ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking news about the Dayton gunman!

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Shockingly, his ex-girlfriend said that he didn’t get the mental help that he needed
(1). He was a crazy

and

Dayton Police said that he had “violent ideologies.” (2). Violence

and

(3). He has a gun that could kill a lot of people fast

Are we making this more complicated than it should be?
Actually, it's pretty straightforward:

Muslim Shooter: Terrorist
African American Shooter: Lowlife Thug
Hispanic Shooter: One of those Illegals I bet
White Shooter: Had untreated Mental Issues

Reactions: firm_bizzle

There you go framing everything as a racial issue again.

Reactions: UCFWayne

That's pretty racist.

Many of these gunmen are racist

That would have to fall under the violent issue more than a mental health/crazy issue

Many of these gunmen are racist

That would have to fall under the violent issue more than a mental health/crazy issue
Really? Other than El Paso and the f’ed up kid in South Carolina, which ones? Loughner? Mateen? The guy that shot up the Republican baseball team? Lanza?

What’s the ratio that qualifies as many?

Really? Other than El Paso and the f’ed up kid in South Carolina, which ones? Loughner? Mateen? The guy that shot up the Republican baseball team? Lanza?

It depends if you’re talking about the biggest/top massacres or all of them. Additionally, a lot were racist, even though they weren’t all using that as the sole reason to kill people. They were full of hate and violence

Timothy Mcveigh was a racist. Yeah., it wasn’t technically a gun massacre, but an act of American terrorism nonetheless

Although back to my original point

Racist killings are an act of violence.
Hating the government motive killings are an act of violence

A lot of the rest were crazy people

Not seeing a lot of other categories other than violent people and mentally ill people

Again, you have to have a way of killing a lot of people fast

You don’t see a lot of knife mass murderers anymore

The only variable that POSSIBLY could be changed is gun control.

Changing people just isn’t going to happen

Since you brought him up, McVeigh made common ingredients into a bomb and killed a bunch of people. We didn’t outlaw fertilizer or box trucks. “Some people did something” with a couple of planes and killed an enormous amount of people. Many of the industrial chemicals readily available can be turned very easily into mass murder agents and are actually easy to get. People that want to perform massive acts of evil will find a way.

You can’t get rid of all of the destructive agents and many are far more effective and scary than guns. Taking away the guns isn’t going to solve the problem. We have to find a way to either change the people or identify them in advance. Your easy solution of “take the scary thing away” is not going to work.

We have to find a way to either change the people or identify them in advance.
That absolutely isn’t going to happen

Society has gone away from the “wholesome family” culture of 50 years ago and it’s not going back. We are becoming a loner society

Additionally, we are cutting down on elaborate plans to destroy whole buildings and using airplanes as weapons. That’s why they are becoming more uncommon and gun massacres more common

You can’t change people.

Biden came out today and said that if he is elected say goodbye to those firearms used to kill a lot of people quickly

I just don’t think anyone is going to go with the changing people as a solution

So basically nothing is going to happen.

Last edited:

El Paso shooter is already labeled a terrorist you ignorant jackass

Since you brought him up, McVeigh made common ingredients into a bomb and killed a bunch of people. We didn’t outlaw fertilizer or box trucks. “Some people did something” with a couple of planes and killed an enormous amount of people. Many of the industrial chemicals readily available can be turned very easily into mass murder agents and are actually easy to get. People that want to perform massive acts of evil will find a way.

You can’t get rid of all of the destructive agents and many are far more effective and scary than guns. Taking away the guns isn’t going to solve the problem. We have to find a way to either change the people or identify them in advance. Your easy solution of “take the scary thing away” is not going to work.

This is not true. While evil people will certainly continue to do evil acts, guns are relatively cheap and will forever be the most used and effective means of killing people by terrorists and mass murderers alike.

Bomb making is not easy. They require chemical know how, engineering skills, and money. Yes, McVeigh used fertilizer for the ammonium nitrate, but federal restrictions have since been put into place on exactly who can acquire chemicals of an explosive nature in bulk so Joe Schmoe ain’t getting a hold of 4,000 pounds of fertilizer like that again.

You’ll still get some IEDs like the Boston Bomber used, but in reality it’s so much easier for people who really want to hurt others to just pull the trigger.

This is not true. While evil people will certainly continue to do evil acts, guns are relatively cheap and will forever be the most used and effective means of killing people by terrorists and mass murderers alike.

Bomb making is not easy. They require chemical know how, engineering skills, and money. Yes, McVeigh used fertilizer for the ammonium nitrate, but federal restrictions have since been put into place on exactly who can acquire chemicals of an explosive nature in bulk so Joe Schmoe ain’t getting a hold of 4,000 pounds of fertilizer like that again.

You’ll still get some IEDs like the Boston Bomber used, but in reality it’s so much easier for people who really want to hurt others to just pull the trigger.
I’m not talking about fertilizer bombs. I could go down the list of TIC/TIMs that are easily available or easily stolen that would never raise an eyebrow until it took out an entire school or bar full of people in a horrific way. Not to mention mechanical means inflicting mass casualties. We live in ignorant bliss thinking we’re safe.

Regardless, you look at the statistically very few mass murderers and say, man we have to make guns harder to get. Well, you’re also making them harder to get for abused women and elderly who need an easy force multiplier for defense. You know who you aren’t making them harder to get for? All those people who commit most of the gun crime in places like Chicago, Oakland, Baltimore, and Orlando.

Well, you’re also making them harder to get for abused women and elderly who need an easy force multiplier for defense.
Wow. I didn’t think that abused women and all the elderly needed a gun. There isn’t any other way to protect them?

That’s sad if society has come to that. That alone stresses my point about out culture changing so drastically. Another poster pointed this out in detail

Well.., how about starting with the types of guns? Let’s start somewhere.

Although back to my original point

Racist killings are an act of violence.
Hating the government motive killings are an act of violence

A lot of the rest were crazy people

Not seeing a lot of other categories other than violent people and mentally ill people

Again, you have to have a way of killing a lot of people fast

You don’t see a lot of knife mass murderers anymore
See plenty of bus and truck attacks in europe.

Wow. I didn’t think that abused women and all the elderly needed a gun. There isn’t any other way to protect them?

That’s sad if society has come to that. That alone stresses my point about out culture changing so drastically. Another poster pointed this out in detail

Well.., how about starting with the types of guns? Let’s start somewhere.
It doesn’t matter if you think they need them. It matters if they think they need them.

Ok, tell me what types of guns are acceptable for use and what aren’t. We’ll take fully automatic weapons off the table to begin with as they aren’t legal at this moment anyways.

The only variable that POSSIBLY could be changed is gun control.

Changing people just isn’t going to happen
To do gun control you need a bigger stronger govt. Governments have done more mass shootings than anyone. Some how empowering Washington, who want to take away freedoms and have more power and control does not seem like a great idea to me.

It doesn’t matter if you think they need them. It matters if they think they need them.

Ok, tell me what types of guns are acceptable for use and what aren’t. We’ll take fully automatic weapons off the table to begin with as they aren’t legal at this moment anyways.

Squirt guns are a public nuisance. The need to be banned asap.

Ok guys. Alter the thought processes of every male over 12-15 years of age or so in America or invent a time machine to go back to the time of the Clevers

Great solution. Good luck with that

There you go framing everything as a racial issue again.

That's how it is.

I wonder if the El Paso shooter is forced to sleep in a cage on the floor, drink from a toilet and not bath for a week? Isn't that what we do to people who break the law?

That's how it is.

I wonder if the El Paso shooter is forced to sleep in a cage on the floor, drink from a toilet and not bath for a week? Isn't that what we do to people who break the law?

Lol hey look- another nutjob took AOC propaganda and ran with it as fact.

More ICE bombings amirite?

That's how it is.

Oversimplification and obfuscation to fabricate a scenario that generates an emotional appeal where you assume a moral position to limit any real analysis or discussion. Great job!

the guy clearly had issues in his past that shouldve prevented him from passing a background check. we need congress to fix that particular issue.

Reactions: vroomba
Oversimplification and obfuscation to fabricate a scenario that generates an emotional appeal where you assume a moral position to limit any real analysis or discussion. Great job!

Ha! I'm stealing this for future Facebook use

Sounds like people are calling for and arguing for or against gun control.

It’s the ONLY variable that can POSSIBLY be changed.

Not brain control
Not truck control
Not van control
Not fertilizer control. Well maybe

You just described this troll perfectly

guy is just another tds troll who lets his emotions override his critical thinking capabilities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT