ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Sicknick, Capitol Police Officer Killed in Coup Attempt, Was Antiwar Trump Supporter

When thugs run wild, reality no longer matters. Just like BLM and Antifa destroying small black owned businesses, in the middle of black neighborhoods.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
This lady just called it an attempted coup. I get that Democracy Now is about as far left as you can get, but at no point was a coup ever attempted. Those doors got into the capital and started taking selfies with Pelosi’s crap. There were guys on video saying they didn’t know what to do now that they got in. Storming the capital was bad, but the way most media is covering this you’d think this was The French Revolution or something. They weren’t even armed when they entered. We have a serious problem with propaganda right now.

Eric5TCW8AEEbPU.jpg

All the people who worked under Trump are scrambling to distance themselves from him. They know what is happening and coming. The crackdown coming will be swift and cruel. I can’t blame them, I might do the same if my livelihood, and possibly freedom, were being threatened.

I honestly don’t understand how some can’t see the danger of what is happening right now. It is frightening and sets a horrible precedent for the future. I hate government. The only thing I hate worse than government is big government. Totalitarian government that works with corporations to silence dissent. Oh, and Subway. I hate Subway. That place is gross.

Now I disliked you. Take that, friend. I did that with a heavy heart.

This lady just called it an attempted coup. I get that Democracy Now is about as far left as you can get, but at no point was a coup ever attempted. Those doors got into the capital and started taking selfies with Pelosi’s crap. There were guys on video saying they didn’t know what to do now that they got in. Storming the capital was bad, but the way most media is covering this you’d think this was The French Revolution or something. They weren’t even armed when they entered. We have a serious problem with propaganda right now.
They wanted to kill the Vice President, simpleton.

I honestly don’t understand how some can’t see the danger of what is happening right now. It is frightening and sets a horrible precedent for the future.
I honestly don't understand how people could believe that our 'totalitarian government' (you know, those deep state, never Trumpers) is working with big corporations to swiftly and cruelly crack down on dissent and threatening our freedom. Geez, you'd think we have a coup effort going on!

But I do agree Subway sucks.

I honestly don't understand how people could believe that our 'totalitarian government' (you know, those deep state, never Trumpers) is working with big corporations to swiftly and cruelly crack down on dissent and threatening our freedom. Geez, you'd think we have a coup effort going on!

Bill Kristol was involved in the TIP. He also signed the Project for a New American Century. I don’t trust that guy. A Neocon Never Trumpet that seems to show up right before massive events happen. So they are definitely involved. If you don’t see it yet, just wait. I’ll still be here with my tin foil hat and matching vest.

They wanted to kill the Vice President, simpleton.
Are we sure the Vice President is alive? I’ve never seen him move. There is a 67% chance that if someone shot at him he would open his mouth with a circumference of three feet and shoot murder wasp at the assassin. The bullet would ricochet of his titanium exoskeleton.

• Wow

Subway is ok, but it doesn't taste nearly as good as it smells. It makes no sense.

• Wow

I like Subway

Walk yourself through this step by step as a purely hypothetical:

Imagine sitting POTUS loses election convincingly. Refuses to concede. Incites his followers with a HUGE lie that the election was stolen. Loses overwhelmingly in court. Pressures state executives in his party to figure out how to reverse the result. Pressures legislatures to toss over-ride the will of their voters. Tell his VP he's a "pussy" if he won't try to over-turn the EC vote. Supports a rally intended to March on the Capitol building while they're counting the vote. Said rally becomes a mob that storms the Capitol with flex cuffs.

This is what's obvious publicly. There's countless circumstantial data points that make it more concerning. Firing of a bunch of pentagon brass AFTER the election to install loyalists. A reluctance to deploy troops during the riot. A group of 10 formers SecDefs writing an anti-coup op-ed in unity. A letter from JCoS to the entire military recognizing Joe Biden as the winner of the election and actually using the terms sedition and insurrection. Who knows what else is going to come out.

Do I think Trump overtly plotted a coup? Absolutely not. That's now how it would work. It's like the Alexander Hamilton quote - the goal was to create pure chaos and attempt to "ride the whirlwind." I do believe Trump was prepared to let chaos play out - do nothing to stop the chaos - and then see where he stood afterward. For all he knew, nothing interesting would happen at all.

IMO, this is basically stochastic terrorism. You incite and encourage while maintaining plausible deniability. "How was I supposed to know they were gonna take "trial by combat" literally???"

Well said, Boosted. The same people who are first to STH and say "come on, you guys are exaggerating" would be the first to be chanting 'lock him up! lock him up! lock him up!' if the shoe was on the other foot.

Another interesting development..........

If this is true, and house members were coordinating or facilitating this, why impeach Trump over it? If people had been surveiling the capitol building for days, it would seem to me that his speech that day wasn't what incited the riot.

This is kind of interesting. The mob that gathered around the capitol building started becoming aggressive 20 minutes before Trump was done speaking. They didn't hear what he had to say.

This is kind of interesting. The mob that gathered around the capitol building started becoming aggressive 20 minutes before Trump was done speaking. They didn't hear what he had to say.
So that's your evidence why he's not guilty? You act like nothing Trump did led to this coordinated Capitol Building attack. To hear some of you talk, this is all about a little speech, right?

Trouble with that thinking is that:
1) Despite trailing in the polls by double-digits, Trump said before the election that the only way he could possibly lose is if the election was rigged;
2) Trump set the stage by encouraging his voters to vote the day of the election; insuring that the heavily-Democrat mail-in votes would be counted last in the key battleground states;
3) Trump said after Biden won that -- despite losing the EC and the popular vote overwhelmingly -- that the election was "stolen" from him (I said to my wife, Thank God the election wasn't even close or we'd be in for a world of hurt);
4) Trump and his lawyers appeal the results in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia -- and lost them all.
5) Trump met with State legislatures and encouraged them to not certify their State's EC electors.
6) Trump did massive fund raising focused on "Stop the Steal;"
7) Trump tried to get the Governors of Arizona and Georgia to not certify their state's EC votes;
8) Trump tried to get Georgia's Secretary of State to "find" 10,790 votes;
9) Trump encouraged his followers to come to Washington for a rally -- coincidentally on the same day Congress would officially bless the election results;
10) Trump tried to strong-arm Pence into announcing he would 'throw the results back to the states;'
11) During his POST-ELECTION political rally, Trump encouraged his supporters to "go to the Capitol" saying he'd be right there with them and told them to "show strength;" and
12) Guess what? Once the rioting broke out, Trump resisted efforts to send in the national guard. There were insurrections hanging out inside and outside of the Capitol FOR HOURS after the initial attack.

Soooooooooo...pardon me when I think this impeachment vote was a tad bit more than a 'totally appropriate' speech to his supporters.

So that's your evidence why he's not guilty? You act like nothing Trump did led to this coordinated Capitol Building attack. To hear some of you talk, this is all about a little speech, right?

Trouble with that thinking is that:
1) Despite trailing in the polls by double-digits, Trump said before the election that the only way he could possibly lose is if the election was rigged;
2) Trump set the stage by encouraging his voters to vote the day of the election; insuring that the heavily-Democrat mail-in votes would be counted last in the key battleground states;
3) Trump said after Biden won that -- despite losing the EC and the popular vote overwhelmingly -- that the election was "stolen" from him (I said to my wife, Thank God the election wasn't even close or we'd be in for a world of hurt);
4) Trump and his lawyers appeal the results in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia -- and lost them all.
5) Trump met with State legislatures and encouraged them to not certify their State's EC electors.
6) Trump did massive fund raising focused on "Stop the Steal;"
7) Trump tried to get the Governors of Arizona and Georgia to not certify their state's EC votes;
8) Trump tried to get Georgia's Secretary of State to "find" 10,790 votes;
9) Trump encouraged his followers to come to Washington for a rally -- coincidentally on the same day Congress would officially bless the election results;
10) Trump tried to strong-arm Pence into announcing he would 'throw the results back to the states;'
11) During his POST-ELECTION political rally, Trump encouraged his supporters to "go to the Capitol" saying he'd be right there with them and told them to "show strength;" and
12) Guess what? Once the rioting broke out, Trump resisted efforts to send in the national guard. There were insurrections hanging out inside and outside of the Capitol FOR HOURS after the initial attack.

Soooooooooo...pardon me when I think this impeachment vote was a tad bit more than a 'totally appropriate' speech to his supporters.
Read the articles of impeachment they voted on today. It said that on January 6 2021 he incited sedition. Thats a faulty argument. If they had said that from November 5th through January 6th he incited sedition that would be inarguable, so its odd that they focused on that one day where he really didn't say much and the riot started before he was even finished speaking.

ADVERTISEMENT