ADVERTISEMENT

Bortles...

dude is one of my favorites Knights ever but I don't know how anyone watches him and thinks 'that's a franchise QB'. Would you want your favorite NFL team to stick with him? The Jags could have had Cousins

He is having a bad game.

It was just a few weeks ago that he had a great game vs the Patriots.

Call me a homer, but I rather Blake do okay than Jags do well without him.

Reactions: Knight Strength
He hasn’t done well at all... however, I wish he had protection, running game, and weapons at WR.
the same excuses can't be being made for him like he is still a rookie or 2nd year guy

His poor play and the offense sucking so much also effects the defense bc they get demoralized about constantly being on the field.

Jags are going to be in the QB market either through the draft if the season goes bad enough or trade.

dude is one of my favorites Knights ever but I don't know how anyone watches him and thinks 'that's a franchise QB'. Would you want your favorite NFL team to stick with him? The Jags could have had Cousins
Let's also remember that the Jags could have had Johnny Manziel as well. Sometimes you have to look at what you do have instead of what you don't have.

the same excuses can't be being made for him like he is still a rookie or 2nd year guy

His poor play and the offense sucking so much also effects the defense bc they get demoralized about constantly being on the field.

Jags are going to be in the QB market either through the draft if the season goes bad enough or trade.

They will be there looking. However, they missed their mark. But I do want to see how someone else does with the constant drops and poor protection.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
...as Knights we hate to see that Blake has'nt flourished in the NFL ....but it is what it is , BB just does'nt seem to have the stuff to be an quality NFL QB .... he's done in Jax ... where it goes from here ???

Last edited:
His best year was 2015. In that year his average depth of target was about 2 yards deeper than any other year and he was pressured a lot less. That shows that the recievers around him that year were better at getting open or the scheme was more effective. Jax is a shit place for a QB to be.

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
His best year was 2015. In that year his average depth of target was about 2 yards deeper than any other year and he was pressured a lot less. That shows that the recievers around him that year were better at getting open or the scheme was more effective. Jax is a shit place for a QB to be.
Wouldn't be nearly so bad if Fournette was healthy

I thought his contract was 32 Million guaranteed. QBs that mess with their throwing motion when they get into the NFL typically don't last long. Notice I said mess and not tweek. His long ball motion is far from what I remember. He looked really bad the week prior too.

I thought his contract was 32 Million guaranteed. QBs that mess with their throwing motion when they get into the NFL typically don't last long. Notice I said mess and not tweek. His long ball motion is far from what I remember. He looked really bad the week prior too.
I think his newest deal was for $21 million. If he gets cut this offseason he will be owed $16.5.

His mechanics will never get it done in the league consistently. Too long of a release. Too many balls batted and too many ducks. Sucks because he has a huge drive to win and is one of the best running QBs in history.

It is disappointing that he never improved his mechanics during his career but the experts say it is rare to do so.

Bortles is now a multimillionaire at 27 or whatever age he is.

He’s worth many millions and in the end, the NFL is just a job

How many guys play NFL QB for 5 years plus?

He’s a complete success and should wake up everyday happy that he is set for life financially and he’s not a jerk. So he is set as a person too who has many friends, family and countless hot women

He’s a complete success and should wake up everyday happy that he is set for life financially and he’s not a jerk. So he is set as a person too who has many friends, family and countless hot women

I didn't see who called him a jerk. I agree that he is a financial success but he really never achieved what I thought he would achieve as far as a player. To most players it's more than the money. They strive to be the best they can be and maybe this is as good as Blake can be which is a whole lot better than most players that never even get that chance. I was really hoping this year he would continue to trend up. As far as hot women, I thought we were talking about football. lol

.... yeah it's a real tearjerker !!!

Reactions: Mikesi
I didn't see who called him a jerk. I agree that he is a financial success but he really never achieved what I thought he would achieve as far as a player. To most players it's more than the money. They strive to be the best they can be and maybe this is as good as Blake can be which is a whole lot better than most players that never even get that chance. I was really hoping this year he would continue to trend up. As far as hot women, I thought we were talking about football. lol
...... now that is a real reply ,,, not that drivel on the post above ...

What I’m saying is that he’s not going to be some arrogant rich asshole sitting on millions of dollars
He’s not a jerk. He’s a pretty cool, down to earth guy who will have millions and a lot more in life. He has a lot of friends, fans and a good family. You can actually walk up to him in person publicly and say hi. Some millionaires are miserable, because they are jerks.

As far as the women thing. Well after he’s out of football, isn’t that what bachelors do??

He’s at least as known for dating hot women as he is for being a good football player. Maybe that’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Last edited:
To most players it's more than the money
Meh. In 2018, that’s questionable. Maybe for some of the GOAT’s like Brady, Manning, etc

If they all loved it, there wouldn’t be contract holdouts, guys walking away from the game early without injuries, etc. Additionally, they would play for much less.

In the end it’s a job. 5 years if you’re lucky

What I’m basically saying that if he gets benched (he’s back), cut, etc. he’s set and doubt he’ll be miserable. Hard to feel sorry for a guy with 20-30 million plus

Last edited:
Meh. In 2018, that’s questionable. Maybe for some of the GOAT’s like Brady, Manning, etc

If they all loved it, there wouldn’t be contract holdouts, guys walking away from the game early without injuries, etc. Additionally, they would play for much less.

In the end it’s a job. 5 years if you’re lucky

What I’m basically saying that if he gets benched (he’s back), cut, etc. he’s set and doubt he’ll be miserable. Hard to feel sorry for a guy with 20-30 million plus
People with a lot less are set for life..........

Reactions: Mikesi
Let's see, he has an O line that can't protect the pocket, a running game that can't move the ball, and receivers that can't catch the ball. Yep, all his fault.
All true! He just looks really bad at times with turnovers and very errant throws.

He will always be a big UCF fan and I know sooner or later he will be involved again in a good way with our program.

I’d love to see New England pick him up and make him the next Gronk. (Obviously he can run in open field) Even if he gets cut he can still be a backup and make a few million a year.

I’d love to see New England pick him up and make him the next Gronk. (Obviously he can run in open field) Even if he gets cut he can still be a backup and make a few million a year.
There's many QBs that have enjoyed long career as backup. Not sure if this is his road but last Jags QB is still in NFL, correct?

Reactions: lawknight
He can still be a journeyman QB when his Jags days are done. There are worse starters on the NFL and every year teams are trying to find a starting QB. Next year, Arizona, Denver and 5 other teams will be looking for someone to fill the gap until they find their franchise QB. Blake is still better than a lot of choices.

There is also a possibility they get a reciever or some kind of offensive help for him and he plays well enough to stay(see Flacco).

ADVERTISEMENT