ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Marshall - NFL HOF Nominee

As far as receivers, Steve Smith, Bolden, Welker and Reggie Wayne would be ahead of him. Devon Hester was one of the greatest return men in history, but that never got anyone into the HOF. How is Reggie Wayne not in already? Mike Alstott should have been in years ago. Guy was a beast.

BM had a great career and he was fun to watch at UCF, even with bad QBs. Wish him the best and hope he gets in some day.

Great to see him at the game last weekend and best of luck with the HOF. Dude was prototype.

Didn’t he retire 5 years ago? This would be his first ballot. Most people don’t get voted in first ballot.

Marshall deserves it, and not just because I have UCF bias. He put up incredible numbers with VERY mediocre quarterbacks throwing to him most of his career. We're talking Jay Cutler (twice), Chad Henne, Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick and a host of other pedestrian slingers. Just imagine what he would've done with just an above-average qb for a good portion of his career.

He was kinda like Mike Evans is now. Big and physical with a large catching radius ... but also deceptively fast. He likely doesn't get in immediately but I hope the voters understand what a talent he was and eventually put him in the HOF.

Guess Asante Samuel's chance is over?

Who's first, Sitton or Marshall? I'm betting Sitton.

As far as receivers, Steve Smith, Bolden, Welker and Reggie Wayne would be ahead of him. Devon Hester was one of the greatest return men in history, but that never got anyone into the HOF. How is Reggie Wayne not in already? Mike Alstott should have been in years ago. Guy was a beast.

BM had a great career and he was fun to watch at UCF, even with bad QBs. Wish him the best and hope he gets in some day.
Outside of Steve Smith, I dont think I would put any of those other receivers above Marshall, especially not Welker. Bolden and Wayne have almost the exact numbers with 2-3 additional years on their career. Also, Marshall not only holds the record for the most catches in a game at 21 but he also holds the 4th spot with 18 in a game. As someone pointed out above that was all with mediocre QB play.

Reactions: DeezKnights
Outside of Steve Smith, I dont think I would put any of those other receivers above Marshall, especially not Welker. Bolden and Wayne have almost the exact numbers with 2-3 additional years on their career. Also, Marshall not only holds the record for the most catches in a game at 21 but he also holds the 4th spot with 18 in a game. As someone pointed out above that was all with mediocre QB play.
Also as previously pointed out, look at the difference in QBs from Welker and Wayne to Marshall, it's obvious, two of the best QBs to ever play the game. Smith had Delhome and Cam, and why I would say Steve Smith is right there with Marshall. Jake and Smith had huge years and even though I had Jake on my Fantasy team a few of those years back then, lots of injuries and a lot of different backups for Smith. Moore, Testeverde, Derek Anderson, etc.

Boldin is a stud, but played in 23 more games and has half as many pro-bowls, 3 to 6. Wayne played in 32 more games and only has 100 more receptions. Heck even with an additional 40 games under his belt, Smith only has 61 more catches than Marshall.

The NFL HOF isn’t really stat based. It’s more built on fame and name recognition. How many Super Bowls, blah blah.

I don’t disagree with you.

Reactions: akahotsizzle
I think BM's work on and advocacy for mental health in the NFL will certainly play a role in his chances.
That's actually a very interesting point. Will that matter. Is it just stats, or the whole person? Either way, didn't he have the most receptions in a year? And he lasted more than that year, which is what many say--- "great stats for a year but did he last".

He was in Ace Ventura. Seriously, he was a very well known QB and had an amazing career. My point was that popularity is just as important as stats in the HOF.
I mean, Ace Ventura and glove commercials, is that not the only reason HOF!!!!! (it is a joke for the slow)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT