ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wimbush isn’t going to start.

Just by completions it sounds like everyone has work to do.

Mack was 10/23
BW 6/15
DG 3/11

Now I believe they weren't able to get into a groove but I think the take away from the spring game is just like Heup said, no decision has been made.
DG did have 2 drops I believe. So really 5-11

Mack was 10/23
BW 6/15
DG 3/11

Now I believe they weren't able to get into a groove but I think the take away from the spring game is just like Heup said, no decision has been made.
I thought we had four quarterback options. Maybe we don’t have any

Mack was 10/23
BW 6/15
DG 3/11

#noflyzone

Mack was 10/23
BW 6/15
DG 3/11

Definitely lots of room for improvement across the board but yes it is very hard to get into a rhythm. It is also extremely difficult for a QB to go through progressions and find receivers when you are basically playing 1 hand touch.......

Agreed! Special on the feet, but we have way too many mouths to feed on the offensive side.
Wimbush has only been in the system for a few months. He's got the rest of spring and most of the summer to work on things. Glad to hear DG did well not easy for a kid to come in as an early entry from the other side of the planet practically.

In long term it's best interest of the team that Gabriel RS. It's one thing to look poised when you know you are not going to get hit, it's another when you have someone 100lbs heavier than you like an Ed Oliver that wants to bury you 6 feet under. Why waste a year of eligibility while he's still learning the playbook, trying to bulk up, and learning to take a leadership role. Never mind the risk of injury.

If he's really the best option in August, then Mack and Wimbush were both busts.

Last edited:
In long term it's best interest of the team that Gabriel RS. It's one thing to look poised when you know you are not going to get hit, it's another when you have someone 100lbs heavier than you like an Ed Oliver that wants to bury you 6 feet under. Why waste a year of eligibility while he's still learning the playbook, trying to bulk up, and learning to take a leadership role. Never mind the risk of injury.

If he's really the best option in August, then Mack and Wimbush were both busts.

Agree with this. Hopefully we can find other ways to get Quadry on the field.

I just hope all 4 play against famu. DG can play in up to 4 games and not waste a redshirt. Start Mack and maybe give each a quarter

Reactions: Shark19
I just hope all 4 play against famu. DG can play in up to 4 games and not waste a redshirt. Start Mack and maybe give each a quarter
No. We need to play one, even if it means swallowing our pride and rolling with Gabriel. Two-guy systems mean nobody has a handle on doing the job correctly. Here are our records when using a 2-or-more QB system (or basically a no-QB system in 2015; I'll leave out 2004 since that was year one of a actually starting a football program):
2006: 4-8
2008: 4-8
2011: 5-7
2015: 0-12

We have too much talent to probably be as bad as these seasons but we have to roll with one guy. If that guy isn't working then move on to another but don't go back to the first guy.

No. We need to play one, even if it means swallowing our pride and rolling with Gabriel. Two-guy systems mean nobody has a handle on doing the job correctly. Here are our records when using a 2-or-more QB system (or basically a no-QB system in 2015; I'll leave out 2004 since that was year one of a actually starting a football program):
2006: 4-8
2008: 4-8
2011: 5-7
2015: 0-12

We have too much talent to probably be as bad as these seasons but we have to roll with one guy. If that guy isn't working then move on to another but don't go back to the first guy.

You’re probably right, but if we’re up 28-0, wouldn’t mind seeing more than 1 get reps.

We potentially could be at the beginning of an era where we start a different QB every year. Can we all agree that KZ would have gone after 2017 if he were 6"3'? If each QB puts up 3000 yards in this offense, they gone.

We potentially could be at the beginning of an era where we start a different QB every year. Can we all agree that KZ would have gone after 2017 if he were 6"3'? If each QB puts up 3000 yards in this offense, they gone.

Is there any school really like that? USC had a run of NFL qbs (whether they were good or bad), but still all drafted. Palmer, Leinart, Sanchez, Barkley, Kessler, Darnold all played at least two seasons, most playing 3.

There was 33 QBs that passed for 3000 yards last year, multiple that only played 11 games. Unless you fit all the physical and mental requirements for the NFL, putting up giant numbers doesn't mean much these days.

The offense actually hinders, because everyone should have inflated numbers with Heupel offense. If someone had 3000 yards passing with GOL offense you have someone standing out, see Bortles.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Is there any school really like that? USC had a run of NFL qbs (whether they were good or bad), but still all drafted. Palmer, Leinart, Sanchez, Barkley, Kessler, Darnold all played at least two seasons, most playing 3.

There was 33 QBs that passed for 3000 yards last year, multiple that only played 11 games. Unless you fit all the physical and mental requirements for the NFL, putting up giant numbers doesn't mean much these days.

The offense actually hinders, because everyone should have inflated numbers with Heupel offense. If someone had 3000 yards passing with GOL offense you have someone standing out, see Bortles.

I can only think of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State (occasionally) and Texas Tech in the Mike Leach days that could just plug a new QB in every year.

Worst case scenario the best guy starts and we still have depth at the QB position, can't really complain.

If Mack hasn't progressed it's gonna be a long year. He's impressed me with the limited time he's had. I think a lot of people are putting too much stock in his limited action last year and seem to forget how lost Milton looked his first year. We all know what happened that second year.

The good thing about Mack is he doesn't have to carry the team, we have too many weapons to utilize so it comes back to being a good game manager and taking what the defense gives you and let your guys make plays for ya. We all know he's got decent wheels and a strong arm.

I can only think of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State (occasionally) and Texas Tech in the Mike Leach days that could just plug a new QB in every year.

That is true, any QB will have good numbers. It just doesn't always translate to team success or NFL aspirations.

Worst case scenario the best guy starts and we still have depth at the QB position, can't really complain.

If Mack hasn't progressed it's gonna be a long year. He's impressed me with the limited time he's had. I think a lot of people are putting too much stock in his limited action last year and seem to forget how lost Milton looked his first year. We all know what happened that second year.

The good thing about Mack is he doesn't have to carry the team, we have too many weapons to utilize so it comes back to being a good game manager and taking what the defense gives you and let your guys make plays for ya. We all know he's got decent wheels and a strong arm.
Yea. As long as the line holds up I think we'll have a successful season regardless of who starts at QB.

Reactions: firm_bizzle

The NFL is actually getting away from the “Pro Style” offenses. Turning into the college game more and more each year. The Browns were thinking on bringing in Oklahoma HC to take over.

Its normally not good to play a true freshman at QB. They need time to adjust to the speed of the game. With the exception of the dude from Clemson last year.:sunglasses:

Its normally not good to play a true freshman at QB. They need time to adjust to the speed of the game. With the exception of the dude from Clemson last year.:sunglasses:
If you have a better option then if course the Freshman sits. But if you lose 4,5,6 games or more anyway you may as well start the Freshman. KZ isn’t as good year 2 if he doesn’t start year1.

The NFL is actually getting away from the “Pro Style” offenses. Turning into the college game more and more each year. The Browns were thinking on bringing in Oklahoma HC to take over.

Yes, and many NFL teams had been down to OK to visit with him and see how he does things. I'm really glad OK extended him because if he went to the NFL you know their first call would have been to Heupel.

If you have a better option then if course the Freshman sits. But if you lose 4,5,6 games or more anyway you may as well start the Freshman. KZ isn’t as good year 2 if he doesn’t start year1.
We were coming off 0-12, different situation now.

ADVERTISEMENT