make it respectable.

The Jags have some good young talent, Bortles is improving and, more importantly, capably leading, and the team has shown much more competence and even the occasional flash of brilliance this year. Steady improvement, a few key offseason acquisitions, and a few more decent draft picks and, in a year or two, they will be in the thick of things. Remember, not every QB who went on to greatness had outstanding rookie or sophomore seasons. Bortles has the talent and maturity and work ethic to become one of the greats. And I believe he will.

Bortles, and Allen Robinson, helped lead my team to a fantasy football title. I still say the Texans were morons to draft Clowney over Bortles. But they couldn't take Bortles over the hype built SEC product could they? Of course not, they are the Texans.

Bortles, and Allen Robinson, helped lead my team to a fantasy football title. I still say the Texans were morons to draft Clowney over Bortles. But they couldn't take Bortles over the hype built SEC product could they? Of course not, they are the Texans.

You can blame Bill O'brian for that. I guess Bortles kicking the crap out of him and his "top high school" recruit QB wasn't enough at Penn State. Clowney was a "sure bet." The jury is still out, but it doesn't look like a good choice as of now.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT